Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Farm Frenzy posted:

Jensen has rarely commented publicly on transgender politics, though, in his 2006 book Endgame, Jensen does briefly mention transgender people, along with other marginalized groups, in a call for political solidarity.[35] In 2015, CounterPunch published an article by Jensen in which he claims that trans activists were "liberals" who criticized him primarily because he believes women would be required "to share their most intimate spaces with men ... I believe that women have the right to bathe, sleep, gather, and organize free from the presence of men," in response to DGR members denying a transgender woman membership in a women's caucus space.[36] Another CounterPunch article claims that Jensen's current beliefs challenge the "gaslighting" "essentialist position" held by "trans activists on their assertions that ... their brain is 'female'." [37]

Nice wiki pull showcasing that the guy in question is in fact a trans ally? What's your point?

Interesting that the criticism is coming from CounterPunch as well. Maybe read the thread, it's already been uncovered that CounterPunch is owned by a pedophile.

Edit: Also lmao that you went to "Wikipedia > Jensen > Criticism" immediately. You're a piece of poo poo. And lazy.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 15:44 on Sep 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Nice wiki pull showcasing that the guy in question is in fact a trans ally? What's your point?

Interesting that the criticism is coming from CounterPunch as well. Maybe read the thread, it's already been uncovered that CounterPunch is owned by a pedophile.

Edit: Also lmao that you went to "Wikipedia > Jensen > Criticism" immediately. You're a piece of poo poo. And lazy.

sorry it took five seconds to find out that this guy is a terf crank and not at all representative of the lgbt movement

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Actually it looks like I misread that pull. It doesn't really have much relevance though, unless you're saying he fabricated those quotes from queer theorists?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Actually it looks like I misread that pull. It doesn't really have much relevance though, unless you're saying he fabricated those quotes from queer theorists?

im gonna need better evidence than some boomer transphobe getting yelled at by teens for saying poo poo that was largely discredited by the 1990s for the idea that the lgbt movement is connected to normalising paedophiles

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Farm Frenzy posted:

the idea that paedophilia is going to follow other lgbt rights is homophobic

i am anti-paedo and all my lgbtq pals are anti-paedo too 👍

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Al! posted:

im glad lsd is available to those who need a push in the right direction

It's schedule 1 just like weed, the schedule for drugs "with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse." Lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wait is there seriously a clown in here saying that lgbtq people just want to normalize pedophilia????????????????????????????

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Farm Frenzy posted:

im gonna need better evidence than some boomer transphobe getting yelled at by teens for saying poo poo that was largely discredited by the 1990s for the idea that the lgbt movement is connected to normalising paedophiles

Discredited? So the theorists did write that but they really meant something else when they said pedophilia is fine actually?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Al! posted:

wait is there seriously a clown in here saying that lgbtq people just want to normalize pedophilia????????????????????????????

there's a strawman in here saying that yeah :tinfoil:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Al! posted:

Basically the opposite. people are claiming that pedophilia panic is an anti-lgbt dogwhistle.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Al! posted:

Maybe not in here, but yes that's a belief in the world

The Kingfish posted:

Basically the opposite. people are claiming that pedophilia panic is an anti-lgbt dogwhistle.

Maybe it's technically only a claim because it's not probable or whatever, but that's what it seems like to me too

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Edp

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Maupin Cummings

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

The Kingfish posted:

well then what's everyone mad about? it obviously has been used that way many many times, but doesn't seem to be in the epstein case

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Discredited? So the theorists did write that but they really meant something else when they said pedophilia is fine actually?
they said it in the 60s and 70s when nobody knew poo poo and nobody other than a few old academics, who also happen to be terfs, think that now. it has no connection to the current lgbt movement. do you think that this stuff proves that the cabal wants to normalise loving kids?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

im referring to the argument thats essentially 'gay marriage, whats next? marrying your dog?'

Serf
May 5, 2011

Farm Frenzy posted:

the idea that paedophilia is going to follow other lgbt rights is homophobic

i know a person who thinks that associating billionaires with pedophilia is queerphobic lol

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

guys let's talk about the CIA paedos and shady financial poo poo again, the real war is out there

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Farm Frenzy posted:

they said it in the 60s and 70s when nobody knew poo poo and nobody other than a few old academics, who also happen to be terfs, think that now. it has no connection to the current lgbt movement. do you think that this stuff proves that the cabal wants to normalise loving kids?

Whoops nobody knew pedophilia was bad in the 60s and 70s. It's new for pedophilia to be bad!

I'm not saying it has a connection to the LGBTQ movement, I am saying it has a connection to LGBTQ academia/academics (though, of course, it's not their totality nor is it exclusive to that stripe of liberal, it finds a home among libertarians as well).

Farm Frenzy posted:

do you think that this stuff proves that the cabal wants to normalise loving kids?

As a single example? No of course not.

The normalisation of pedophilia isn't exclusive to a cabal, Clinton or otherwise. Elite-committed pedophilia is in no way exclusive to one particular American cabal and it's curious you keep pushing in that direction. Prince Andrew? Savile? Dutroux?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gh0stpinballa posted:

guys let's talk about the CIA paedos and shady financial poo poo again, the real war is out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdJ9Wwdl8NQ

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

yes i too am heartened bill hicks is doing well for himself whats your point man

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Al! posted:

lgbtq people just want to normalize pedophilia

gently caress off

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Whoops nobody knew pedophilia was bad in the 60s and 70s. It's new for pedophilia to be bad!

I'm not saying it has a connection to the LGBTQ movement, I am saying it has a connection to LGBTQ academia/academics (though, of course, it's not their totality nor is it exclusive to that stripe of liberal, it finds a home among libertarians as well).

As a single example? No of course not.

The normalisation of pedophilia isn't exclusive to a cabal, Clinton or otherwise. Elite-committed pedophilia is in no way exclusive to one particular American cabal and it's curious you keep pushing in that direction. Prince Andrew? Savile? Dutroux?

I don’t think for a second that elites want to normalize pedophilia. A huge part of why these people engage in pedophilia is because it is a serious social transgression that normal people don’t get to engage in.

The Kingfish has issued a correction as of 16:23 on Sep 2, 2019

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

been reading about operation ore and how they discovered high level members of the uk government had been downloading dodge videos and pictures, and the UK press was likely hit with a D notice to stop them reporting on it.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

The Kingfish posted:

I don’t think for a second that elites want to normalize pedophilia. A huge part of why these people engage in pedophilia is because it is a serious social transgression that normal people don’t get to engage in.

I'd caution against formulating an over-arching theory about elite motivations and intent. I can only consider the evidence and there's a non-negligible amount of normalisation coming out of elite-controlled institutions like academia and print media.

Edit: As a corollary I strongly suggest not considering the elite a monolith.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 16:49 on Sep 2, 2019

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Can we please get back to Epstein's weird egg dick??

Stocking
Jul 24, 2007

being a pedo was normal and cool in the 70s. like jimmy page and david bowie and poo poo were all loving the same children and everyone knew.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
being a pedo was not 'normal' in the 70s but Jimmy Page and David Bowie etc were all loving 14 year olds and probably younger children, but that's because they were part of the larger British/American/International pedophile cabal, there were and are ongoing attempts to normalize pedophilia by members of the cabal, I think this is much more a hedge against exposure than any kind of long term or original purpose though

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Pedophilia being pushed into LGBTQIA+ is def an alt right/reaction psyop campaign, as they've openly admitted and the fact they're really bad at false flagging memes or posts

There's probably also some academic cranks who lend it an undeserved level of examination, but there are also academics out there writing about queering MQ-9 Reaper Drone bodies or whatever, there's all sorts of dumb poo poo out there if you're willing to look for it

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

nah the attitudes in the past were appalling, basically if the girl was 13 or above society more or less considered her fair game. every rockabilly in the 50s was banging 14 year olds on the reg and people were like ho boy what a character.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
[bad joke scrubbed]

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 17:53 on Sep 2, 2019

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

gh0stpinballa posted:

nah the attitudes in the past were appalling, basically if the girl was 13 or above society more or less considered her fair game. every rockabilly in the 50s was banging 14 year olds on the reg and people were like ho boy what a character.

I do not buy this, rich people have normalized their psychopathy in history through ages and then it has turned out literally nobody did that poo poo except the upper crust, I am willing to buy that it basically went unprosecuted so lower class pedo got away with it way more and did it way more, but I don't think there was ever a point in modern American history where adult/elderly men loving children was ever normal for the average joe

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old first cousin once removed while he was 22, after all.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Ace of Baes posted:

I do not buy this, rich people have normalized their psychopathy in history through ages and then it has turned out literally nobody did that poo poo except the upper crust, I am willing to buy that it basically went unprosecuted so lower class pedo got away with it way more and did it way more, but I don't think there was ever a point in modern American history where adult/elderly men loving children was ever normal for the average joe

dude come on i'm not saying people think it's normal. i'm saying there are certain stock attitudes people cleave to when these exposes happen that function indistinguishibly from avowed support for ruling class exploitation. when the rotherham stuff broke over here there were numerous examples of people trying to downplay it by saying the victims "acted older than they were" or "knew what they were getting into". you see similar perverse attitudes towards abused child stars too, "where were the parents/the kids wanted fame or money", "millie brown should stop dressing like that around drake". the ruling class does need some base of lower class support otherwise it would collapse, that's where rape culture, racism, misogyny, the self-hating working class etc come in. this is why only a robust class war discourse will fight this poo poo.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

Horseshoe theory posted:

Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old first cousin once removed while he was 22, after all.

Wasn't that like the first instance where audiences flipped their poo poo about it?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
One of the acronyms that got beaten out by LGBTQ was GSM (gender- and sexual minorities), at least in part because the latter included pedophilia under its umbrella while the former does not.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Duncan Jones dedicated his movie, Mute, to his father, David Bowie. The major themes in the movie are parenting and pedophilia.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

weird! probably a coincidence, people disappear without a trace all the time

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1168529507998978049?s=21

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1168578039334223873?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
I don't think anyone has posted the ESL conspiracy video here yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK2rzyqtqPw

Farm Frenzy posted:

sorry it took five seconds to find out that this guy is a terf crank

It's possible to be a terf and anti-pedo. Improbable, yes, it's pretty much always the opposite, but not impossible.

If you look into the PIE from the 60s/70s one of their major goals was normalization and if I had to guess embedding with academics and starting with theory before moving into open practice was part of their strategy. Normalization would likely help rapists who aren't in the cabal significantly more than those who are, so it stands to reason that it has support that isn't entirely within the cabal.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Edit: As a corollary I strongly suggest not considering the elite a monolith.

Basically this.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

weird! probably a coincidence, people disappear without a trace all the time

He dead :rip: