Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kaido may (definitely) be biased towards Zoans, Yes.
Ancient Zoans even more probably.

Something to note:
Most of Big Mom's crew are Paramecias, while Kaido's are Zoans.

Logias might be intended to be a bit too rare to base your crew around but I have a feeling that Blackbeard might fill that niche.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

blackbeard's crew has

logia/paramecia
mythical zoan
paramecia
paramecia

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan
Most crews don't seem to have more than one Logia outside of the Marines OG three admirals. Probably just too rare and sought after. If we see more than one Logia in a group I'm betting it's going to be some celestial dragon security team.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The thing is that Zoans are multiplicative while Paramecia are additive (Logia kinda vary); even idiots benefit from Zoans when they're already brutally strong. Makes sense given Kaido's whole thing is brute strength in as biggest quantity as he can get it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I hope the Straw Hats eventually get a Logia, just so we get more action scenes involving one of them. Of course, it'd be kind of funny if the Logia is some incredibly lame, useless substance and it's Usopp who gets it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

naginalJJ posted:

I'm looking forward to the fight between Brook and Apoo. Battling with music!

It's going to be 3 chapters in the style of Toki and Skwisgaars guitar battle at his audition. The anime better have it all be entirely musical as well, where everyone sings everything until Soul King is triumphant.

Can Of Worms posted:

Drake was shown to be tangentially related to Kaidou in the past, his dad was the Marine that was trading the Ope Ope fruit in Law/Rosinante's flashback.

Drake originally left the Marines because he wanted to go after Kaido out of revenge for killing a fellow Marine. So it was always weird that he joined up with Kaido.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
X Drake isn't 10?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

No Wave posted:

X Drake isn't 10?

The X is pronounced Diez.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

The X is pronounced Diez.

and what is diez spanish for

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

dinosaur

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

oddium posted:

blackbeard's crew has

logia/paramecia
mythical zoan
paramecia
paramecia

What mythical zoan?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

catarina has kitsune

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Drake's Vivre Card very explicitly points out that he has an interest in Law and Luffy's alliance. I bet a crisp 100 Belly that he's joining up with them.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Gyges posted:

Drake originally left the Marines because he wanted to go after Kaido out of revenge for killing a fellow Marine. So it was always weird that he joined up with Kaido.

Wait! Where does this come from?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Kaido may (definitely) be biased towards Zoans, Yes.
Ancient Zoans even more probably.

Something to note:
Most of Big Mom's crew are Paramecias, while Kaido's are Zoans.

Logias might be intended to be a bit too rare to base your crew around but I have a feeling that Blackbeard might fill that niche.

I feel like Blackbeard is basing his army on accumulating as many Devil Fruits in general - especially rare and powerful ones - as much as possible so others can't have them.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Folt The Bolt posted:

Wait! Where does this come from?

I can't find it now, but I remember at one point him alluding to both a hatred for Kaido and his leaving the marines having something to do with not being able to go after one of the 4 Emperors. Also he did attack one of Kaido's islands as our re-intro to him after the time skip.

It is interesting that there's so much revolutionary references tied up with him as well though. So it's possible that he's a Revolutionary Army mole and could be acting to help Luffy like Ivankov did.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brother Entropy posted:

and what is diez spanish for

Diez nuts

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Gyges posted:

I can't find it now, but I remember at one point him alluding to both a hatred for Kaido and his leaving the marines having something to do with not being able to go after one of the 4 Emperors. Also he did attack one of Kaido's islands as our re-intro to him after the time skip.

It is interesting that there's so much revolutionary references tied up with him as well though. So it's possible that he's a Revolutionary Army mole and could be acting to help Luffy like Ivankov did.

Drake was already on Kaido's team after the timeskip: He attacks Caribou who had just finished liberating the island from Scotch (the guy Drake attacked pre-timeskip because he knew Kaido would retaliate if he did).

We're probably going to find out his deal this arc anyway.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Now that it's break week I feel it's a good time to bring up that Luffy vs Dorry is a fantastic moment in One Piece. Thank you for listening.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Folt The Bolt posted:

Drake was already on Kaido's team after the timeskip: He attacks Caribou who had just finished liberating the island from Scotch (the guy Drake attacked pre-timeskip because he knew Kaido would retaliate if he did).

We're probably going to find out his deal this arc anyway.

You're right, it was just before time skip. It happened when we got the check in with the Supernovas and the scattered Strawhats.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Oooo I didnt know he was a black dino :aaaaa:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Parrotine posted:

I think he's just shaded, he's pretty green in the anime and Stampede.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Haki dinosaur

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Parrotine posted:

He's covered with nanomachines.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.
I'm gonna go ahead and call that the Numbers are likely Oni. It's the smoothest way of explaining Kaido's situation. He's an oni who ate a mythical eastern dragon devil fruit. I wouldn't bother calling them oni if it wasn't pointed out that they're all messy drunks like him. And obviously they'd most likely hail from Onigashima.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

kaido is a dragon who ate the oni fruit though

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

Brother Entropy posted:

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Brother Entropy posted:

And he tries to kill himself to activate some power up zenkai poo poo like Whitebeard being stabbed in Marineford, right?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

DanZX posted:

And he tries to kill himself to activate some power up zenkai poo poo like Whitebeard being stabbed in Marineford, right?

actually he tries to kill himself because he wants to die

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Brother Entropy posted:

It's rough when Death just won't text you back.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brother Entropy posted:

Well no he tries to kill himself, because he likes testing how invincible he is.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gyges posted:

It's rough when Death just won't text you back.

LOL if Kaido's plan ends up being more like Thanos than the movies.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

LOL if Kaido's plan ends up being more like Thanos than the movies.

blessed oda wouldn't deny us death's big knockers

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Brother Entropy posted:

blessed oda wouldn't deny us death's big knockers

So goth Nami?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

DanZX posted:

So goth Nami?

So Perona?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

DanZX posted:

Nah it's just for shits and grins

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Huzzah! posted:

So Perona?

More Perona would be pretty great

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

There a break this week?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019