Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Thanks for the list of mods! There are at least a couple that I think I'll check out.

What I really want is something that will adjust the rarity of finding LosTech in the shops to something reasonable. I'm fine with it being comically expensive, but so far (post-campaign) I've been going to planets that should have a chance for it and finding nothing, and it's getting a bit tedious.

Some pages back there were posts about adjusting weapon damage and shop rarity, but from the Discord chat it seems like nowadays it's less .json editing and more of a .csv hell.

Any good recommendations for mods, or a guide for finding the values to tweak manually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/466

Lostech in stores

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Zarin posted:

Thanks for the list of mods! There are at least a couple that I think I'll check out.

What I really want is something that will adjust the rarity of finding LosTech in the shops to something reasonable. I'm fine with it being comically expensive, but so far (post-campaign) I've been going to planets that should have a chance for it and finding nothing, and it's getting a bit tedious.

Some pages back there were posts about adjusting weapon damage and shop rarity, but from the Discord chat it seems like nowadays it's less .json editing and more of a .csv hell.

Any good recommendations for mods, or a guide for finding the values to tweak manually?

idk what you've been expecting to find, but the only lostech available in regular shops is Gauss Ammo, and HGN-732b parts/mech in the Black Market.

Conspiratiorist fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 25, 2019

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Conspiratiorist posted:

idk what you've been expecting to find, but the only lostech available in regular shops is Gauss Ammo, and HGN-732b parts/mech in the Black Market.

That's pretty much it; I was hoping to luck upon a 732b to strip for parts on the Black Market and I haven't found one yet, even after hopping across the galaxy looking for only Black Market systems.

I saw Gauss Ammo exactly ONCE, and I thought, "Oh, it's pretty common to find the ammo but not the rifles, I guess I'll just wait a bit to buy it then" and then of course I've never seen the ammo since, even though after the campaign and Flashpoint I have 2 rifles, I only have like 2 ammo.

I'd also prefer that the game was "Oh, yeah, DHS are very, very pricy" instead of "Oh, if a DHS gets destroyed it's an auto-restart on the mission because they are literally priceless".

I mean, "priceless" fits into the lore fluff, but it doesn't make for a fun game I guess. (To me, anyway)

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Amechwarrior posted:

You may have a bug that HBS put a bounty out for:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/wanted-aksoundengine-dll-bug-dead-or-alive-reward-available.1201921/

Either way if you have logs, post them to the bug subforum there.

So, either I really hosed up sending a PM on their forum (the UI is baaaad, mkay?), or they just ignored me for the last month or so.

Oh well, not like I was planning to spend more money on the game.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Speaking of mods, I haven't really kept up with the game since a few months after release. Are roguetech and battletech advanced 3062 any good? I'm mostly looking for a decently hard experience, a reason to not field 4 assault mechs forever once I've assembled them and hopefully not having to sperg for 40 minutes in the mech bay between each mission.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Eraflure posted:

and hopefully not having to sperg for 40 minutes in the mech bay between each mission.

Definitely avoid Roguetech then.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eraflure posted:

Speaking of mods, I haven't really kept up with the game since a few months after release. Are roguetech and battletech advanced 3062 any good? I'm mostly looking for a decently hard experience, a reason to not field 4 assault mechs forever once I've assembled them and hopefully not having to sperg for 40 minutes in the mech bay between each mission.

I think BT:A 3062 is really good. It has a good range of equipment options, doesn't delve in to clan stupidity, and changes it up by giving the AI a mix of really good custom mechs available to spice up hard missions so you don't just have to snooze through yet another terrible stock mech stompfest as you detonate thunderbolt CT ammo for the 30th time.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Alright, I'll give that one a shot then :toot:

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

I played through the campaign at launch and am now getting back into career mode and I’ve completely forgot/they changed the pilot skill trees stuff, how the hell should I be building these dudes (until they get inevitably headcapped)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

First Bulwark and then whatever.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Gaukler posted:

I played through the campaign at launch and am now getting back into career mode and I’ve completely forgot/they changed the pilot skill trees stuff, how the hell should I be building these dudes (until they get inevitably headcapped)

Bulwark on all, then make a choice:

- Multi-Target + Breaching Shot: very effective in LRM builds (2xLRM20, 3xLRM20) an AC20 builds by splitting fire to bypass enemy Damage Resistance.
- Sensor Lock + Master Tactician: SL is situationally useful as an alternative to taking a shot, but you're in here for the initiative boost, as taking your turns before the enemy (and being able to reserve past them for doble turns) is very strong.
- Sure-Footing + Coolant Vent: SF protects your sub-Assaults from getting knocked down by sustained enemy fire, while CV is the best offensive talent in the game. You could sub in Sure-Footing for Multi-Target, but the latter is more situational without access to Breaching Shot, whereas Sure-Footing is providing benefits just from taking a step.

You could also gently caress around with Ace Pilot, but getting good mileage out of it requires very specialized builds and/or lance compositions.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Conspiratiorist posted:

- Multi-Target + Breaching Shot: very effective in LRM builds (2xLRM20, 3xLRM20) an AC20 builds by splitting fire to bypass enemy Damage Resistance.
- Sensor Lock + Master Tactician: SL is situationally useful as an alternative to taking a shot, but you're in here for the initiative boost, as taking your turns before the enemy (and being able to reserve past them for doble turns) is very strong.
- Sure-Footing + Coolant Vent: SF protects your sub-Assaults from getting knocked down by sustained enemy fire, while CV is the best offensive talent in the game. You could sub in Sure-Footing for Multi-Target, but the latter is more situational without access to Breaching Shot, whereas Sure-Footing is providing benefits just from taking a step.

You could also gently caress around with Ace Pilot, but getting good mileage out of it requires very specialized builds and/or lance compositions.

It's this. :hmmyes:

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

Conspiratiorist posted:

I find I get a lot of mileage out of Ace Pilot when I've got something where tactics rely heavily on jump jets, a Griffin or the -AA Vindicator or whatever, much less so when you're fielding assault lances that can't move well enough to maximize evasion.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

finally had a chance to fire up this game over labor day, got to the first real mission just now and on the last turn, I miss a few 80% shots, the last remaining light vehicle turns around and gets off a lucky srm crit on my main character which chains into an ammo explosion, totalling the mech and putting my dude in the hospital for 110 days

what are the actual in-game consequences of this, is it worth just like restarting at this point?

edit: VVV word, thanks

Hauki fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 2, 2019

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
no consequences, don’t worry about it

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

Excellent, thank you.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Hauki posted:

finally had a chance to fire up this game over labor day, got to the first real mission just now and on the last turn, I miss a few 80% shots, the last remaining light vehicle turns around and gets off a lucky srm crit on my main character which chains into an ammo explosion, totalling the mech and putting my dude in the hospital for 110 days

what are the actual in-game consequences of this, is it worth just like restarting at this point?

edit: VVV word, thanks

This happened to me on my first playthrough too. The only real consequence was the rest of my lance maxing out their levels a few missions before him. I never felt like I couldn't advance the story because I had been dropped on my head or anything

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

GHOST_BUTT posted:

I find I get a lot of mileage out of Ace Pilot when I've got something where tactics rely heavily on jump jets, a Griffin or the -AA Vindicator or whatever, much less so when you're fielding assault lances that can't move well enough to maximize evasion.

Ace Pilot isn't about evasion, it's about taking a high initiative mech, reserving to go last, then jumping in, alpha striking someone, immediately alpha striking them again as the turn flips, then jumping away without taking a shot.

It's extremely good for taking a firestarter into midgame and making it very useful with some good plays while accepting that the rest of the lance will have to tank the return fire. Once you are all in assaults then Ace can no longer create the initiative space between you and the enemy to pull this trick and even the 'fast' Assaults benefit more from bulwark+something else.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

I made it all the way through the campaign with my Highlander intact.

First post-game mission? Torso completely destroyed. I lost the Gauss Rifle and ammo, all my +10 dmg MLs, and four DHSes.

e: The pilot lived, though. :shrug:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Conspiratiorist posted:

Master Tactician is much less useful in the endgame because you can't reserve past Assaults. Its only use at that point is to stop enemy Heavies all getting a freebie at the start of combat. You should almost never take it over Coolant Vent.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

There should be an expansion that allows players to take the parts from various mechs they've salavaged and combine them into their own frankenmechs.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wrr posted:

There should be an expansion that allows players to take the parts from various mechs they've salavaged and combine them into their own frankenmechs.

The Bigger Steel Claw

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

The Bigger Steel Claw

A KGC Big Steel Claw would be the punchbot to end all punchbots, and I want it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

And Tyler Too! posted:

A KGC Big Steel Claw would be the punchbot to end all punchbots, and I want it.

A Hunchback with the claw on the opposite side of the hump, to balance it out. :haw:

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Atlas but the head is replaced with an Urbie.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Atlas but the legs are Urbies

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Atlas, but it's made up of five urbies voltron style

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
if it can rocket punch, with the urbie arms, then I'm sold

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Groetgaffel posted:

Atlas, but it's made up of five urbies voltron style

That's just an Annihilator.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The urbie arms rotate their AC20s towards the shoulder joint and fire blanks to blast off

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Faced this little guy in a normal mission. And yes, the gear was available for salvage (I didn't get any because I took max pay to make Darius shut up).

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
Battletech is the early unlock for next month's Humble Monthly bundle, in case any thread regulars still haven't bought it.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Lazyhound posted:

I made it all the way through the campaign with my Highlander intact.

First post-game mission? Torso completely destroyed. I lost the Gauss Rifle and ammo, all my +10 dmg MLs, and four DHSes.

e: The pilot lived, though. :shrug:

Had the exact same poo poo happen to me. Didn't bother playing that one any further. I mean, it was just after the game came out so waiting for updates/DLC was probably for the best anyway.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

I didn’t really care that much because I was just running down the refit timer on the Atlas to run a few missions with it before uninstalling for a while. I’ll probably do a career mode run with mods after the final DLC drops.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Patch Notes Time for 1.7

quote:

Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! Release 1.7 is now available! The main areas of improvement are issues identified by the community, AI, combat performance improvements, and map graphics. We have also improved gameplay difficulty balance in the Kamea campaign and addressed many minor glitches.

Release 1.7 Notes, 9/10/2019

From the Community
Fixed a formatting problem with the json for the PNT-9R
Updated the Hatchetman HCT-3X faction so that it is part of more lore relevant enemy lances
Fixed an issue where the ‘Double Agent’ Flashpoint awarded the wrong faction reputation
The Packrat now moves as a light wheeled vehicle
Stock lances in skirmish mode are no longer duplicated in the dropdown when the budget is unlimited
Several libraries for Ubuntu Linux users are now installed along with the game by default

AI
Improved AI’s ability to avoid a potential ECM exploit
ECM carriers will now work harder at keeping their allies cloaked
Further pathing fixes for several missions where the AI could become stuck
Updated lance role tags for a number of ‘Mechs (such as “tank”, “sniper”, “scout”, etc.)
Combat Performance Improvements
Particle system optimization
UI rendering optimization
Map Graphics
Many small map polish fixes - closing seams, grounding assets, clipping corrections, etc.

UI
Fixed a bug where an event may reference a random star system rather than the currently orbited one

Other
Re-balanced the Attack/Defend encounter type
Fixed many small grammar and translation errors
Improvements to missile trajectories
Balance adjustments to the Kamea story campaign:
Lowered mechwarrior hiring cost
Increased payout in c-bills for contracts
Increased base salvage for contracts
Increased the frequency of non-weapon rare items in salvage
Increased the starting cbills from 980k to 1000k
Increased the starting morale from 25 to 28
Increased MechWarrior XP per mission from 400 to 500
Updated difficulty settings to match new defaults
FIxed an issue where certain sounds on Urban maps would persist after save/load
FIxed an issue where player ‘Mechs could not melee units cloaked within an ECM field
The 'White Lies' Flashpoint is now available during career mode as well as after completing the campaign
Fixed an issue where buildings could collapse while they still had health
Fixed the contract results page for the ‘Hearts and Minds’ Flashpoint with the correct objectives
FIxed an issue where ally defense turrets would not turn on in Attack and Defend - Retaliation contracts
FIxed an issue where attacks would pass through buildings without causing stray shot damage
Gyro+++ component gameplay effects can no longer be stacked
Fixed an issue where Pre and Post mission autosaves would not properly generate for procedural contracts when any Flashpoint was active

Known Issues
Small amounts of text remain untranslated
The game does not always enter turn-based mode when hostiles drop in

IMPORTANT: Additional note for players who mod various game files…Reminder that modding is not officially supported. If you have saved a game with any mod active, that saved game will not work after an update has been applied unless you replace all modded files exactly as they were when the save game file was created. Saved games require the exact same data state in order to function properly.

Roll Back
It is possible to revert to past versions of our game in case you have trouble with this update. For more platform specific information go to our forums at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rollback-to-a-previous-patch-version.1112335/

As always, if you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Sky Shadowing posted:

Patch Notes Time for 1.7

quote:

Other
Re-balanced the Attack/Defend encounter type

Loaded line there.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Bit of a shrug. Will be back when we know more about Heavy Metal.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I hope they rebalance abilities. Mandatory bulwark is no good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Like an idiot, I saved game on exit from my ironman game when I realized that modtek wasn't working and now I can't revert to 1.6 to play my game. Frustrating.

Any word on when Modtek for 1.7 will be out?