Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/nodealskip/status/1168094488700641280

That's in Argentina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

By the looks of it, that was a deliberate bait and LOTS of dumb people and racists are falling for it. Yikes.

*If that's a famous troll account I don't know them, but still yikkkessss.

Desperado Bones has a new favorite as of 20:22 on Sep 2, 2019

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Dude, it's labor day.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

lmao if you think McDonald's closes on Labor Day Literally loving Ever

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bertrand Hustle posted:

lmao if you think McDonald's closes on Labor Day Literally loving Ever

Yeah but Corporate are probably not at their desks

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Customers being put in the hospital is exactly the kind of 'customer service' they deserve.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Wedge Regret

xarph posted:

Dude, it's labor day.

Also admitting liability is the last thing they want to do.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do appreciate her returning the food on the way to the ER

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I totally ate enough raw beef that I had to be in the hospital, then raised hell on twitter about it.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

xarph posted:

Dude, it's labor day.

lol i got served a raw burg from mcdonalds and i just gave it back to them after i bit into it and they gave me a cooked one and some free fries. try not eating the raw burg next time

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is McDonald’s not cooked like three years before it gets thawed at the appropriate poo poo shack?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Rolo posted:

Is McDonald’s not cooked like three years before it gets thawed at the appropriate poo poo shack?

Not the burgers. They're frozen meat-pucks that get smashed between superheated industrial soul-crushers, covered with "special seasoning" (salt), and then assembled by tired, overworked teenagers with unwashed hands and crammed into the gullet of someone probably contemplating either suicide or mayonnaise.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Desperado Bones posted:

and LOTS of dumb people and racists are falling for it. Yikes.

That’s Brexit for you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/_CakeBawse/status/1168505230801199104?s=19

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Not the burgers. They're frozen meat-pucks that get smashed between superheated industrial soul-crushers, covered with "special seasoning" (salt), and then assembled by tired, overworked teenagers with unwashed hands and crammed into the gullet of someone probably contemplating either suicide or mayonnaise.

what about when everyones at school. who does it then

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I hate to break it to you but most fast food workers are probably career fast food workers.

That whole ‘teen job’ argument that is used against minimum wage increases is a complete sham.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

I hate to break it to you but most fast food workers are probably career fast food workers.

That whole ‘teen job’ argument that is used against minimum wage increases is a complete sham.

It’s an argument made by upper middle class and rich idiots whose kids would never need a working class job. It doesn’t even make sense, because who do they think staffs the restaurants during the day?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

so wait are we pro-serving people raw beef? I've lost the thread here

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

CharlestheHammer posted:

I do appreciate her returning the food on the way to the ER

I thought that was a euphemism for vomiting.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Crocoswine posted:

Steak Tartare or bust, binch. :colbert:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

snergle posted:

At the place I worked at? They'd regularly let kids skip school and come in anyway, or they'd have the closers come in and "work a few extra hours" which ended up them working two full shifts, only they'd get clocked out by the GM so they don't get over 35 hours a week even though some worked over fifty or sixty.

dialhforhero posted:

Nottherealaborn posted:

It’s an argument made by upper middle class and rich idiots whose kids would never need a working class job. It doesn’t even make sense, because who do they think staffs the restaurants during the day?

I would sooner kill myself than go back to fast food. Thought Slime does a good job summarizing up the helltorture that is fast food service:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl_Ew0c4T9g

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Crocoswine posted:

it's very unlikely that fast food burgers are undercooked given that they are heated up on timed grills designed to cook standardized patties. and even if this did somehow happen, yelling at mcdonalds corporate via social media on labor day isn't going to do anything

e: lol

https://twitter.com/0nishea/status/1168630533460377601

Mr. Fall Down Terror has a new favorite as of 00:41 on Sep 3, 2019

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Hey now,

There's also pepper.

snergle posted:

The first shift and midnight shift are adults but the afternoon shift is where the funnel the teenage staff. Assuming they even have any anymore. Most are moving to the self serve kiosks

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

luxury handset posted:

it's very unlikely that fast food burgers are undercooked given that they are heated up on timed grills designed to cook standardized patties. and even if this did somehow happen, yelling at mcdonalds corporate via social media on labor day isn't going to do anything

A sweet tea altercation

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

luxury handset posted:

oh okay yeah this person is a dipshit. For a second it was making me think of the whole thing with the lady who sued because they gave her molten coffee.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

WrenP-Complete posted:

A sweet tea altercation

The worst Guns n Roses album.

Len posted:

The first shift and midnight shift are adults but the afternoon shift is where the funnel the teenage staff. Assuming they even have any anymore. Most are moving to the self serve kiosks

The self serve kiosks rule because it takes three times as long since someone is having problems figuring it out and an employee has to help them anyway.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Crocoswine posted:

oh okay yeah this person is a dipshit. For a second it was making me think of the whole thing with the lady who sued because they gave her molten coffee.

she sued for hospital costs and they wouldn't even give her that

the final tally was punitive and determined by the judge iirc

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

FFT posted:

she sued for hospital costs and they wouldn't even give her that

the final tally was punitive and determined by the judge iirc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNWh6Kw3ejQ

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Crocoswine posted:

I thought it was an event that obviously didn’t happen.

They hosed up by not either focusing on the refund or the ER. Doing both is just weird

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
When I worked at McDonald's you'd literally just put the frozen patty into a machine and it would come out cooked. That's it. That someone could somehow gently caress that process is astounding!

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Here’s my random rant on the coffee lady: 1) McDonalds should’ve covered the medical expenses, as they had done for previous cases. This specific case they hosed up hard by not doing so. 2) The argument was they kept their coffee too hot (dangerously so) and hotter than other local establishments and home brewers. However, the other drive-thru establishments had similar temperature coffee, since they’re all designed to-go and not drink instantly. 3) They further argued the overly hot coffee resulted in terrible burns, including her skins fusing together. However, the “correct” temperature they said McDonalds should’ve used would have resulted in the same burns, just would’ve taken 7-10 seconds instead of 3-5 seconds of direct exposure.

TLDR: It was NOT a frivolous lawsuit, but I also don’t think McDonalds is the bad guy, if they had paid for med costs. But let’s be real, in a good country, medical costs would be covered anyways instead of needing to sue to determine fault.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"I had a feeling" being the only proof these people need really does kinda sum up the conspiracy mindset. Almost comes off as self-aware here. Almost, but not quite.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Crocoswine posted:

She had to go to the hospital and get skin grafts. It was determined that the coffee they served was so hot that it was physically impossible to drink without major injuries. Their excuse was that people don't want to drink it right away but rather sip on it gently for a long time and so it had to be too hot at first.

The whole "lol sued for hot coffee" was without a doubt an early effort by McDonalds at organized social media propaganda (what passed for social media at the time)

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Eschenique posted:

She had to go to the hospital and get skin grafts. It was determined that the coffee they served was so hot that it was physically impossible to drink without major injuries. Their excuse was that people don't want to drink it right away but rather sip on it gently for a long time and so it had to be too hot at first.

The whole "lol sued for hot coffee" was without a doubt an early effort by McDonalds at organized social media propaganda (what passed for social media at the time)

Back when I worked morning shift I would occasionally get McDonald's if I didn't have a chance to make breakfast at home. Every time the coffee would be so hot that I would get to the end of my 1 hour commute and just get coffee from the office coffee pot while I was waiting for the McDonald's to be drinkable. gently caress McDonald's coffee. They aren't even the cheap option anymore.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Nottherealaborn posted:

TLDR: It was NOT a frivolous lawsuit, but I also don’t think McDonalds is the bad guy
McDonalds is 100% the bad guy.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Vib Rib posted:

McDonalds is 100% the bad guy.

This statement is true even in situations where McDonalds isn't even involved.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Eschenique posted:

I think it was less a concerted effort by McDonalds, (although I am not discounting their involvement), and more that it fed into the "PC gone mad, frivolous lawsuits, packages of peanuts with 'warning: contains nuts', what common sense thing will they take away from us old sensible people, rah rah rah" narrative that was prevalent then, and is prevalent now.

And that narrative has a greater hold on the public imagination than any facts. See what happens when you bring up the facts of this case to people, they will shrug and go "Oh, I suppose you are right, and maybe this didn't happen ... . But frivoulous law suits like this happen all the time everywhere! Snowflakes are suing over everything! Can't do anything I used to be able to because of PC! etc."

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

er just to be clear I'm on the lady-what-got-mad-burned's side here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I’m not sure other company do it to us a great defense