Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fallom posted:

has this game reached less than $40 in the US yet

dude, it was $20 on day 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Fallom posted:

has this game reached less than $40 in the US yet

It's $10 at Redboxes with a copy for consoles.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Powershift posted:

dude, it was $20 on day 2.

cdkeys has it for $48 on pc which I think is even more expensive than it used to be lmao

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I really want this game to be good because a lot of the quests in it seem pretty interesting. But I'm also not going to buy it until it's either cheap as hell or it's actually at least mediocre.

I'll check again in 3 months.

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl
I think it’s at least moving in the right direction. I think I put in something like 200-300 hours before I decided I couldn’t take some of the shitlordery of some players. Some of the changes they have made and are planning are really good, but it’s just a shame that it’s taken as long. Also kinda stupid how much they ignored so much of what people said they didn’t want from this game.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I think I'll look into picking it up once they release whitelisted private servers where people can tweak the rules and do stuff like permanent structures.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Stallion Cabana posted:

I really want this game to be good because a lot of the quests in it seem pretty interesting. But I'm also not going to buy it until it's either cheap as hell or it's actually at least mediocre.

I'll check again in 3 months.

It is, at the very least, mediocre

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Magmarashi posted:

It is, at the very least, mediocre

This is great because it's like the Starbound thread when the title was 'Starbound to give you buyer's remorse' and people still came in asked the thread and were told it was poo poo, bought it anyways, then got mad at the thread because it was poo poo

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
If the game ever lets you use mods the most popular ones will be crafted legendary weapons.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

WebDO posted:

This is great because it's like the Starbound thread when the title was 'Starbound to give you buyer's remorse' and people still came in asked the thread and were told it was poo poo, bought it anyways, then got mad at the thread because it was poo poo

I mean, mediocre isn't 'it's poo poo'. It isn't poo poo, I've played poo poo games before. You can have a long run of fun if you like poking through the ruins and landscape and popping mutant heads. A fair amount of the story stuff, though confined to holotapes and notes for now, is better than the standard fair of Bethesda writing.

It's just alright, is all. Not great, not terrible. Just..20-30 bucks worth of alright.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

*installs fallout 76 again to see if it got any better*

FIRST YOU MUST COLLECT 10 DOOHICKEYS BUT ONE OF THE DOOHICKEYS IS BEHIND A LOCKED DOOR THAT REQUIRES 20 DOODADS TO OPEN. ONE OF THE DOODADS REQUIRES YOU TO KILL 50 DERPS TO COLLECT 40 HERPS TO CRAFT THE DOODAD

*uninstalls*

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Fallom posted:

cdkeys has it for $48 on pc which I think is even more expensive than it used to be lmao

I see it in physical game stores for like £10 second-hand

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Gort posted:

I see it in physical game stores for like £10 second-hand

I think I bought it in the first week and stopped playing it and have tried multiple times to give access to goons who want to try it and dont have $ and have gotten 2 nibbles and now the character on the acc is like lvl 15

The PW for the account is InstantRegret!

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Finally got around to playing the FO4 DLC and holy crap Vault 88 is the absolute worst to defend, gently caress Vault 88 now and forever

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ASenileAnimal posted:

*installs fallout 76 again to see if it got any better*

FIRST YOU MUST COLLECT 10 DOOHICKEYS BUT ONE OF THE DOOHICKEYS IS BEHIND A LOCKED DOOR THAT REQUIRES 20 DOODADS TO OPEN. ONE OF THE DOODADS REQUIRES YOU TO KILL 50 DERPS TO COLLECT 40 HERPS TO CRAFT THE DOODAD

*uninstalls*

Also on a side note for the raid. They thought it was too rewarding and removed the guaranteed 3 star legendary drop.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Howard Beale posted:

Finally got around to playing the FO4 DLC and holy crap Vault 88

So I hadn't actually looked into the Vault-Tec Workshop, and I am just now realizing that Bethesda in July of 2016, released a DLC that involved the player constructing a vault that happens to share it's numerical designation with a particularly infamous bit of neo-nazi numerology.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

To be fair Charlotteville was in 2017 and Obama was still president in July '16 so the nazi problem was not as mainstream evident as it is now.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Yeah, but "88=Heil Hitler" was common knowledge; the ADL's had it as part of their web glossery of hate symbols for a long time. They can't really plead ignorance.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This is the first time I have ever heard of that.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

It's been a thing in Neonazi circles here in Germany for a long time. same as 18=A.H or, funny enough,20.4 or 420, Hitlers Birthday.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

88 is basically the most common Neo-Nazi symbol outside of an actual swastika. Gangs run with it on patches and tattoos pretty consistently.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Howard Beale posted:

Finally got around to playing the FO4 DLC and holy crap Vault 88 is the absolute worst to defend, gently caress Vault 88 now and forever

I spent 10 minutes running around huge empty caves looking for a single super mutant who was also wandering around lost.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I just did scrapall on 88 after finishing the quests. Loaded everything up and then slowly walked out of there and took a vertibird back to my main base with all the loot

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Being Canadian, I always think Wayne Gretzky first, but yeah, just one more thing they've corrupted.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I tried to make that vault look cool but the building blocks they gave me all sucked so I built like half a hallway, some rooms, and did the quests. Then there was never a reason to ever return. I only knew which vault you guys were talking about because they said it was the vault building dlc, I didn't even remember it was/as vault 88.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Being Canadian who doesn't actually like hockey and for some reason always mistakes his actual number of 99 for 88, I always think Wayne Gretzky first, but yeah, just one more thing they've corrupted.

And I somehow managed to quote myself rather than edit that post.

Okay, gotta go, toast's burni

Aoi fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Sep 4, 2019

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I can't believe all those stoner guys love Hitler so much they celebrate his birthday!

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Keeshhound posted:

So I hadn't actually looked into the Vault-Tec Workshop, and I am just now realizing that Bethesda in July of 2016, released a DLC that involved the player constructing a vault that happens to share it's numerical designation with a particularly infamous bit of neo-nazi numerology.

88 is also just a number

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I still think of Back to the Future before Hitler with that number. I hope that never changes

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Magmarashi posted:

88 is also just a number

This vault will become chancellor of America and The Joker shall lead its all straight white male army.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Bethesda is one of few developers who openly oppose and mock the nazis while acknowledging that the current right wingers are straight up nazis so they get a pass.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Being Canadian, I always think Wayne Gretzky first, but yeah, just one more thing they've corrupted.

88 was Eric Lindros' number, you shameful shameful Canadian

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Eschenique posted:

Bethesda is one of few developers who openly oppose and mock the nazis while acknowledging that the current right wingers are straight up nazis so they get a pass.

Bethesda published the Wolfenstein games, but they weren't the developers. Also, no one gets a loving "pass" on this poo poo.

I don't think they're cryptonazis, I think they were lazy and didn't bother to do even some cursory Google searches before settling on the number.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
it's a number. if they had named it Vault 1488 I would give it to you, but it's just 88, they did nothing wrong

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
FO4 is the last one that isn't a multiplayer hellscape right?

I guess I don't conceptually "get" why a series where a big part of the aesthetic was lonley vistas and a singular protagonist (lone wanderer so forth) decided multiplayer was the way to go?

:shrug:

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Keeshhound posted:

Bethesda published the Wolfenstein games, but they weren't the developers. Also, no one gets a loving "pass" on this poo poo.

I don't think they're cryptonazis, I think they were lazy and didn't bother to do even some cursory Google searches before settling on the number.

If you look at it from a purely subjective standpoint you will see that they do indeed get a pass.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Until reading this thread I had no idea 88 was associated with nazis to that degree. I've seen it in association in some places, but never knew outright that it was that connected and it's reasonable to assume lots of folks don't make that connection. Someone this sentiment above, but sometimes a number is just a number.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

FO4 is the last one that isn't a multiplayer hellscape right?

I guess I don't conceptually "get" why a series where a big part of the aesthetic was lonley vistas and a singular protagonist (lone wanderer so forth) decided multiplayer was the way to go?

:shrug:

Live Services! AKA nickel and dime players for all you can for as long as you can. This model requires multiplayer so that your small handful of whales can run around in a $50 outfit and "shame" a handful of dolphins into wasting their money. See Fortnight as an example.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MH Knights posted:

Live Services! AKA nickel and dime players for all you can for as long as you can. This model requires multiplayer so that your small handful of whales can run around in a $50 outfit and "shame" a handful of dolphins into wasting their money. See Fortnight as an example.

None of these sound like a good use of the Fallout IP at all, though?

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

None of these sound like a good use of the Fallout IP at all, though?

:ohdear:

They do to a Bethesda executive