Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Can someone post a build for an Energy Dethcube again? I finally wanna build one for myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Hey I'm going to build a Mire for Khora, don't have a riven yet. How should I mod it?

it doesn't matter what weapon you use for whipclaw, at all

i use a sibear because a good riven was 20p. the whipclaw aug pushes the damage up to 2m or thereabouts. just use a paracesis if you're feeling lazy on formas. the floor for ramped-up whipclaw damage is higher than anything in the game can take, even without a riven

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

no one actually seems to play her

she really comes into her element with level 160+ mobs, when other frames and weapons stop doing more damage than her

so yeah, nowadays no one needs to play her

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pomp posted:

Someone give me a good fragor prime build thank you

(Primed) Pressure Point/Blood Rush/Drifting Contact/Berserker

(Electricity mod)/(Primed) Fever Strike/Organ Shatter/(Primed) Fury or Reach [probably don’t use regular Reach over Fury in this slot]

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

ndub posted:

it doesn't matter what weapon you use for whipclaw, at all

i use a sibear because a good riven was 20p. the whipclaw aug pushes the damage up to 2m or thereabouts. just use a paracesis if you're feeling lazy on formas. the floor for ramped-up whipclaw damage is higher than anything in the game can take, even without a riven

Mire's noteworthy as a statstick because it's high dispo (1.43), has an heritable augment, and for some baffling reason gets a ghost +10% toxin(small but it's about the difference in quality between Jaw Sword rivens and Mire rivens). Riven prices for it aren't too bad, they've been on the rise but looks like around 100 if you plan to reroll.

Sibear is a good pick though, given its improbably high dispo. The most important attribute of choosing what to use for a stat stick is

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

i could have been more clear - there's no reason to buy a riven for whipclaw. save your plat

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
You can get a max disposition riven for an unpopular weapon for about 20p, which will make a significant difference in the effectiveness of your stat stick. If you run sorties regularly you probably have a couple of those rivens laying around. A good riven on your statstick means Khora doesn't need to waste slots on power strength or Accumulating Whipclaw to delete most enemies in the game.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Yeah, a combination of daily sortie play and statistical inevitability should grant you a melee riven with a five dot disposition eventually. That's how I got mine - a Jaw Sword with crit chance, melee damage and combo duration, set up with three bespoke configs for Khora (crits on crits), Gara (heavily elemental) and Atlas (impact all day).

I love it so much that I bought the electric shock prod Tennogen sword skin for it and named the mod configs Alternating, Direct and Ground respectively :haw:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Stat stick is probably the best place to put a riven if you're going to have only one. Due to the way they work this means you're getting like +300% damage +100% elemental on a single mod for effectively good weapons.

DoombatINC posted:

Yeah, a combination of daily sortie play and statistical inevitability should grant you a melee riven with a five dot disposition eventually. That's how I got mine - a Jaw Sword with crit chance, melee damage and combo duration, set up with three bespoke configs for Khora (crits on crits), Gara (heavily elemental) and Atlas (impact all day).

I love it so much that I bought the electric shock prod Tennogen sword skin for it and named the mod configs Alternating, Direct and Ground respectively :haw:

I mean, the general point is right but it's really funny that you highlight this for Jaw Sword, likely the best statstick option.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
I swear nightwave objectives bring out all the assholes. I just need to run four vaults. First group we joined, one guy says he is unable to craft keys. Everybody leaves. Why did you join a vault run? Second group, one guy refuses to equip a key, and demands to know why we aren't starting the mission. Someone starts the mission anyway, guy proceeds to exclaim all mission that you only need one key to complete the mission.

Guess which vault rolls?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Just equip all the keys yourself and Limbo your way to freedom

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah or rhino.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
*rises from the scorching sands, twitching with the false life given by ancient arcane technology and the unfathomable and imperious might of a cursed but benevolent Martian god-king*

OR INAROS

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

The Jumpoff posted:

Just equip all the keys yourself and Limbo your way to freedom

Yeah I just did this, equipped all the keys. Still brought in some pubbies to help me find the vault.

Pubbie A refused to equip a key, Pubbie B asked him fairly politely to equip one. I said I had all the keys equipped and it didn't really matter. Pubbie B insists that if Pubbie A equips a key, the mission might go faster if he finds the vault. Pubbie B doesn't start the mission for a good three minutes, when I convince him that any time savings gained from Pubbie A equipping a key have been lost waiting for him to equip one.

We do the mission, Pubbie A actually finds the vault, and it's the key that Pubbie B suggested he equip, so we have to wait a moment for someone to open it, but it isn't really a big deal. We extract and successfully complete the mission, no harm, no foul.

This is all fairly standard pubbie bullshit, so I'm not too phased. I leave the group because this is my fourth nightwave vault. Pubbie A PMs me and starts going off on me about how I am (quote) "human refuse". I try to respond that I don't understand what the problem is, we did the mission fairly uneventfully, but he immediately ignored me after his rant.

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 3, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Solo or goon it up

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Report (if they went homophobic or racist) and mute asap.

If someone wants to lose their drat mind and drama it up over the laughably low stakes in stuff you pub in this game they immediately prove that nobody should ever pay attention to them.
Finish the mission, leave the squad, never see them again.

Unless it's your kink or very funny to you they're not worth getting into lengthy shittalking.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
You find the best pubbies doing random missions and the worst doing events/nightwave

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Arsonide posted:

I swear nightwave objectives bring out all the assholes. I just need to run four vaults. First group we joined, one guy says he is unable to craft keys. Everybody leaves. Why did you join a vault run? Second group, one guy refuses to equip a key, and demands to know why we aren't starting the mission. Someone starts the mission anyway, guy proceeds to exclaim all mission that you only need one key to complete the mission.

Guess which vault rolls?

This is why I have a strict "never play with pubs" policy.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Improbable Lobster posted:

You find the best pubbies doing random missions and the worst doing events/nightwave

poo poo I ended up doing 4 runs of Kela, two Index runs and a couple of Disruption runs to round 8 with the same random pub group the other night.

"They shot me up with kuva. Good times!"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

now that you can equip multiple keys at a time i genuinely don't see why someone wold ever do vault runs with other people at all anymore

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I got a 75% off, should I buy Wisp, Hildryn or Nidus? All of them seem super annoying to farm.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mesadoram posted:

I got a 75% off, should I buy Wisp, Hildryn or Nidus? All of them seem super annoying to farm.

Nidus is the worst to farm of the three imho

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Vaults is probably the place where goons is at the highest added value.

My theory on why WF has such better pubs than other games is the lack of consequences and the relatively organic engagement style. Night wave is not that high of consequence but it is much less organic, which is fine for me personally but I think puts some pubs weirdly on edge.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Arsonide posted:

Guess which vault rolls?

Well, at least this confirms my theory that the Derelict actually does have matchmaking enabled, and it's just that nobody plays it normally.

e: or wait, are you talking about making premade groups and you STILL had these problems? jesus

yeah reading the rest of this saga, report the rear end in a top hat, do vault runs by equipping 4 keys yourself, remember that parkour completely ignores sprint speed buffs and debuffs and therefore the Hobbled Dragon Key can only hurt you if you let it

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 3, 2019

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Tulip posted:

My theory on why WF has such better pubs than other games is the lack of consequences and the relatively organic engagement style. Night wave is not that high of consequence but it is much less organic, which is fine for me personally but I think puts some pubs weirdly on edge.

It's not that Nightwave brings out the mysteriously absent assholes, or even that it's less organic. It's that Nightwave gets people to do content that they aren't prepared for and don't normally do, which makes it like a million times more likely that you'll end up in a group where everyone is incapable of carrying. And that's when things go sour.

You'll see a similar effect when DE releases brand-new content, although it's not as strong as the "do this now or miss out" framing of Nightwave.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Oh, why did I build the Angstrum first using my initial set of Argon crystals, rather than the Atomos? Just because the Angstrum looks cool, and is a pocket rocket launcher?

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Id actually say Wisp or Hildryn would be worse than Nidus, simply because they are more mechanically involved. Nidus is just... equip Ignis, run between 3 spots, hit square.

None of them come close to the mind numbing grinds that are Trinity or Mesa, of course

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The nidus quest is the worst part, with its stint in the index, anyway.

The angstrum looks kinda cool and then you use it and it's really cool, or you accudentally kill yourself and realize it's even cooler.

The atomos looks kinda dumb and dorky and then you use it and it kind of feels like cheating.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Neither Wisp or Hildryn are anywhere near as bad as farming Nidus. Nidus's quest and the game mode you have to farm after the quest is already over to get the rest of his pieces are both tedious bullshit.

Wisp and Hildryn are literally the exact same "fight a boss till you have all four parts" mechanic as every old, normal frame except with more enjoyable bosses. Hildryn isn't even heavily gated, you can get taxi'd to her fight. Absolutely do not spend plat on either of them.

e: forgot about Hildryn's blueprint but you're going to want to get Vox Solaris standing eventually anyways

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 3, 2019

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Even the "heat ray" effect looks dorky, it's basically a flamethrower particle effect.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Tulip posted:

IMO the biggest factor by far is that Warframe is not a competitive game and has basically no competitive content where getting really lovely about builds matters (e.g. no raids). So, the only people giving too much of a poo poo are way more in the minority. Also, in Warframe you can contribute without much fuss, leaving little room for people to complain. Compare and contrast to games like Overwatch, which are built on being competitive, and suddenly everyone wants to be King of poo poo Mountain and lecture you on how to play.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Infected salvage ain't so bad, set it to solo, put on a podcast, bring a ignis wraith and collect your neo and axi relics and occasional nidus part.

Harrow was the most soul crushing out of any of them but I heard they buffed the drop rate shortly after I did it so it might not be so bad, I've never spent plat on a basic warframe, vaulted primes? sure, nothing else to do about it, but I ain't paying 250+ plat for a regular frame that I'll collect the parts for from casually strolling through their missions and there is a little bit of satisfaction when you set a farm goal and then complete it.

Trick is to just not burn yourself out on spamming that mission for 5 hours when it won't drop, space it out.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Phobophilia posted:

Even the "heat ray" effect looks dorky, it's basically a flamethrower particle effect.

I color my Atomos and its effects like a watergun. It's perfect for that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I gave up and bought my Ninkondi handles because I’d cracked several dozen N7 mesos with nothing to show for it.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mesadoram posted:

Wisp is actually pretty easy as once you get used to the Ropalolyst fight it goes by real fast and you can pick her up without much issue. The Nidus quest is pretty horrible and you have to do a lot of infested salvage, but that's also something you can do in one sitting and the upside to infested salvage is it's also a good way to get statues as despite the smaller map size it still has the chance to spawn a statue. Hildryn comes at the end of a huge rep grind so if you aren't already level 5 with SU and level 2 with Vox Solaris and don't want to run exploiter orb a bunch she's probably your best bet.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Malah posted:

What's the best sentinel weapon and loadout for Energy Generator?

For reference I use the synth mods + equilibrium for energy generation and in that context the burst laser is the best because it has 0 reload speed and is thus a constant stream of pews, mod for fire rate and puchthrough since you only need to damage as many things as possible.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

And Tyler Too! posted:

This is why I have a strict "never play with pubs" policy.
That's a bit of a goofy overreaction. I've had tons of pleasant or perfectly fine experiences pubbing, and like i said, the grouchy clowns are outliers you can just mute and move on instantly.

There's some stuff where pubbing is a bit more of a gamble (like when solo carrying 3 afkers is kind of a pain), but making it a general rule isn't really justified.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

The quest is annoying but the infested salvage mission for Nidus parts is easy as hell, I don't get why people keep saying this. Glast gambit quest sucks, but it's literally weeks faster than grinding Fortuna reps if they aren't already maxed. Nidus' parts missions just require bringing anything that can AOE tons of infested in a small space. Unless you're running it with Mag and a Gammacor it's not that bad. Hildryn or Baruuk would be way worse if you aren't already max rank Solaris United and rank 2 with both quills and little duck. I think it was easier to farm Nidus than the Toroids for just Garuda.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

If you skip to Hildryn that still leaves all the other content and rewards locked behind VS standing. All it does is get you something now instead of later.

If you skip to Nidus, you'll literally never have to do that grind, ever. And you can watch the relevant/interesting parts of Glast Gambit (which mostly amount to a few cutscenes and a single choice) on YouTube or something.

"Never spend plat on frames" remains the baseline rule and it's a good one. Nidus is a barely kinda-sorta arguable edge case because it's possible that grinding plat to buy him actually saves you time and effort, and it definitely saves you tedium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
It's also a C rotation if I recall and there's no way to speed it up. Even if it's easy it's just tedious and long and at the end of it all you get is nidus.