Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Davros1 posted:

Don't know if it was my TV or not, but when Jeff saw the strawberry gun, it cut to a shot of the house's exterior and Haley shouting "Jeff! Don't!" then silence, but my subtitles read "Jeff! Don't!" "No!" (gunshot).

My audio matched your captions, there was a gunshot and "No!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Francine and Steve get more episodes so the show should be called American The Mom or American Little Glasses Guy.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
the last episode of american dad should be like that one garfield comic where's he's in his abandoned house, except it's roger and he's playacting all of the smith family members long after humanity has died out

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Last... episode?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
well fingers crossed i'll be alive to see the last episode

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

Last... episode?

I'm calling it now. Stan and his work at the CIA is involved.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://twitter.com/AmericanDadTBS/status/1166178007863701504?s=20

:3:

Edit:

and while I'm posting twitter stuff:

https://twitter.com/AmericanDadTBS/status/1158044927923589121?s=20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
There were so many good just one off jokes in this episode. Tuttle reacting to getting his car shoved up an alien's rear end by just singing along to Papa Roach more was for some reason the funniest one to me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Tuttle's deep, repressed anger is coming to the surface more and more lately.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Steve calling Klaus's video "Jank rear end" was great.

Also writing Bitcoin over and over in a word doc is probably a better use of someones time than actually mining bitcoin.

How many episodes until we meet Dr Fartface, and its Roger?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That was a weird loving episode, but a good one.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm crouched down in the shower, so, uh, the farts are kind of slipping out. And, uh, I'm also- *frrt* Sorry. I'm also- *parp* Sorry. I'm also- *frt* Sorry. I'm pretty nervous.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

Don't know if it was my TV or not, but when Jeff saw the strawberry gun, it cut to a shot of the house's exterior and Haley shouting "Jeff! Don't!" then silence, but my subtitles read "Jeff! Don't!" "No!" (gunshot).

Another amazing Jeff moment!

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

twistedmentat posted:

Rogu then dunking on it leading to klaus to go what the hell why you making GBS threads on my video was another great moment for this episode.

Tuttle hammering his steering wheel in defiance to Papa Roach when rogu was shoving it in his rear end still the best moment.

I am saying this every week but man how can they still be so good after this long.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

twistedmentat posted:

But did you hear the comments on his video?!

"I make 200 dollars an hour working from home ..."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
No new episode this week. I guess everyone’s scared of Dorian. <:mad:>

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The_Doctor posted:

No new episode this week. I guess everyone’s scared of Dorian. <:mad:>

I'm fine, I've got

my old college javelin...

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

sexpig by night posted:

I'm fine, I've got

my old college javelin...

"Hurricane!" is one of the best episodes they've ever done.

END OF DAYS BITCHES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmlxEPbwvYs

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked how Francine was not bothered by Steve having tons of stroke mags on his room, but they were all Asian... And pregnant.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, yeah. She's not in here, we should keep moving.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My writing partner (who happens to be my girlfriend) and I entered into this year's Nickelodeon Writing program. They gave us a list of Viacom properties that we could write a spec script for, and we chose American Dad because why wouldn't you. The deadline has passed for them to contact us back which means we can now share this. It's basically fan fiction, BUT since it was turned into Viacom it's official fan fiction!

I figured if anyone would get a kick out of reading it, they might be in this thread!
https://www.scribd.com/document/424167730/American-Dad-Fran-Klaustic-Voyage

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

An Ounce of Gold posted:

My writing partner (who happens to be my girlfriend) and I entered into this year's Nickelodeon Writing program. They gave us a list of Viacom properties that we could write a spec script for, and we chose American Dad because why wouldn't you. The deadline has passed for them to contact us back which means we can now share this. It's basically fan fiction, BUT since it was turned into Viacom it's official fan fiction!

I figured if anyone would get a kick out of reading it, they might be in this thread!

There are some good jokes and interesting ideas here, but can I offer some constructive criticism? I think you put in too much vore, next time tone down the vore by at least 50%.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So don't change the name of the episode to Fantastic Vorage then?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

An Ounce of Gold posted:

So don't change the name of the episode to Fantastic Vorage then?

Indeed, in fact you may want to avoid vore entirely the next time you submit a spec script to a company that does primarily children's programming. Although I do admire your pun work, that is some top notch stuff.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Of course, nobody in American Dad has eaten or swallowed each other

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Brawnfire posted:

Of course, nobody in American Dad has eaten or swallowed each other

To be clear: the maybe no vore thing refers ONLY to American Dad spec scripts sent in to children's networks.

Feel free to include as much vore as you want in American Dad spec scripts sent to all other networks, and also in scripts you mail to the show directly.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Also avoid any instances of inflation, close-ups of feet or scenes where people get ripped really fast as this may cause undue partialism in a budding child's mind. Paraphilias are a sin, it's in the bible people. *holds up DnD Monster Manual*

So um, someone ITT said tonight's episode was not airing due to Dorian but AFAIK it's still airing?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Also avoid any instances of inflation, close-ups of feet or scenes where people get ripped really fast as this may cause undue partialism in a budding child's mind. Paraphilias are a sin, it's in the bible people. *holds up DnD Monster Manual*

So um, someone ITT said tonight's episode was not airing due to Dorian but AFAIK it's still airing?

The Dish program guide says it's "Fantasy Baseball".

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Well, it might have something to do with today being a holiday in America more than the hurricane.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, neither American Dad nor Final Space are new tonight due to it being Labor Day.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

To be clear: the maybe no vore thing refers ONLY to American Dad spec scripts sent in to children's networks.

Feel free to include as much vore as you want in American Dad spec scripts sent to all other networks, and also in scripts you mail to the show directly.

Also just to be clear, you aren't supposed to make a spec script for American Dad as if it was on Nickelodeon. They just give you a list of Viacom properties. You have to write the script as if Viacom would actually make it for that show. Almost none of them were shows that are on Nickelodeon. The job placement was just for them. They wanted to see how well you craft a story and not how family friendly you can be. By putting American Dad on that list they were welcoming non-family friendly scripts and by god I gave them one!

Also, it's not that bad even by American Dad stuff. Also also I had no idea what vore was until I googled it after you brought it up! Everything is weird!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I just googled vore as well.

So your American Dad script has someone that WANTS to be eaten by some other creature!? What is your script even about!?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Also, it's not that bad even by American Dad stuff. Also also I had no idea what vore was until I googled it after you brought it up! Everything is weird!

Oh, I know, I was joking.

Sorry, I've just spent too much time on the internet and now and think anything even vaguely vore related is funny.

Also, additionally sorry you now know what vore is because of me.

Vietnamwees posted:

So your American Dad script has someone that WANTS to be eaten by some other creature!? What is your script even about!?

Nah, it's a fantastic voyage type script. It's pretty funny, you should read it.

Let's stop talking about vore now I regret that I started this.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh, I know, I was joking....

Nah, it's a fantastic voyage type script. It's pretty funny, you should read it.

Let's stop talking about vore now I regret that I started this.

Phew! I figured you were joking but since you doubled down on it I thought, "I should just make sure."

The plot actually started out as an Inception meets Inner Space idea, but we had two problems. 1. We had trouble coming up with ways that people would keep getting shot into each other (like Dennis Quaid accidently being put into Martin Short). Each time someone was going to get shot into another person we would have time dilation. It was just too much. And 2. Once we put someone into Roger we realized that was the meat. It was the most fun part of the episode. So during rewrite 1 we completely changed it to more of a Fantastic Voyage idea.

Thanks for reading through it. We had fun writing it and we are going to enter it into a few spec script writing competitions and see how things go.

Vietnamwees posted:

It's an accidental (the only part held over from Inner Space) fantastic voyage where we find out where Roger's personas are born. Assuming your browser is like my uncle's car that didn't have reverse back in 88, here's the link again:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Vore is just one of the many, many things that makes Francine go wild (bottom 3 lines):

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Francine is... kinda a freak.

Like more so than the average goon by a sizable margin

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Nep-Nep posted:

Vore is just one of the many, many things that makes Francine go wild (bottom 3 lines):

I like that Jeff needed the reference card to determine if "kissing on the mouth" was an acceptable thing for Fran to be doing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

No new episode again this week because :confused:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I don't know what they are doing, schedule for the 16th also lacks a new episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

God drat it!!! I'm gonna go bananas!