Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Hizawk posted:

The offense barely has any room for injuries, and is a bevell offense, so basically all everyone needs to learn is how to block for the run play that's going to be called on first and second down.
Come on over to the NFC West thread, we have some leftover FIRE BEVELL posts you can have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1168146489505275905

Will never forget. poo poo was wild. Had certain I was getting trolled by a fake account.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I think the team has enough talent to succeed, so it's really going to come down to Patricia being a garbage rear end coach dragging down the team. He will lead the lions to 7-9 (Caldwell would've gotten 9-7, a wild card slot, and a wild card loss), get another year, go 5-11, and get fired along with Quinn. His replacement will be a safe retread who goes 9-7 and picks up a wild card slot, loses, and then will never do that good well again as Stafford declines and retires. Martha Ford will then die, the team will be relocated to San Antonio, and the entire city of Detroit will sink into the river.

God is Good.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

R.D. Mangles posted:

i can't believe i have to root against Wildcats North

A whopping four players from Northwestern!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

A whopping four players from Northwestern!

hey that's like 95% of the northwestern players who actually play downs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i will never forgive the packers for starting Noah Herron against the bears

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

R.D. Mangles posted:

hey that's like 95% of the northwestern players who actually play downs

No, you misunderstand, I'm surprised at how many NU players are on the team, tied with Mississippi State. Every other school has at most 2 players.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

No, you misunderstand, I'm surprised at how many NU players are on the team, tied with Mississippi State. Every other school has at most 2 players.

mark murphy was northwestern's AD before he took the packers job

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexo posted:

Will never forget. poo poo was wild. Had certain I was getting trolled by a fake account.

Why couldn't you have just been in the loving limo, Khalil

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

He deserves better than Detroit. We all do.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/PioneerPress/status/1168238604818235397?s=19

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1168204133914095617?s=20

I hate those caricatures so much

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

I'm so goddamn sick of Peyton Manning.

e: Just remembered that Peyton shitpumped the Bears in the super bowl lol. That's a jynx if I've ever seen one.

Pops Mgee fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 2, 2019

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pops Mgee posted:

e: Just remembered that Peyton shitpumped the Bears in the super bowl lol. That's a jynx if I've ever seen one.

the only quarterback that "shitpumped" the bears in that super bowl was rex grossman you dingus

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Pops Mgee posted:

And in the other Super Bowl he won, he shilled for Budweiser.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dexo posted:

I remember feeling like an insane homer for thinking the Bears should have been in the mix for Mack before the trade and then being very happy with the price they paid to get him. One of the few times in my life that optimism about a sports team ended up being justified

Just went back and checked the TFF thread when the news broke and soooo many people were calling it a lose/lose deal. Someone even laughed at the Bears because Mack wouldn't know the playbook for the season opener :lol:

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

xbilkis posted:

I remember feeling like an insane homer for thinking the Bears should have been in the mix for Mack before the trade and then being very happy with the price they paid to get him. One of the few times in my life that optimism about a sports team ended up being justified

Just went back and checked the TFF thread when the news broke and soooo many people were calling it a lose/lose deal. Someone even laughed at the Bears because Mack wouldn't know the playbook for the season opener :lol:

I was ecstatic. I immediately ran up to my packer buddy to give hime the news. The shoulder drop was worth it alone. Playbook? Defense? Those are guidelines at best. Just wreck havoc.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Honestly he became less effective once he knew the Playbook

My one complaint with Fangio was he would drop Mack into coverage waaaay too loving often

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

Honestly he became less effective once he knew the Playbook

My one complaint with Fangio was he would drop Mack into coverage waaaay too loving often

Yeah they straight up lost a few games pulling that poo poo. I want to say dolphins and giants games both had instances where both edge rushers were standing in zone coverage in the flat and the qb threw for an easy td

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

And in the other Super Bowl his defense won, he shilled for Budweiser.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Ironically a worn out Peyton Manning who could only throw ducks at that point rode the best defense in the league to a Super Bowl win, while the 2018 Bears won the same number of playoff games as the last place Lions. :sad:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1168543958961741826

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwUoi4NCL1I

Looks like we're probably cutting James Crawford to make room for this guy, who will hold down the spot next to pussyfucker69 until Burks is healthy.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

xbilkis posted:

I remember a lot of people saying the Bears wouldn't make the playoffs with Mack because they spent too much draft capital.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The reason is obvious, tanking.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

pussyfucker69

did not realize martinez had that kind of reputation lol noice

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

good story on Davante Adams http://www.nfl.com/labs/sidelines/davante-adams/davante-adams.html

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I was saying that I thought the bears were a pretty solid team and with Mack they would take a big step forward. I had no idea that the rest of the nfc north would fall apart so badly like they did, but I remember looking at the bears roster and thinking 'what else do they need now? Not much'

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
A quarterback

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Wide receivers

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Running back

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Kicker

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

gotta have a fullback

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Hope

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

A coach who doesn't spend his nights building rudimentary goalposts out of trash, begging every stranger he sees to attempt a kick from 43 yards away in a fit of cry-laughter

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Me.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Hand Row posted:

A quarterback

well, yeah

is there a scheme change betweeen Fangio and Pagano? I wonder what's up with that

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Same general scheme. Pagano has been historically more aggressive than Fangio, so my guess is they are going to give up a ton more big plays.

Aaron Rodgers bullshit is going to feast I bet.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

Same general scheme. Pagano has been historically more aggressive than Fangio, so my guess is they are going to give up a ton more big plays.

Aaron Rodgers bullshit is going to feast I bet.

There's gonna be like 3-4 Rodgers bombs where Mack and Hicks are tackled by offensive linemen and hhcd wanders around lost while some 5th round wr waltzes into the end zone

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1168945529600057344

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

You could just say yes?

Yes you loving idiots he can, the hope is that he will never be in a position to constantly feel the need to do so.

Football coaches are so loving dumb. And bring this poo poo on themselves.