Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

:cries in spiderman:

I am intrigued by the walled garden of games they're taking. Add in MS Cloud and they might have a market. I have yet too see any of the first party innovation of Sony/Nintendo though. Every original IP is cancelled or turns out to be a warmed over turd (Crackdown 3).

Oh right because Sony's revolving door of 3rd person adventure exclusives are so innovative. :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fanatic posted:

Oh right because Sony's revolving door of 3rd person adventure exclusives are so innovative. :thunk:

Vs screamride and lococycle

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Fanatic posted:

You're right, thank goodness I have the 5th iterations of Gears of War and Halo and years old steam indie games finally jumping to console to keep me company while everyone plays those pedestrian, dull, critically acclaimed Sony first party games.

Sea of Thieves was a stab in the right direction at least. But aside from that I'm out of reasons to be optimistic about an XboxTwone over a PS5.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

You're right, thank goodness I have the 5th iterations of Gears of War and Halo and years old steam indie games finally jumping to console to keep me company while everyone plays those pedestrian, dull, critically acclaimed Sony first party games.

Sea of Thieves was a stab in the right direction at least. But aside from that I'm out of reasons to be optimistic about an XboxTwone over a PS5.

Keep going, I'm almost there

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fanatic posted:

They don't need to be innovative. It helps that they're great games while MS exclusives have been kinda underwhelming. I mean, compare Bloodborne, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy, Spider-Man... I'm glad that Microsoft put game pass and backwards compatibility because otherwise one could think that they don't want to sell consoles.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guillermus posted:

they don't want to sell consoles.

Pc day and date for all 1st party was the announcement of this

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Does anyone have a link to that ancient thread making fun of the Xbone's launch?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Max Coveri posted:

Does anyone have a link to that ancient thread making fun of the Xbone's launch?

There were like 7 threads in a series and the last ones in byob. Check the OP for links to old threads

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Whatever happened to the very annoying gimmick poster Xbox Ambassador, who would furiously defend the Xbox at every post.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

No longer needed, I guess? :shobon:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only reason to find that thread is for the proof I predicted the Xbox One's bafflingly stupid name.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Please find the giant letter that one poster wrote to their extended family telling them not to buy an Xbox One.

I tried to find it but there's like a billion posts to sort through.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Sep 2, 2019

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The ambassador has been recalled.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Please find the giant letter that one poster wrote to their extended family telling them not to buy an Xbox One.

I tried to find it but there's like a billion posts to sort through.

Its univbee

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Blind Rasputin posted:

Whatever happened to the very annoying gimmick poster Xbox Ambassador, who would furiously defend the Xbox at every post.

Video games got tired of his gimmick, he's been told to not post in Games anymore.

Edit:

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Lol yeah. Honestly probably have his family and all relatives sterilized via chemical castrations too just to prevent any of the DNA that made
A brain so broken like that from happening again.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Also this kind of posting.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Sep 2, 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fanatic posted:

They're all good OP and as someone with no skin in the console wars (I gottem all baby), the XBOX is a great machine for backwards compatibility and old poo poo but its first party games suck absolute balls compared to PS4

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Real hurthling! posted:

There were like 7 threads in a series and the last ones in byob. Check the OP for links to old threads

You should check the OP there’s nothing there so...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zenintrude posted:

You should check the OP there’s nothing there so...

Oh then just ask univbee.
I'll @ him on discord for ya

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

He was told by the admins not to post in the xbox thread anymore because he kept telling other posters to kill themselves.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They're all good OP and as someone with no skin in the console wars (I gottem all baby), the XBOX is a great machine for backwards compatibility and old poo poo but its first party games suck absolute balls compared to PS4

But have you seen the water in Sea of Thieves? :discourse:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fanatic posted:

But have you seen the water in Sea of Thieves? :discourse:

Online gaming :whitewater:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

:cries in spiderman:

I am intrigued by the walled garden of games they're taking. Add in MS Cloud and they might have a market. I have yet too see any of the first party innovation of Sony/Nintendo though. Every original IP is cancelled or turns out to be a warmed over turd (Crackdown 3).

But the budget PC direction they're moving I think will work out well for them.

https://twitter.com/tenses1n1ster_2/status/1168419044434894848?s=21

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

soaking a paper in the sink but still getting the room wet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Haha

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
My friend is gay and she has a PS4. I'm straight and I have an xbone. That's just how it goes.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I thought Gears 5 was supposed to unlock early for game pass. Seems to not be the case or is it because I didn't pre-order ultimate edition or some such bs?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The early time is September 5th at 9pm eastern. The 10th is the other date that is basically irrelevant to everyone.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
lmao ok, I thought sep 5 was the release date. I mean, I guess it is de facto.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The early time is September 5th at 9pm eastern. The 10th is the other date that is basically irrelevant to everyone.

Bummer! I was hoping it would go live tonight at 9pm pacific/midnight eastern.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Does Xbox finally get an emotionally driven 3rd person semi open world walking sim now too!? Suck it PS4 nerds!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just resubbed to game pas for a bit and this service is almost like, too good? It’s giving me backlog anxiety lol.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Game pass is extremely good. I basically haven't bought any games for Xbox all year. But since I've started using game pass last year, I've played sea of thieves, forza horizon 4, crackdown 3,and state of decay 2 plus countless indie games and tried other ones like metro and all I've spent is $60 (first year at half off) and my game pass is going until 2022 because of that conversion.

I'm buying games on ps4/switch tho

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I think the only full game in going to buy this year on release is Borderlands 3. Otherwise everything else I've been playing is on game pass out free to play.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

You guys missing out by sleeping on Control

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

It's only been out a week that's not much sleeping on.

I'm honestly waiting for it to go on sale.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Haha wow. As far as Dark Souls rip-offs go Ashen might be the most shameless I’ve tried yet.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

zenintrude posted:

You guys missing out by sleeping on Control

I have way too much to play right now and game pass basically makes Control a Black Friday purchase.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Control is dece but theres issues imo that hold it back from being a must play. Having beaten it i'd give it a 8 or a 7 depending on what part i happen to be thinking about at any given moment

Also reviews saying gears is decent too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Real hurthling! posted:

Control is dece but theres issues imo that hold it back from being a must play. Having beaten it i'd give it a 8 or a 7 depending on what part i happen to be thinking about at any given moment

Also reviews saying gears is decent too

Running like hot garbage on most people's consoles isn't great