Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ratjaculation posted:

So what does a minority government mean? Does he need a GE now?

Minority government just means that he can't pass anything solely on the basis of his own party's support. He needs another party to vote for it as well. Technically he was already in this position because his majority depended on the DUP, but now he doesn't even have that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Funny how many people think that Liberal means 'let people do what they want' rather than 'let business do what it wants'

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The_Doctor posted:

Ken Clarke just shook him badly.

Did you see the glee on May's face sitting beside him?
loving brilliant.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

happyhippy posted:

Holy gently caress, hes just started stammering trying to smear Corbyn!
Not responding to any of what Corbyn said, just attacking him.
Total loving shook.

I lost the stream again, drat it, so I'm just going to enjoy this vicariously for now

Which I am

Immensely

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

The_Doctor posted:

Ken Clarke just shook him badly.
He's melting down and I love it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the snp leader (im assuming frmo his tie and accent) has a good accent

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I'm very much looking forward to back bench MP Theresa May voting against the government and getting booted out of the conservatives.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

bump_fn posted:

the snp leader (im assuming frmo his tie and accent) has a good accent

One of the best accents

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Is it going to be a continuous rotation, or do we expect Darwinian action to prune out the betas to form a stable elite cadre of political jokemen and jokewomen?

Intention is to keep it rotating with whoever wants to be involved, but some natural thinning may occur if people decide it isn't for them.

Barry Foster posted:

I can't remember, is anything happening to punish her for literally siding with the tories over her own party over and over and over and over again?

acast pls

:negative: okayyyyyyyyyyyyy

notaspy posted:

I've listened to the podcast and liked it.

Especially that it wasn't a buncha southern wankers talking about wonky poo poo, however can I be demanding and ask some our female posters to get involved so it doesn't become another sausagefest podcast.

Absolutely, making sure we do have a diverse cast from this diverse community is v important to us, and this came up during the planning meetings :)

Rarity has already expressed interest in joining in after we're a few episodes in, and isn't the only one interested, I'd encourage anyone who wants to join in to do so!

This is the UKMT Podcast, and it should reflect the UKMT as much as it can.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That Italian Guy posted:

I'm about to get on a plane at the worst loving moment.

Dunno about that, probably the worst time to get on a plane is just before it crashes.

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

One of the best accents

Blackford? Naw. Edinbuggers sound like twats. Only good east coat accent is Aberdonian. SNP MP with the best accent is Angus MacNeil from the Western Isles.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The Tory MP defecting to the Lib Dems doesn't make it even in Parliament, it puts the Tory/DUP alliance into a minority government of -1.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
I feel like this tells you how sincere they were about kicking people out of the party when someone takes him up on it early and ABdP Johnson just straight melts down.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

forkboy84 posted:

Dunno about that, probably the worst time to get on a plane is just before it crashes.

I dunno, can't be that bad a crash if you've just got on.

forkboy84 posted:

Blackford? Naw. Edinbuggers sound like twats. Only good east coat accent is Aberdonian. SNP MP with the best accent is Angus MacNeil from the Western Isles.

There is no good East Coast accent, it's a myth.

e: Sorry Coohoolie

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Flayer posted:

The Tory MP defecting to the Lib Dems doesn't make it even in Parliament, it puts the Tory/DUP alliance into a minority government of -1.

But Hoey and some of the others will vote with the government

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Flayer posted:

Ahahahaha :cawg:

I'm almost finding myself liking the Lib Dems, for now!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

feedmegin posted:

Ahahahaha :cawg:

The lib dems are only useful for splitting the tory vote in the event of a GE

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This is really ruddy brilliant. Even by the low expectations I have for the dishonest Liberals, good loving Christ, letting someone like that in is shocking. TinTower, come out of your hideyhole to try to dismiss this absolute loving shambles.

Flayer posted:

Only technically, because there's at least 1, maybe 2 Tory MPs who lost the whip but would still vote with the Tories because they are cunts.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Back again

Every other word Johnson's saying is hopelessly stammered
I know that's his shtick, but this is pretty crazy

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sanitary Naptime posted:

There is no good East Coast accent, it's a myth.

Someone from Keith talking about bonnie quines will never not be awesome to me.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

feedmegin posted:

:getout:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

forkboy84 posted:

This is really ruddy brilliant. Even by the low expectations I have for the dishonest Liberals, good loving Christ, letting someone like that in is shocking. TinTower, come out of your hideyhole to try to dismiss this absolute loving shambles.

Only technically, because there's at least 1, maybe 2 Tory MPs who lost the whip but would still vote with the Tories because they are cunts.

I'd hold off on ripping into the lib dems until things settle down a bit TBH.

Okay, not that what's said in the thread matters, but in general.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Private Speech posted:

Why tho?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Tsaedje posted:

But Hoey and some of the others will vote with the government
Yeah there are plenty of MPs are can't be relied upon to vote with the bloc they are nominally part of but it's none the less a significant event.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
BJ looks so broken every time he sits down.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Goddamn Boris is so loving bad at this. How did anyone ever think that this loving bumbling act would actually work?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

forkboy84 posted:

Apparently the chair of LD LGBT+ has resigned in protest :lol:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Junior G-man posted:

Goddamn Boris is so loving bad at this. How did anyone ever think that this loving bumbling act would actually work?
It's not an act, the man is in fact a loving shambles

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
So what does this mean beyond the schadenfreude?
Do we have an election because they are minority or what?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

No, but it just got a little more likely, and things are on a knife edge as they are.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Igotadigbick posted:

Means nothing without a vote for one, you can govern in a minority.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

They split the Tory vote more than the Labour one, and spite is a powerful motive (which, uhh, can be seen on what's Labour done in 2015 campaigning against them in LibCon marginals).

e: I'm not talking about not bringing up them betraying their ideals wrt Brexit or otherwise where the pressure would have positive results in pushing their policy towards good ends.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 3, 2019

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Igotadigbick posted:

No. You need to pass a Vote of No Confidence by 2/3rd majority first and then another bunch of poo poo has to happen. Some of which isn't really real, but a gentlemen's agreement sealed by handshake in the late 19th century.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

sebzilla posted:

Apparently the chair of LD LGBT+ has resigned in protest :lol:

any source on this?

lol if true

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Igotadigbick posted:

No. The Tories and DUP probably wouldn't have been able to form a government with the current numbers but since they are already in one it won't get taken down unless they actually lose a vonc.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Seeing as ya'll over the see in the "Greenwich Time" are the immediate predecessors to all chaos that then happens to us Yanks, can't wait to see how we can upstage all ya'll in 2020.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

BoJo is throwing a tantrum and sulking every time someone asks him to confirm he will follow the rule of law.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
‘Responding to the DUP’s Nigel Dodds, Johnson says he believes they can get rid of the backstop. “How?” MPs shout. Johnson says the shouting shows MPs do not want to get rid of it.’

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Private Speech posted:

Nah, gently caress that, this is a loving homophobe. Total regressive. I don't expect liberals to care about poor people, but LGBTQ+?

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 3, 2019

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

RottenK posted:

any source on this?

lol if true

https://twitter.com/miss_s_b/status/1168904578370342914

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

LMAO some Tory fatty is now asking about the Vienna Convention in regards to getting out of the EU.

Jesus Christ.