Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/beka_hbee/status/1168377257297154048?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Who What Now posted:

People should start doing it again.
It wouldn't be hard to do it once or twice a day.
And if you think we can't
We'll always find a way

I watched part of that marathon including the movie and I'm pretty sure that song will drive me to insanity.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Captain Monkey posted:

At this point, the people who feel the need to let us know how much they're ~*above*~ silly comic book movies are worse than the people who like them.

Except they aren't silly, they're all culturally significant works of art that deserve the utmost respect from the audience. Every single one of them.

https://twitter.com/CIAGoFundMe/status/1168702796281122817?s=19

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

MizPiz posted:

Except they aren't silly, they're all culturally significant works of art that deserve the utmost respect from the audience. Every single one of them.

both types are idiots.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Captain Monkey posted:

At this point, the people who feel the need to let us know how much they're ~*above*~ silly comic book movies are worse than the people who like them.

I like silly sci-fi poo poo, but I'm tired of seeing the same tired characters and storylines released and re-released in a yearly blockbuster event where they then utterly dominate internet discourse. I don't have to watch them, but I do have to put up with seeing people talk about them, analyze them, pick them apart, buy the merchandise, rant and rave about how much they love/hate them. It's inescapable.

Can we do some new stuff instead? Can we kill Disney and force it to break up into countless harmless companies so that other properties may rise and join the media? Can we do the same with Fox and Warner Bros.? How many fun, imaginative new movies with new stories to tell didn't get made because we have to film Avengers: Infinity Franchise? How many thoughtful, meaningful movies got shelved because people wanted to see an old Joaquin Phoenix put on clown makeup and pretend to be a dead horse that has been kicked so thoroughly it's been reduced to a souplike homogenate?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Disney isn’t the reason you aren’t watching different movies you just aren’t looking for them. You can get mad at disney for its monopoly on popular culture, but breaking it up wouldn’t suddenly make popular culture cater to your specific tastes

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

I like silly sci-fi poo poo, but I'm tired of seeing the same tired characters and storylines released and re-released in a yearly blockbuster event where they then utterly dominate internet discourse. I don't have to watch them, but I do have to put up with seeing people talk about them, analyze them, pick them apart, buy the merchandise, rant and rave about how much they love/hate them. It's inescapable.

Can we do some new stuff instead? Can we kill Disney and force it to break up into countless harmless companies so that other properties may rise and join the media? Can we do the same with Fox and Warner Bros.? How many fun, imaginative new movies with new stories to tell didn't get made because we have to film Avengers: Infinity Franchise? How many thoughtful, meaningful movies got shelved because people wanted to see an old Joaquin Phoenix put on clown makeup and pretend to be a dead horse that has been kicked so thoroughly it's been reduced to a souplike homogenate?

ok

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Disney isn’t the reason you aren’t watching different movies you just aren’t looking for them. You can get mad at disney for its monopoly on popular culture, but breaking it up wouldn’t suddenly make popular culture cater to your specific tastes

are you seriously going to bat for the biggest media conglomerate in the loving world

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Screaming Idiot posted:

are you seriously going to bat for the biggest media conglomerate in the loving world

I’m actually making fun of your kind of dumb and infantile arguments.

Breaking up Disney would be a good thing, but it won’t make the movies that make you mad go away or really have any effect on that front at all.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
If Disney wasn't pumping infinite money into safe interconnected superhero franchises, we'd definitely see less of 'em. Even if a dozen other studios started cranking out caped blockbusters, we'd see a greater variation in theme and tone.

I even like cape films, but we're definitely oversaturated.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m actually making fun of your kind of dumb and infantile arguments.

Breaking up Disney would be a good thing, but it won’t make the movies that make you mad go away or really have any effect on that front at all.

i'm sorry i insulted your superhero movies

would you like me to buy you a funkopop as an apology? i could get you the walmart-exclusive translucent thanos

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Screaming Idiot posted:

would you like me to buy you a funkopop as an apology? i could get you the walmart-exclusive translucent thanos

its great when everything that identifies a poster also sums up all the posters posts

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Squidster posted:

I even like cape films, but we're definitely oversaturated.

I used to like them too, but there's no satisfying climax, no end in sight, just endless narratives designed to advertise for the next movie and its associated media spinoffs and tie-ins and reboots and re-imaginings and alternate universes and sequels and prequels and animated adaptations and manga adaptations and toys and merchandise. Same thing with Star Wars, which, coincidentally, is also a Disney property.

Can't things just end anymore? Does everything have to be milked for all eternity?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Screaming Idiot posted:

I used to like them too, but there's no satisfying climax, no end in sight, just endless narratives designed to advertise for the next movie and its associated media spinoffs and tie-ins and reboots and re-imaginings and alternate universes and sequels and prequels and animated adaptations and manga adaptations and toys and merchandise. Same thing with Star Wars, which, coincidentally, is also a Disney property.

Can't things just end anymore? Does everything have to be milked for all eternity?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/844778461264732161

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Screaming Idiot posted:

Have you ever posted something that wasn't insufferable garbage, serious question. Have you just considered not posting? It costs nothing.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

SI, let people like things.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

https://twitter.com/Marissa_Tee_/status/1007442437009272837?s=19

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's a fuckin keeper

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/meetbaii/status/1168334695274143744?s=21

https://twitter.com/devonesawa/status/1168340383840927744?s=21

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/gabbiboyd/status/1168334385374011393?s=21

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

This is legit the funniest thing I've seen on twitter in a while.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/brendansagalow/status/1168295454620180481?s=21

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

Lol I haven’t seen a superhero movie in a minute. I just don’t care about them anymore

Nice meltdown though

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/WardKeith9/status/1168878989676556288

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/bunnyh00d/status/1168497771806150656?s=21

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Idgi.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Brett Stephens, the author of that article, is a conservative NYT columnist who has been melting down for more than a week about some random professor calling him a bedbug in a tweet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You need to be more on-line sir
(Article)

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What's not to get? Bretbug Stevens is a bedbug.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Roblo posted:

What's not to get? Bretbug Stevens is a bedbug.

I'm emailing your provost as we speak

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Bret Stephens is a bedbug

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I'm picking up British, Southern, Chicago, and just a hint of French, all the of them done terribly.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

For a bedbug, Bret Stephens sure is thin skinned and easy to crush

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

MizPiz posted:

I'm picking up British, Southern, Chicago, and just a hint of French, all the of them done terribly.

Done by an Australian who's never left the country from the sound of it

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Screaming Idiot posted:

I do have to put up with seeing people talk about them, analyze them, pick them apart, buy the merchandise, rant and rave about how much they love/hate them. It's inescapable.
No it isn't. I don't see any of that stuff. Just don't watch/read things that don't interest you. It's really easy.

The girl's accent was surprising and confusing in equal measure, but the real shock was when the woman turned out to be Dr Girlfriend.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/queer_kara/status/1168547043209596928?s=21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/AGlasgowGirl/status/1168846835982749697?s=19

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Dad just had a craving and puppet-mastered his way into the best lambchop meal he's ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Screaming Idiot posted:

i love how you're completely talking past them, being this obstinate towards someone really does take a special kind of person!