Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao https://twitter.com/Brexit/status/1168902021421981698

Guavanaut posted:

Every morning I wake up and open palm slam six rounds into the cylinder. It's a British made Webley Mk VI Top-Break Revolver and right then and there I survive because the loving thing breaks.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

notaspy posted:

I know we are all excited at Boris making GBS threads the bed but if there was a GE he can still campaign on people v parliament and with what rhe EU just said he still has "i need a majority to force their hand".

And nothing that happens in parliament matters anymore, it's all about the bbc news, the papers, and twitter in that order.

The problem is that the more eyes on him that Boris has in an unfriendly environment (which means any environment that is not a settee in a TV studio) the worse he looks. Strength seems like the thing that every single Tory and Right wing person worships at the altar of, and Boris looks loving weak all the time.

It really is if a right wing news commentator became PM, because the only environment he can survive in is one where every agrees with him and laughs at his jokes.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I have never, in all my years, seen a speech from a Prime minister fall to pieces as quickly, and as shockingly as that one. His speech last night was awful, this was worse. He didnt even seem to have the half hearted support from the whips on the benches, just dead loving silence as he got roasted over and over and over again.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

kustomkarkommando posted:

Of course that doesn't mean the SNP won't continue to abstain on English and Welsh only bills as it's as much party position now

SNP have shown they're flexible on this and have voted on purely English matters.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Polls don't mean anything anymore so it's anyone's game. Only way to find out is a GE

I hugely doubt the "fair coverage" in elections will be followed this time though. They'll just monster Jeremy the whole time and eat the *checks notes* zero consequences.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Lol, Peston’s mind has finally broken fully after today’s performance
https://mobile.twitter.com/Peston/status/1168933604644315136

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Polls don't mean anything anymore so it's anyone's game. Only way to find out is a GE

I hugely doubt the "fair coverage" in elections will be followed this time though. They'll just monster Jeremy the whole time and eat the *checks notes* zero consequences.

I don't think they'll monster him. They'll just encourage the next Thomas Mair.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Jedit posted:

I don't think they'll monster him. They'll just encourage the next Thomas Mair.

Every paper right of the guardian has been screaming at the Thomas mairs of the UK to kill him for at least 2 years now.

There's been what, 2 attempts on his life now?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Aramoro posted:

SNP have shown they're flexible on this and have voted on purely English matters.

I'm sure they will vote on big ticket bills that draw media but on smaller more run of the mill matters I'm not sure they will shift much - especially without some significant sweetners.

Like anything which doesn't effect Barnett consequentials etc

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

There was chat of anti-fascist metal bands a few days ago, I posted BOLT THROWER because that is always the correct response:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Sanitary Naptime posted:

tbh it would be a good tactic to repeal EVEL, and then challenge them on not wanting to deliver left wing policies if any of them fail.

I'm not sure "ah ha you'll only vote when it suits Scotland!" will necessarily harm their voting base of Scottish people unopposed to independence

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/brendanjharkin/...ingawful.com%2F

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
loving :laffo: that the Yellow Tories have obviously welcomed this oval office with open loving arms

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Reading that quote in a thick Belfast accent and chuckling

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1168938164314132481

holy loly

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Rory Stewart just said he’s voting against No Deal

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
As much as I like a good stew (and I don't actually) perhaps saving the loving country from the cliff we are very rapidly approaching might be a wise idea.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I really hope that we get a "No-deal is no longer possible" act through and can then go to the polls and bear witness as Johnson does what every other Tory has tried to do, which is win when you don't have the media in your corner all the time.

So used to playing on easy mode that you think you can handle anything.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

kustomkarkommando posted:

I'm not sure "ah ha you'll only vote when it suits Scotland!" will necessarily harm their voting base of Scottish people unopposed to independence

It will when the people are only voting for them because "that's where the scottish left are". Exposing nationalism as exclusionary is not a bad thing for the left.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Nicholas Soames is joining the rebels as well

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Chuka Umana posted:

Nicholas Soames is joining the rebels as well
https://mobile.twitter.com/NSoames/status/1168939419161780224
Great and appropriate use of hashtag!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

How many does that come to then?

I want to see Boris deselect the majority of his minority.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Yeah there's really nothing compelling the BBC to stick to their own rules - I highly doubt they'd have even tried to give him a fair showing in 2017 if they hadn't been confident he was going to lose in a landslide like all the polls showed

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Doesn't rule out a VONC for maximum chaos

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

holy gently caress lmao what a oval office

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Never knew I wanted to see Clive Lewis do an Admiral Ackbar impression until I saw it on Look East just now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Peter Bone trying a dumb procedural trick to stop the action.

Fails obviously because Peter Bone is a moron

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

HJB posted:

Never knew I wanted to see Clive Lewis do an Admiral Ackbar impression until I saw it on Look East just now.

I need to see this

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

:hellyeah:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is there a vote tonight

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This is why I tune into Parliament Live TV, to hear someone talk about the Pearly Way

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1168781395117957122?s=21

That's the Daily Telegraph's Europe editor, who also broke the story about Cummings saying the government's EU negotiations are a sham (which Boris apparently bitched out the editorial office for running). It's a sad state of affairs when your own client newspaper is clowning on you.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I reckon this will cause meltdowns

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/1168900817371455489?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

bump_fn posted:

is there a vote tonight

Yes, the debate probably starts just before 7 and the vote probably won't be until between 9 & 10. So basically come back in 3 hours to find out the result, unless you're a moron like me who has Parliament on in the background while about to play Hearts of Iron

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

bump_fn posted:

is there a vote tonight

Probably around half 9

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Bit late for that Clarkson you fuckwit

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
is this philp guy filibustering. philperbustering

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1168898509841555456?s=19

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Thank gently caress that guy stopped talking about trees

Who has time for environmental bills when we're discussing important things like imposing sanctions on ourself to own the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Nuclear Spoon posted:

is this philp guy filibustering. philperbustering

It was already planned in before the emergency debate. It be over soon.