Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

the whips are the guys who go around telling everyone to vote to kill the public otherwise theyll leak all the nonce videos

e usually the tories dont require telling though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Zoran posted:

the Westminster system usually has stronger party discipline because they use literal whips to keep the MPs in line. MPs are so thoroughly conditioned that they beg to be whipped, and refusing to whip them is equivalent to kicking them out of the party

jeremy corbyn often defied the whip, and was generally considered a reclusive oddball

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ATP_Power posted:

The Mothership Connection gonna be how the English will smuggle in life saving medication after hard Brexit.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hexyflexy posted:

They're firing them from the party.

hopefully from a cannon and into the sun

Zoran posted:

the Westminster system usually has stronger party discipline because they use literal whips to keep the MPs in line. MPs are so thoroughly conditioned that they beg to be whipped, and refusing to whip them is equivalent to kicking them out of the party

that's quite the S&M conditioning :heysexy:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Randler posted:

I do not think it would be in the interest of the EU to welcome a country that illegally occupies territory of two Member States. Unless the UK makes reparations for Ireland and Gibraltar, no Brentry negotiations should be undertaken. :colbert:

Three EU member states.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Grape posted:

Three EU member states.

The Danelaw doesn’t count.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Sounds like he is planning on seizing their government issued vehicles

:golfclap:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Randler posted:

Can't be a such a good Catholic if he bends the knee to a Protestant queen.

(Like, is he even Roman Catholic or is he some kind of Mel Gibson spliter thing that just labels itself Catholic?)

I feel like if someone is just that WASPy and stiff, they can never be Catholic, not really.
Same deal for Mike Pence and Rick Santorum.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

How common is this take in the UK?

https://twitter.com/Aiannucci/status/1168975405447094274?s=20

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

upsidedown posted:

The Danelaw doesn’t count.

Hint, it's the one EU member state that isn't in Europe and you had to update the Euro dollars because the map you had on it literally wasn't going far enough east lol.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/1168976706683711494?s=19

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Sounds like he is planning on seizing their government issued vehicles

Heh heh heh

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

labour's line is probably going to be "he was threatening to work unspeakable witchcraft to bring about No Deal in the event of an election process, so we postponed it". whether this is going to work, who the hell knows, but you can be absolutely sure that people at labour HQ are losing years of their life over it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

jesus christ she's not even in #10 any more and she's still trying to get her poo poo deal passed

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

why would he clear up the mess? he just wants to crash out with no deal, right? it would take decades to clear up that particular mess

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Is that the same guy who said "The Prime Minister fancies himself a classicist? He certainly is proscribing members of his own party right now."

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Grape posted:

Hint, it's the one EU member state that isn't in Europe and you had to update the Euro dollars because the map you had on it literally wasn't going far enough east lol.

Cyprus is in Europe tho

e: ooooohhh

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Drunkboxer posted:

why would he clear up the mess? he just wants to crash out with no deal, right? it would take decades to clear up that particular mess

the idea is that he get bossed around by Parliament for a bit and then tossed out when he inevitably drags his feet. they're trying to humiliate him and discredit his project. elements of the opposition would also like the Tory party to die a quick but painful death, and having this incompetent bully at the helm might increase the chances of that happening

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Grape posted:

I feel like if someone is just that WASPy and stiff, they can never be Catholic, not really.
Same deal for Mike Pence and Rick Santorum.

Mike Pence isn’t catholic any more.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

V. Illych L. posted:

the idea is that he get bossed around by Parliament for a bit and then tossed out when he inevitably drags his feet. they're trying to humiliate him and discredit his project. elements of the opposition would also like the Tory party to die a quick but painful death, and having this incompetent bully at the helm might increase the chances of that happening

Well it worked so well in the US with Trump, didn't it?

When was the last time one of these attempts at 12 dimensional chess actually payed off?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

im not actually sure bojo does.. or at least there are signs that this is just a completely stupid and doomed attempt at brinksmanship. i dont think he cares if NDB happens but i think hed rather be seen to do one over on the EU and get a good deal.

bojo hates hard work and an administration after NDB will be incredibly hard work and then he gets eaten by rioters
any attempt to negotiate with the EU without ceding the backstop results in him just becoming May 2.0 which he will hate worse than being eaten
equally hes very vain and wont want to be britains shortest serving joke PM

i dunno, the only smart option for him IMO is to do a GE in the hopes he wins a majority that doesnt need the DUP then just gently caress them over with the backstop while renaming it the Patriot Britane Strong with the help of the papers

the issue is bojo isnt smart

then theres also the pressing issue that hes been waving the NHS at the US State Department, basically pressing our necks to the vampires fangs and going "haha am i kidding or not?" while their eyes glow red "oh i really shouldnt.... you're my ally in europe but... oh that does smell delicious"

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Obliterati posted:

Cyprus is in Europe tho

:airquote: :airquote:

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Ha, someone called out Moggs for lying down

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/annaturley/status/1168980398166237185

The absolute lad

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

History doesn't repeat but does reference itself, holy moly

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

i guess being PM during the self inflicted apocalypse will allow bojo many opportunities to indulge in churchillian speeches about adversity

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

bringing up her dead as dogshit deal just to vote it down one more time out of spite is very, very good

this is like the 21st century Cadaver Synod

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

shrill remoaners triggered by chadmogg

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

chird posted:

Ha, someone called out Moggs for lying down
I'm sure the only reason he's not put his feet on the bench yet is that is aware of an obscure parliamentary rule what would allow Bercow to have him flogged if he did.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

god the chocolate city/mothership connection timeline must be nice as gently caress to live in

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Hentai Jihadist posted:

the issue is bojo isnt smart

They have always been going for an election, it's the only thing that can work for them. Points being a) The hardcore (ultra) bit of the Tory party is tiny, and they see this as a chance to pull the entire lot, and the country because the situation is so loving weird. Without the Brexit poo poo they'd be stuck in the same limbo they've been in since I was a kid 30 years ago. b) Someone needs to get the blame for the last 3 years, and blaming it on the other Tories is perfect for them.

It's a heist, pure and simple. And Johnson (never loving call him Bojo) isn't smart, that bastard advisor of his is though. He needs stringing the gently caress up.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I thought your royals killed the catholic nobles, how did the rees-moggs came to be

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

wow its even worse than i imagined

literally looks like a sedentary house cat having a laze :cabot:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/1168073942571081728

To be sure, researchers extracted DNA from the mummy’s big toe and compared it to genetic material from a modern relative, Rosemary Probst-Ryhiner.

Not only was it a match, showing that the woman must have been a Bischoff, but further archival research showed she was Anna Catharina Bischoff, who died in 1787, a direct maternal ancestor of Boris Johnson.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

be honest yall, who among you wouldnt lie the same

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

anna you need to color correct !!

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Kurtofan posted:

I thought your royals killed the catholic nobles, how did the rees-moggs came to be

He isn't a noble.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jazerus posted:

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/1168073942571081728

To be sure, researchers extracted DNA from the mummy’s big toe and compared it to genetic material from a modern relative, Rosemary Probst-Ryhiner.

Not only was it a match, showing that the woman must have been a Bischoff, but further archival research showed she was Anna Catharina Bischoff, who died in 1787, a direct maternal ancestor of Boris Johnson.

Genuinely had to check this wasn't a dailymash link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

They actually didn't. The most senior peers in the UK are Catholic and have been since the Reformation.