Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/i/status/1167527983491551232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm dying to know what he says to the robber,
Maybe criticism about his choice of firearm? Or even a Seinfeldian offtopic rant about robberies in abstract?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"Gimme your phone!"

"No, no, I don't think I will."

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gibcRfp4zA

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So there's a goon who's a hurricane hunter, and he was flying around inside Dorian today.

Wonder Free posted:

Definitely not my favorite hurricane at the moment. Took some big hits today, it’s intensifying still, pressure was like 913 mb when we were in it. Some very strong updrafts in the eye wall, we were gaining like 2k feet every time we went through, which is quite uncomfortable. Lots of positive and negative g’s going on and off quickly as we fight to keep level and on airspeed.

We wound up evacuating the plane to New Orleans since we are worried we wouldn’t be able to get out of our home field with some early strong winds coming off of this thing. Still flying balls early so only a few beers and then off to bed.

https://i.imgur.com/POHcKQD.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/1jBhJwJ.mp4

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cythereal posted:

So there's a goon who's a hurricane hunter, and he was flying around inside Dorian today.

Watch the numbers on the left!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/anniepnj/status/1168582629467312129?s=21

Because Waffle House is eternal.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

xpost

Cartoon Man posted:

Not enough ways to describe this badass:
https://i.imgur.com/xRK6eE2.mp4

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I pity the fool who doesn't respect snake venom

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/mwisme/status/1168665076288507904?s=21

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

Because Waffle House is eternal.

To the point where... "the Waffle House Index is an informal metric used by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to determine the effect of a storm and the likely scale of assistance required for disaster recovery."

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
it sure is a sign of a healthy country that we measure our natural disasters based on how a fast-food company forces its employees to come to work despite physical danger

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Kanine posted:

it sure is a sign of a healthy country that we measure our natural disasters based on how a fast-food company forces its employees to come to work despite physical danger

Waffle House isn't fast food, you cretin.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

central dogma posted:

Waffle House isn't fast food, you cretin.

Don't look up or you'll see the point he was trying to make fly over your head, you utter imbecile, you ignoramus, you fool, you base oaf.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Kanine posted:

On the flipside they also are providing food to emergency teams and citizens who may not have food access otherwise in a disaster area so it's really part of being in a community?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Something Awful>Main>Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › PYF Bad rear end Pictures: National Waffle House Index Is At Red

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

This guy is prepping one hell of a next level "jar of peanut brittle" prank.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Croatoan posted:

On the flipside they also are providing food to emergency teams and citizens who may not have food access otherwise in a disaster area so it's really part of being in a community?

Yeah and they actually don't require anyone to come, either.

I grant that wage slavery exists and that some local management may not play by the rules.

Waffle House is one of the better companies, I say, damning it with faint praise.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also you never know how good a hot meal is until you’ve lost power for 3 days and have only cold canned meat and soup for meals. A local Chinese place used a generator to reopen as soon as Irma passed and began selling hot food. There’s a palpable sense of relief and joy to going from a powerless stove and microwave to having a huge steaming plate of sliced pork and fried rice.

Keep in mind that they’re not making people operate during the disaster. Nobody is manning the building during 125 MPH winds in case a family of four crashes their SUV into the window trying to evacuate. They close when it’s dangerous and reopen to provide food once they can.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
For all the poo poo that goes down in waffle House they're a surprisingly wholesome business.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

For all the poo poo that goes down in waffle House they're a surprisingly wholesome business.

https://twitter.com/noidd/status/1168705465099935744

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh jeez. honestly im really surprised that waffle house isnt lovely. all things considered i think i was in the right to assume an american restaurant company would be evil but ill admit they seem chill

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

im still making GBS threads my pants from the waffle house hashbrowns topped with chili that i ate 10 years ago. but its good to hear that they arent the worst restaurant

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Their food is lovely but they seem to be doing the right thing so I admire it.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Waffle House has seen me through some very rough nights

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RCarr posted:

Their food is lovely but they seem to be doing the right thing so I admire it.

Anthony Bourdain loving loved Waffle House. He had never been until an episode of his show and he loved everything he got.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Capitalism is good now?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Inceltown posted:

Capitalism is good now?

it's not a publicly traded company

if it was, it definitely wouldn't do any of this good poo poo

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

chitoryu12 posted:

Anthony Bourdain loving loved Waffle House. He had never been until an episode of his show and he loved everything he got.

I ate their once in Georgia somewhere on my holiday to the US and it was great - I've never eaten at a place like it here in Australia. When I mentioned it to some US locals I caught up with later they acted like I was an idiot. I guess the novelty factor counts for a lot?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The only appropriate time for eating at a Waffle House is black out drunk at 3am. Even then you will regret it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Back when I did 911 we were grateful for the Waffle House in our jurisdiction because it was a reliable generator of late night fistfights and stabbings. :cop:

Andro
Jun 30, 2010

Gromit posted:

I ate their once in Georgia somewhere on my holiday to the US and it was great - I've never eaten at a place like it here in Australia. When I mentioned it to some US locals I caught up with later they acted like I was an idiot. I guess the novelty factor counts for a lot?

The people who poo poo on Waffle House are the same people that bring unseasoned potato salad to the pot luck.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Waffle House is great for when you need sustenance after drinking all night.

It's hillbilly cousin Huddle House is where you go when you're kicked out of Waffle House.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The most basic indicators of enjoying a meal are salt and fat. Waffle House is a pure embodiment of that mentality.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Awful House is great at 3am after you get off work and nothing else is open.

Andro posted:

The people who poo poo on Waffle House are the same people that bring unseasoned potato salad to the pot luck.

This, too.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Dick Trauma posted:

Back when I did 911

Big if true

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

It's no secret. I even had it on my resume for years!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I forgot to say Waffle House is also RHPS costume friendly :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BrianBoitano posted:

I forgot to say Waffle House is also RHPS costume friendly :)

Red Hot Pepper Shitters?

yes I eventually worked out it's rocky horror but it's not something I've ever seen as an acronym before