Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Junior G-man posted:

Seriously see if you can find a movie called Charles III. It's exactly that.

Hahah that sounds awesome

Our government has decided to suspend all public gatherings until order is restored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

forkboy84 posted:

King Jacob Rees-Mogg

He's actually a pleb, and hilariously resentful about it. His father was only a life peer, not proper nobility. Hence the massively overdone 18th century country lord act.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
This little lot are trying to say something for their own betterment and, once again, are loving it by not understanding what the hell is going on and believing they should be in charge due to their UNQUESTIONABLE MORAL PURITY.

Why is it that for people who claim to have no political morals the Blairites are so incensed that they are not in charge of anything?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Delthalaz posted:

Our government has decided to suspend all public gatherings until order is restored
Poor brenda, under armed guard to stop her preventing no deal like she wants to.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Failed Imagineer posted:

What if a Catholic pretender to the throne swooped in to depose Elizabeth, backed by a mercenary army funded from Vatican coffers?

I think it would be p cool

Too late, the vampire nazis already won

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Wait I quickly read this Blairite press release and it's even dumber. They want to re-table the Chequers agreement with some added Labour bits and then use that as a framework for further cooperation and compromise. At least if I understand that correct.

I can't ... :ughh: these people :ughh:

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Soylent Yellow posted:

He's actually a pleb, and hilariously resentful about it. His father was only a life peer, not proper nobility. Hence the massively overdone 18th century country lord act.

the act all makes sense now, he's trying to overcompensate for the fact he'll never be true aristocracy because his catholic

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1168984936910598144

eat each other :yeshaha:

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
when the gently caress is this vote???

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Delthalaz posted:

It is actually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrldHMTJ_pM

It's very close to a modern Shakespearean history/drama play.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Soylent Yellow posted:

His grandmother was... *shudder* American

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Doccykins posted:

eat each other :yeshaha:

Shipman is saying 16 rebels who will have the whip removed tonight. That would bring the whole house of cards down.

:yeshaha:

Henry Black
Jun 27, 2004

If she's not making this face, you're not doing it right.
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1168985012718448643

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
do i have time to get more booze im running low whens the vote

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Chuka Umana posted:

when the gently caress is this vote???

roughly 20min

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Oh look Jim Fitzpatrick is there. Fucks sake.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

LMAO did Baron just say "there are many colleagues who are honourable, but I have to say that right now they are not" (possibly paraphrasing slightly).

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Private Speech posted:

LMAO did Baron just say "there are many colleagues who are honourable, but I have to say that right now they are not" (possibly paraphrasing slightly).

yes

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Delthalaz posted:

When will the Queen and her loyal supporters finally restore order and put an end to this failed “democratic” experiment? Send in the royal hussars and household cavalry and arrest these clowns.

We regret to announce that we've withdrawn the cavalry after the Tories kept trying to gently caress the horses

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Delthalaz posted:

When will the Queen and her loyal supporters finally restore order and put an end to this failed “democratic” experiment? Send in the royal hussars and household cavalry and arrest these clowns.

this is what she wants

she's still fuming over hitler losing

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
how is this fucker with this accent representing northern scotland??????

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

YAS, roll on dat 2nd Highland Clearance. Clear me to a less dystopian place, like Venus or something.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

I can't tell if that's pseudo-populist posturing or affected toff posturing.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
they really think turning the UK into a loving wasteland for workers' rights is gonna make up for the WTO tariffs and this is why they're contemplating throwing themselves in the abyss, holy poo poo

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I like how this fucker is going all 'yeah we'll need billions to fix things, as in the previous economic, c-, err, cycles [good dodge there], also the way we'll compete is comparative advantage in the labour market and the labour market flexibility'.

fakeedit: same guy as above

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

bump_fn posted:

how is this fucker with this accent representing northern scotland??????

Jamie Stone presumably got his accent at Gordonstoun, which is a private school near Elgin, the same school that Prince Charles & Prince Phillip went to. So I'd assume his teuchter accent was beaten out of him, but he did grow up in Tain, & was a liberal councillor from the mid-80s when the Highlands were still a Liberal stronghold.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Junior G-man posted:

Shipman is saying 16 rebels who will have the whip removed tonight. That would bring the whole house of cards down.

:yeshaha:

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1168952421684514817
Hopefully more than 16.

No matter how Tory you are, a prick like Johnson kicking out the Father of the House after nearly fifty years can't look good to you.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

:siren: SOON :siren:

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1168989178291527685

:siren: SOON :siren:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
is it just me or do the tory benches look a lot emptier than the opposition?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Do these "reasonable" Tories that keep standing up and saying that removing no deal as an option is hamstringing the government's ability to negotiate just not understand who the headbangers in charge of their party are?

Like if you genuinely believe we need a deal, why would you think it's a good idea to give the no deal option to a group of people that keep publicly saying they want to leave without a deal?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
DIVISSSIIIIOOOOONNNN

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Flip Yr Wig posted:

It's absolutely the latter

EDIT OH poo poo GAME ON

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
DIVISIIIIOOOOOOON

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1168988840792657928

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

CLEAR THE LOBBBYYYY

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Christ, a Who's Nobody of the Labour Party. Thought they'd thrown Champion out after that Islamophobia thing. What a missed opportunity.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

he's a 13 year old in his dad's suit trying to look cool for all the girls

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's a matter of confidence, says a nervously sweating Johnson.

Yeah, but it isn't actually, is it, you clown, you gently caress, says Corbyn.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Johnson may end up being the shortest serving PM we have ever had, beating Spencer Percival's low score. And Johnson would still be alive to be told how badly he hosed up.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

StarkingBarfish posted:

is it just me or do the tory benches look a lot emptier than the opposition?

They're all lurking around in the lobbies.

Sky reckon 16 Tory rebels, but 4-5 Labour rebels - that's closer than I like the sound of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henry Black
Jun 27, 2004

If she's not making this face, you're not doing it right.
Fun Shoe
When Parliament moves out for the refurb, are they gonna carry on these weird old procedures?