Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Rogue was fine, IIRC it suffers from Ubisoft's usual map overfilled with collectibles that do nothing but cause bars to fill. I think the main story is only about 6 missions long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i loving swear, if we get super mario sunshine HD, the very bad 3d mario game, announced tomorrow, before the superior and best 64 or galaxy 1/2 i will have an incredibly dumb and awkward online meltdown in this very thread so get your nice meltdowns primed.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica...575456722653189

i will allow it only if its part of Super Mario All-Stars 2 (+1) that contains all 3d mario games but 3d land instead of world.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I firmly believe that nintendo should treat Galaxy 1/2 and Wind Waker as artistic legacies and make sure every loving console generation of children have the chance to experience those games, anything less is a travesty.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
That Shield port of Galaxy 1/2 for China is so tantalizingly out there, running on similar hardware

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Vikar Jerome posted:

i loving swear, if we get super mario sunshine HD, the very bad 3d mario game, announced tomorrow, before the superior and best 64 or galaxy 1/2 i will have an incredibly dumb and awkward online meltdown in this very thread so get your nice meltdowns primed.

i will allow it only if its part of Super Mario All-Stars 2 (+1) that contains all 3d mario games but 3d land instead of world.

I'll allow it if it means more 64 games. I need wave race.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

I firmly believe that nintendo should treat Galaxy 1/2 and Wind Waker as artistic legacies and make sure every loving console generation of children have the chance to experience those games, anything less is a travesty.
same and also Punch-Out Wii

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Spyro came out.

Spyro's good.

Port is fine.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There's not really anything else I care about on Switch with Fire Emblem out. Luigi's Mansion maybe but the 3ds one was bad so going to wait on it.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Sunshine was cool and good, friend. I didn't like the Galaxy games.

quote:

I'd rather get Twilight Princess

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

RBA Starblade posted:

There's not really anything else I care about on Switch with Fire Emblem out. Luigi's Mansion maybe but the 3ds one was bad so going to wait on it.

Sunshine was cool and good, friend. I didn't like the Galaxy games.

I'd rather get Twilight Princess

How is this post three for three in being so wrong?

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
It's way too much to hope that means GameCube games for Online.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Nintendo just made a FB post about enjoying the sunshine before Summer ends.

It’s doubly mean because there’s a pic of a Smash series Isabelle amiibo, which sold out before I could get one!!!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sunshine needs a remake more than Galaxy imo. They could fix a lot with relatively little work. I'm not sure how'd they handle fludd without analog triggers though.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
If Spyro Switch retains enough of the original release's visuals to preserve its aesthetic in handheld and the framerate doesn't tank to poo poo then I'm beyond down because Reignited is seriously one of the most gorgeously animated games I've ever seen and the artstyle loving nails that 'how you remember it looking as a kid' sweet spot you hope any remake captures.

Have there been any good tech analyses yet or just general details on resolution and junk? Also do we know if this is the patched version from other consoles, like with subtitles and motion blur slider and that kind of thing?

Also what's Spyro? Please submit these answers to me in a form.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't think the sunshine post was a hint. Nintendo has made it pretty clear that they don't care about their old games and they're always surprised to find out that anybody else does.

I don't think anybody there even remembers that "sunshine" was also the name of a Mario game

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Sunshine's getting a remake and not Mario64 because Mario64 is going to be on the N64 Classic

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sunshine was the best of Marios.
Sunshine was the worst of Marios.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why won't they port it?

A tale of too lovely

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

I don't think the sunshine post was a hint. Nintendo has made it pretty clear that they don't care about their old games and they're always surprised to find out that anybody else does.

I don't think anybody there even remembers that "sunshine" was also the name of a Mario game

what an insane thing to post the month link's awakening is getting released

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Torchlight 2, 3 hours in:

- drops frames around fire
- enemy auto targeting is dog poo poo
- very, very limited customization options
- decent amount of pets, includes the headcrab
- no respec potion at the starting town
- menu system is dog poo poo; they should've just copied TL1 for the 360

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Torchlight 2, 3 hours in:

- drops frames around fire
- enemy auto targeting is dog poo poo
- very, very limited customization options
- decent amount of pets, includes the headcrab
- no respec potion at the starting town
- menu system is dog poo poo; they should've just copied TL1 for the 360

Well that sucks. I loved torchlight.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tokyo mirage sessions and mk8+ dlc thank u

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

MarcusSA posted:

Well that sucks. I loved torchlight.

Don't get me wrong, it's still fun, it just has... annoyances. Gameplay is still good.

If I can't find a respec potion seller in the next town, I'm straight up giving it a DO NOT BUY for casual players though.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 3, 2019

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Violen posted:

If Spyro Switch retains enough of the original release's visuals to preserve its aesthetic in handheld and the framerate doesn't tank to poo poo then I'm beyond down because Reignited is seriously one of the most gorgeously animated games I've ever seen and the artstyle loving nails that 'how you remember it looking as a kid' sweet spot you hope any remake captures.

Have there been any good tech analyses yet or just general details on resolution and junk? Also do we know if this is the patched version from other consoles, like with subtitles and motion blur slider and that kind of thing?

Also what's Spyro? Please submit these answers to me in a form.

If anyone else was wondering about this I found this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abRZiPcQ59c

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Torchshite Poo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
As a MacBook Air gamer in the early 2000s I have a special fondness for Torchlight but I still can't help but chastise anyone who buys Torchlight for the Switch when the best version of Diablo 3 is available.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Violen posted:

Subtitles: Yes. Motion blur slider: No, an on/off toggle instead. Also there's no motion blur in handheld.

I just played 2 hours in docked mode and I'm pretty satisfied with the port. The resolution is obviously low, which may be a sticking point, but the performance is solid and I think overall the game still looks good.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wait, so if I get a new Switch and decide to transfer my games/save files it's all hunky-dory thanks to the cloud saves EXCEPT I will lose all my progress on Dark Souls, which... I- ok, fine, but also Splatoon 2? The latter is not cool at all, I don't think I'd want to lose all the items I've unlocked in the hundreds of hours of playtime.

What the heck was the point of the SD card in that case?

If true, this is pretty disheartening. I probably won't bother getting the upgrade.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can transfer saves using the system settings even if you don't have cloud saves

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Violen posted:

If anyone else was wondering about this I found this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abRZiPcQ59c

That looks really good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Vikar Jerome posted:

Sunshine 2

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

You can transfer saves using the system settings even if you don't have cloud saves

Oh thank goodness, so I can keep all my stuff then plus their save files? Ok, cool, now to get the store let me loiter for x minutes. Is it possible to use a phone as a reliable hotspot?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I dunno, maybe nintendo could answer your question: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45047/~/how-to-transfer-your-save-data-to-a-nearby-nintendo-switch or https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27394/~/how-to-transfer-user-and-save-data

fake edit:

Both consoles must have system menu version 8.0.0 or higher, be connected to the Internet, and near each other.

seems like you do need an active internet connection, and I've used phone wi-fi spots for streams / work stuff and it's been fine for that. I can't imagine that it wouldn't work for this

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 3, 2019

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Flint_Paper posted:

I played it as a kid when it first came out, and was lucky enough to manage to get hold of a PocketStation. Because of this, I had Hella Vicious Weapons by disc 2, and a fat chocobo GF that did silly damage.

That being said, I've never thoroughly broken it. I know that you can do all sorts of wizard poo poo with card mod/not levelling up your characters, but I don't know how.

Does anyone have any ready access to an effortpost about this? Like guide for the simple, or a series of pointers?

This is obviously because I have just bought it for the third time.

Basically it is all about junctioning magic. Playing cards gets you magic, drawing from enemies gets you magic. Once you have 100 of each magic and junction it to the correct stats you can become ridiculously strong. Like 100 Ultima junctioned to your elemental defense gives you max defense against every type of element in the game. It's silly.

:allears:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I dunno, maybe nintendo could answer your question: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45047/~/how-to-transfer-your-save-data-to-a-nearby-nintendo-switch or https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27394/~/how-to-transfer-user-and-save-data

fake edit:

Both consoles must have system menu version 8.0.0 or higher, be connected to the Internet, and near each other.

seems like you do need an active internet connection, and I've used phone wi-fi spots for streams / work stuff and it's been fine for that. I can't imagine that it wouldn't work for this

Cool, sounds like it should work. Last thing I'm not clear on, when they say the new console needs to have the adequate memory for the transfer does that mean I'll need two SD cards, the old one and a new one for the new console? Or am I being as ignorant as I fear about what exactly is saved internally or on the SD card?

The deal here is still more expensive than the one in the US, but given that I get new pair of joy-cons that are usually 70 euro I think it ends up being more or less the same price.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SNES Live will launch with three copies of Demon's Crest just to Tau t me, a person that never best it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

They also used the word odyssey in the tweet.

Delfino Island DLC for Odyssey

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Cool, sounds like it should work. Last thing I'm not clear on, when they say the new console needs to have the adequate memory for the transfer does that mean I'll need two SD cards, the old one and a new one for the new console? Or am I being as ignorant as I fear about what exactly is saved internally or on the SD card?

The deal here is still more expensive than the one in the US, but given that I get new pair of joy-cons that are usually 70 euro I think it ends up being more or less the same price.

This one I already know but linking the article anyway: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22289/~/data-management-faq#s1q1. Save game data is stored to system memory and all other game related data is stored on the microSD. So you should be good to go

This is all saying they let you do it in store. Some people have bought the new one, done the transfer at home, then return to the store to get a refund / trade in then. I had all cloud saves so I didn't need to go through this

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Bloop posted:

They also used the word odyssey in the tweet.

Delfino Island DLC for Odyssey

I'd rather have this than a remake. Isle Defino did show up on early artwork for Mario Odyssey on the globe so I could see it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone have a longing for sponge yoshi powered by juice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
you've reminded me of this sequence of events to get a yoshi-locked shine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JtH_raDm_w&t=78s

I loved sunshine but gently caress their implementation of yoshi in that game