Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Do we know what the plan is after the vote? Is Johnson going to speak (judging by that Sam Coates tweet he might speak but nobody knows what about)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jollity Farm posted:

Johnson may end up being the shortest serving PM we have ever had, beating Spencer Percival's low score. And Johnson would still be alive to be told how badly he hosed up.

This'd be even more delicious than if he never got to be PM at all

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So with Labour turning down an election, are the libtig massive looking to wreck this bill or not?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Henry Black posted:

When Parliament moves out for the refurb, are they gonna carry on these weird old procedures?

Hahaha Parliament will never get refurbished. It'll be incredibly expensive.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Henry Black posted:

When Parliament moves out for the refurb, are they gonna carry on these weird old procedures?

They straight-up rejected the first proposed venue (and instead went for a much more expensive option) because it didn't have room for division lobbies and talk of electronic voting is like loving kryptonite for them.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Henry Black posted:

Revolution is about the only hope we have of binning all these stupid loving traditions.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Henry Black posted:

Hopefully

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Heart's thumping, chums

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
ERG calling for an electoral pact with the Brexit Party lmao

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
LOCK THE DOOOOOOORS

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
so that i have this straight: they're currently voting on whether to have the vote on the thing that will make boris give us a vote to decide whether we will have a vote on brexit? do i have this approximately correct here

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

oh shiiiitttttt

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Only 5PM here but gently caress it that's beer thirty.

Juche Couture
Feb 3, 2007

Henry Black posted:

They rejected the first proposed temporary venue because it didn't have room for all this bullshit, hence the new proposal which is more expensive and will damage a listed building. Private Eye nooks & corners has been carrying some stuff about it.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Defeat of around 30 expected

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1168992348119994368

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

StarkingBarfish posted:

Grauniad says it's to hear better by quieting noise from behind him for some dumb reason.

The Guardian's explanation is complete bollocks by the way. If he wanted to hear better there's a free speaker quite close he could lean towards- that wee grill thing. IIRC there is not one at the end of the row where his head is.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

LMAO he's so close to getting it:

https://twitter.com/nickmacpherson2/status/1168991314765066242?s=20

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

bump_fn posted:

i finally gor imgur working wtf is up with jrm nappoing on the sofa

Catching up, and two pages to go, but ... called it https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/picture/2019/sep/01/ben-jennings-on-boris-johnson-dominic-cummings-and-tory-rebels-cartoon

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Sanitary Naptime posted:

^^^ E: What can this riddle mean? (got your pm and replied)

loving hell, thought I was having a stroke there.

then I realised i was reading a ratjaculation post

please don't stroke to my posts

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

although the speaker normally stands uncontested, does he not stand as a tory candidate? are they going to deselect him? lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
what’s happening

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
lol https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1168992766032011264

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Yes, do this, try and deselect the speaker, bear witness as your own fuckery collapses on you, you ridiculously feckless sacks of distended hog rectum.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Looke posted:

although the speaker normally stands uncontested, does he not stand as a tory candidate? are they going to deselect him? lol

He's officially independent once he becomes Speaker.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

He's officially independent once he becomes Speaker.

ok thanks

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Does Bercow have a big Leave constituency?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

So what the gently caress is even going to happen after this? Are the rebels all going to join the Lib Dems? Or are they going to start their own new party? I can’t imagine them just continuing to sit as 10-20 separate independents...

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

bump_fn posted:

what’s happening

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/NicholasGuyatt/status/1168990388939624448?s=19

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sky claiming 10 Tory rebels, which is theoretically enough, but...

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Looke posted:

nope, he stands as just “speaker"
uncontested by the main parties btw, not totally. UKIP, the Greens, various others usually run and lose badly

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

4 pages in the time it took me to do a poo

is something happening in the parl-lee-ay-men-tee

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so as a dumb american, i assume this means BlowJo is done. and since all the tory rebels are running to lib dems, that means they are probably hosed too. so that means labors is possible accendancy?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

bump_fn posted:

what’s happening

They all back in and waiting results, sad looking crossed arms tories, grinning opposition

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Tellers still not back, which suggests it's *very* close.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Junior G-man posted:

not sure how accurate this is but possibly not

http://democraticdashboard.com/constituency/buckingham

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Junior G-man posted:

Leave
48.87%
Remain
51.13%

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Eeeeee come on I can't take this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them