Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Possibly like aftermath where the adventure portion can only be played from the graveyard. Would fit with the ability for the creature to sac itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Tulul posted:

It's a little curious that the +1 permanently transforms instead of exiling and creating a token. I thought they didn't like doing that sort of thing, because it creates memory issues.

Also, does Oko's blue left arm make him Dack's evil twin?

Flickering the Elk lets you “cure” it back to normal, token would be Elk forever

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
It would be broke as gently caress in any limited format slower than Origins if you could have a repeatable 7 mana for 3 x 2/2s on an uncommon.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Tulul posted:

Also, does Oko's blue left arm make him Dack's evil twin?

No, because Dack was caught once and that placed marked his hands as punishment.

He was caught, red-handed.

I'm glad he's dead.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Hope they reveal what the UBW card does.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I guess I can wait until I see what adventure does but this card feels like a pretty severe flavor/function disconnect right now

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Tainen posted:

Seems like we are getting a preview every hour leading up to the stream tomorrow

I'm unreasonably mad about the flavor of this. The art shows her having killed 2 bears, but as a 1/2 she is incapable of killing any! And her ability let's her kill enchantments and artifacts, but according to our latest science bears are neither of those.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Elyv posted:

I guess I can wait until I see what adventure does but this card feels like a pretty severe flavor/function disconnect right now

after the kid dies/leaves the bears come back home dude

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

neaden posted:

I'm unreasonably mad about the flavor of this. The art shows her having killed 3 bears, but as a 1/2 she is incapable of killing any! And her ability let's her kill enchantments and artifacts, but according to our latest science bears are neither of those.

that's why she dies to destroy an artifact, which is what food probably is.

She died for that porridge.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

neaden posted:

I'm unreasonably mad about the flavor of this. The art shows her having killed 3 bears, but as a 1/2 she is incapable of killing any! And her ability let's her kill enchantments and artifacts, but according to our latest science bears are neither of those.

lol just lol if your game don't have robo bears

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Lone Goat posted:

after the kid dies/leaves the bears come back home dude

the art is her in her snazzy new house with dead bears all over the place though

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

AlternateNu posted:

It would be broke as gently caress in any limited format slower than Origins if you could have a repeatable 7 mana for 3 x 2/2s on an uncommon.

Yeah for real. It wouldn't have a Sorcery type either.

It's much more likely to be split cards except one half is a creature. My only other guess was something along the lines of the Meld cards, where Welcome Home (a separate card) would be referenced on Flaxen Intruder with its name, type, and mana cost, and would trigger some ability on Flaxen Intruder when you cast it.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

that's why she dies to destroy an artifact, which is what food probably is.

She died for that porridge.

THEN HOW DID THE BEARS IN THE ART DIE?????

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Pretty sure Adventure is just a creature with a sorcery/instant you can cast instead, kind of like a split card

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Lone Goat posted:

That doesn't activate kill command, it's just a robot disguised as a bear.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

doesn't create 7 mana, flavor fail

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Huxley posted:

That card is very ugly.

The artwork is great, the frame is really nice.

That version of split is horrendous.

Yeah it's ugly as gently caress.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that's the 'showcase' version, the regular version was shared a few weeks back and is on the left here

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Huxley posted:

That card is very ugly.

The artwork is great, the frame is really nice.

That version of split is horrendous.

The artwork and the frame is great, but the card is ugly? :what:

I like everything about this design.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
the berserker part is what confuses me. not a word I'd ever thought to associate with goldilocks.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

neaden posted:

I'm unreasonably mad about the flavor of this. The art shows her having killed 2 bears, but as a 1/2 she is incapable of killing any! And her ability let's her kill enchantments and artifacts, but according to our latest science bears are neither of those.

She's wearing the third bear's skin around her neck. It's just that the color is the same as her hair and makes her hair look big and poofy.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Ok, these are pretty cool. I actually want the round Guilds rug. :ohdear:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

No Wave posted:

the berserker part is what confuses me. not a word I'd ever thought to associate with goldilocks.

And murdering three bears is something you would?
Eldraine is probably chock full of twisted versions of childhood tales.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
"Bear slayer" - summon 3 bears or create a 1/2

I'm with the guy who's confused

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

neaden posted:

THEN HOW DID THE BEARS IN THE ART DIE?????

Just wait until WotC reveals Porridge tokens!

"Sacrifice this porridge token to give target creature deathtouch against 2/2s and protection from 2/2s until end of turn."

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Apparently food tokens are artifacts

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

No Wave posted:

"Bear slayer" - summon 3 bears or create a 1/2

I'm with the guy who's confused

Yeah after all that creative speculation...

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
It's flashback-as-a-creature. You can cast her directly or send her off on an adventure (sorcery/instant effect) and cast her later.

e: In her case she 'wrangles' some bears rather than killing them I guess

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

also apparently they've got a new euphemism for "not tanking the price of the secondary market"

quote:

We’re aware of the desire for reprints. The issue for us is figuring out how to strike a balance between providing more access for the players that don’t have the cards while respecting the effort that went into acquiring the cards for the players that do have them.

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 3, 2019

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

It's flashback-as-a-creature. You can cast her directly or send her off on an adventure (sorcery/instant effect) and cast her later.

e: In her case she 'wrangles' some bears rather than killing them I guess

wrangles bears while standing on a bear rug, with a bear head mounted on her wall, a bloody cleaver, and at least 3 bear traps

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Elyv posted:

wrangles bears while standing on a bear rug, with a bear head mounted on her wall, a bloody cleaver, and at least 3 bear traps

~~alternate timelines~~

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it helps intimidate them :shrug:

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Food tokens being artifacts means that he can turn his food into elks or food and then use the food on his swap so the rules text on what food does could be blank and he'd still be good

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
"Respecting the effort that went into acquiring cards" is right up there with "surprise mechanics" in terms of corporate horseshit.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Food tokens being artifacts means that he can turn his food into elks or food and then use the food on his swap so the rules text on what food does could be blank and he'd still be good

They'd probably almost be better if they were blank, because the plan for the walker is probably to give one to your opponent and then alternate making one and turning it into a 3/3 until you have enough loyalty to commit more theft.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for buying a card earlier than someone else.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I kind of hope food isn't life gain because if its as ubiquitous as clues or treasure then this is gonna be a real rough format for aggro decks

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The food token stuff is gonna be interesting considering in Faerie lore eating Fae food traps you in their world. Might work like Pacifism or stealing creatures.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

AnEdgelord posted:

I kind of hope food isn't life gain because if its as ubiquitous as clues or treasure then this is gonna be a real rough format for aggro decks

not seeing the problem here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

wotc finally appealing to its playerbase with food tokens and getting sponsorship from food companies, killing two birds with one stone. tokens will have art of baconators, chicken nuggies, doritos and mtn dew. each pre-release kit will come with an Arena promo as well as coupon to mcdonald''s where their happy meals come with a planeswalker toy and an Arena code.