Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/hedead_amen/status/1166801159769620480?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Fhqwhgads posted:

Apnea, joint pain, and constant pants tearing.

i'm not short so that's not fat weight for me

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 2, 2019

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Decided to add 30lb to my deadlift and I feel fantastic. My muscles feel pleasantly tight and doing more than before without hurting my back has been a considerable morale boost.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/Osama_BongLaden/status/1168318675860033536?s=20

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Is that DDD's slingshot?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is what happens when you skip leg day

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Meal prepping gains

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Those meals don't look that great. Good luck making GBS threads.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
i didnt know jordan peterson posted in this thread

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Clean your weight room

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I want to believe this is some kind of joke

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

Meal prepping gains

uh your meat is all rotten

also wtf you don't meal prep steak, you cook it then eat it

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I had a steak that looked like that same shade of not-so-fresh last week, and mannn my farts afterwards were SICK.

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????
Red meat turns that color due to oxidation which is normal. It's still good in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

soy posted:

uh your meat is all rotten

also wtf you don't meal prep steak, you cook it then eat it

Thats not true.

abgushte badamjan posted:

Red meat turns that color due to oxidation which is normal. It's still good in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.

Also this.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

that's a lot of meat for 3 days

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

that's a lot of meat for 3 days

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Finally benched 304 with a slingshot

My lockout strength sucks so I was happy even if it was with a slingshot. Also, unless I got a 17% increase out of a slingshot, which I don't think I did, my raw max has likely gone up a decent bit. I also literally did heavy chain bench yesterday too, on top of some OHP before hitting the slingshot today, so really everything seems to be going well considering the factors. The BULK TO 242 road has been fruitful with gains so far. Woke up at 195 today, looking forward to what being 200+ brings.

242 is a lot dude, I'm 6'4" and I'd never go that heavy. At that point you're basically sacrificing quality of life for powerlifting. Your knees don't give a poo poo how tall you are, if you do any jumping/running sports, they're gonna have a bad time. Maybe it's different because you're on drugs, and there are obviously a ton of pro athletes who weigh that much and are agile as hell, but they spend a lot of time training to use that muscle mass effectively in dynamic situations. If your training is entirely or mostly lifting heavy things slowly, that extra mass will be a drag in day to day life.

Also, weight-correlated health outcomes are correlated to weight. They're also correlated to body fat obviously, but even at equal bf% or equal fat mass, a 200lb person's heart is gonna have a better time than a 242lb person's heart

feelix fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 6, 2019

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Who wants to live forever and be small though (munches fistful of anavar tabs)

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I cut only ten pounds and I'm amazed how much better I feel.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
When I get back from vacation next week I'll have three weeks to lose about 15lbs. Gonna be all salads and speed all the time.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

I also need to lose some flab, friends. But I also need to win a reasonable bench race with my cousin... I could probably do both if I just keep training and stop eating all the junk that I eat but...

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

big fat and strong is no way to go through life

oh wait it owns

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
It doesn't own when everyone thinks you're super fit but then you go on a hike with your weak skinny friends and you're huffing and puffing and sweating because training is specific and the only thing you're prepared for is lifting barbells in air conditioning

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

feelix posted:

It doesn't own when everyone thinks you're super fit but then you go on a hike with your weak skinny friends and you're huffing and puffing and sweating because training is specific and the only thing you're prepared for is lifting barbells in air conditioning

FuNcTiOnAL sTrEnGtH

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

That's what 20 minutes of cardio 3x a week is for

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Being strong is good, but it is hard to make a case for being fat. It is not like it's likely that I'll get Crusoe'd or something.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Could always do oly if you wanna branch out.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Being a (relatively) strongbro in the corporate gym is paying off already. Older directors are recognizing me on the floor, which is great for networking.

Hell, maybe one of them has a daughter. I wouldn't mind marrying rich :v:

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS

Ah yes the famed "Carradine lift"

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

That's what 20 minutes of cardio 3x a week is for

This is exactly my plan as well. High five for doing the bare minimum.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Just saw someone doing the Lebron quarter squat in the gym and did a big old lol to myself

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Raffles posted:

Just saw someone doing the Lebron quarter squat in the gym and did a big old lol to myself

isn't that every squatter in your gym, because it is in mine

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Lose some flab, swing some kettlebells and count

Fhqwhgads posted:

Being a (relatively) strongbro in the corporate gym is paying off already. Older directors are recognizing me on the floor, which is great for networking.

Hell, maybe one of them has a daughter. I wouldn't mind marrying rich :v:

Being strong is really great for networking

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

feelix posted:

242 is a lot dude, I'm 6'4" and I'd never go that heavy. At that point you're basically sacrificing quality of life for powerlifting. Your knees don't give a poo poo how tall you are, if you do any jumping/running sports, they're gonna have a bad time. Maybe it's different because you're on drugs, and there are obviously a ton of pro athletes who weigh that much and are agile as hell, but they spend a lot of time training to use that muscle mass effectively in dynamic situations. If your training is entirely or mostly lifting heavy things slowly, that extra mass will be a drag in day to day life.

Also, weight-correlated health outcomes are correlated to weight. They're also correlated to body fat obviously, but even at equal bf% or equal fat mass, a 200lb person's heart is gonna have a better time than a 242lb person's heart

thanks for the stupid posts.

also I'm literally active 12+ hours a day almost every single day of my life, so lol.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 7, 2019

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Mustached Demon posted:

Could always do oly if you wanna branch out.

I've accepted I will always be garbage at oly lifting. I'm way too uncoordinated.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I've accepted I will always be garbage at oly lifting. I'm way too uncoordinated.

One of the reasons I got into oly was all the coordination involved. It's been a long, hard road to working my trunk into being mobile/coordinated enough to do the drat lifts. I love it.

I still squat hard and clean deadlifts are good enough pure power for me. You do have to front squat if you wanna get good at oly.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

VorpalFish posted:

This is exactly my plan as well. High five for doing the bare minimum.

:hfive: This has been part of my routine the last 4 months or so, definitely helped with overall endurance & especially not feeling gassed as quick, I can tell I'm not having to rest as long between sets. Also seems to have helped trim the fat down faster, I can fit back into the pants & shorts (with a little room) that I couldn't even button up back in April/May. Feels good with muscle memory getting a lot of my strength back fairly quickly, not quite where I was a couple years ago before time off due to diverticulitis surgery & taking care of my folks after my dad got cancer, but slowly progressing :)

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Do boxing for cardio. You will sweat all the sweat out of your body and the muscles are actually useful for things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Felt like poo poo this morning. Arsed around the house for a couple of hours. Half hearted deadlift session turned into pulling 160kg raw for the first time in about a six months. Now I can't sit still. fml.