Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just bumped into Corbyn in Nandos House and said let's do Hard Brexit, horrified aides bundled him away.

e: 48 is a third of a gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Hearing that Rory has done a pre-emptive "gently caress this poo poo" and put his 2 weeks in before they take the whip. Source is Reddit so could be a bunch of arse.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Imagine, going from a majority of +1 to -27 in a matter of hours.
lol

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

buddy I don't know how much attention you've been paying recently but we just won a pretty significant victory against the government, like less than a loving hour ago

assuming all the rebels will fall back in line tomorrow for ~reasons~ is pretty good evidence of incurable brainworms on your part

My friend can't you see it isn't over yet? Until we know for certain, there is always a chance some of them will vote with the government.

You need to cut the hostility out, I've been very polite to you...

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

AceClown posted:

Hearing that Rory has done a pre-emptive "gently caress this poo poo" and put his 2 weeks in before they take the whip. Source is Reddit so could be a bunch of arse.

He was apparently at a GQ awards dinner & said that he's not going to be allowed to stand in the next election because he's lost the whip. (Technically he could, but it'd be as an independent)

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

quote:

Mark Spencer, the chief whip, has been ringing the Tory rebels telling them they are having the whip withdrawn, we’ve been told. Philip Hammond, the former chancellor, has already had the call. As of now, he is technically no longer a Conservative MP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PedB0DWay0

can this be the dramatic montage music of the mps having their whip withdrawn in the inevitable tv movie?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

AceClown posted:

confirmed on Newsnight

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Somewhere out there, Theresa May is off her head on red wine and laughing like a maniac.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

AceClown posted:

Uh what two weeks? I was thinking of a notice period but that’s for the plebs

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Necrothatcher posted:

So what happens to Hammond who has already been selected by his local party? Does that not mean anything now?

If some blogpost on conservativehome is to be believed, local tory party democracy is basically a sham and the central party has absolute power if it chooses to use it

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

RockyB posted:

I'm looking forward to The Pfeffel going to the EU and vetoing his own countries vote/submission/movement.

Unless the BBC was hugely misrepresenting something earlier, the EU actually thought of this and made it so that a country can't veto their own extension (the whole mechanism is part of A50 and the exclusion is built in)

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

lmao, what a party

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Whip removed, confirmed on Sky

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
good riddance to rory stewart, he was the reason there will be no war crimes investigation into iraq and he was working hard to prevent british soldiers in NI from getting prosecuted.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Aidan_702 posted:

Uh what two weeks? I was thinking of a notice period but that’s for the plebs

Just a saying mate, pretty sure MPs don't have to work a notice.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1169007441662685184

Crow T Robot is a comrade, btw.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Purges! Deselections! Ideological purification!

It finally happened!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Holy poo poo, they even disabled their passes already. One of the rebels just said on Sky.

This is Hollywood bad guy poo poo, killing your own minions to look strong.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ShutteredIn posted:

lmao, what a party

Nah, prefer a party where a whip is introduced rather than one where it's removed.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The biggest purges since someone sent their CLP an email

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

forkboy84 posted:

He was apparently at a GQ awards dinner & said that he's not going to be allowed to stand in the next election because he's lost the whip. (Technically he could, but it'd be as an independent)

he has a new life now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgGKSjiw0HQ

also nice title :stonklol:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Does he actually have a Hitler stache? Or is just shadows from his nose?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

I look forward to the storm of commentariat fury this authoritarian purge of the party for the slightest infractions will stir up.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Somethin matters now

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
ah bollocks https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1169009680691150849

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Ash Crimson posted:

My friend can't you see it isn't over yet? Until we know for certain, there is always a chance some of them will vote with the government.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I mean if my resident sociopath got wasted on a cocktail of illegal drugs and started attempting to provoke members of the opposition I'd probably try to deny it happened too

Henry Black
Jun 27, 2004

If she's not making this face, you're not doing it right.
Fun Shoe

ShutteredIn posted:

lmao, what a party

"Tonight’s decisive result is the first step in a process to avert an undemocratic and damaging no deal. No 10 have responded by removing the whip from two former chancellors, a former lord chancellor and Winston Churchill’s grandson. What has has happened to the Conservative party?"

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

at the very least "scared Jeremy bundled away in horror" was obvious bs

Jeremy Corbyn fled into a Nandos when the people demanded an election

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

happyhippy posted:

Then why is a Nurgle leading it?

papa nurgle loves and cares for all living things

he would not approve of Boris Johnson

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1168973984836268034 hmmm

edit: oh hang on this is in response to the original shipman tweet https://twitter.com/CatSmithMP/status/1169009732117512192

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

bump_fn posted:

how will the headlines say this is jezzas fault / boris' win

See if we lived in a completely ridiculous silly world they'd spin it as "R.I.P. DEMOCRACY" or some poo poo like that, imagine haha, good thing we don't!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rid8SY9-Cp4&t=57s

Henry Black
Jun 27, 2004

If she's not making this face, you're not doing it right.
Fun Shoe
Soames is standing down at the next election. Boris killed off WINSTON'S GRANDSON. Amazing optics.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

bump_fn posted:

how will the headlines say this is jezzas fault / boris' win

https://twitter.com/thhamilton/status/1169007828838834176

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Qwertycoatl posted:

If some blogpost on conservativehome is to be believed, local tory party democracy is basically a sham and the central party has absolute power if it chooses to use it
If Corbs gets in they ought to introduce some basic rules for MP selection; don't just reform Labour, reform Paliament - local parties can't be forced to take a candidate, there's always a realistic way for local parties to reject their current MPs so we don't get stuck with terrible ones, plus something about how party leaders are elected (so the full party membership always have a wide choice).

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Ignoring the abstainers, 328-301

So that's 52-48 again then.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1169007441662685184

Massive oval office continues to surpass all records for being a massive oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/RoryStewartUK/status/1169011497940508672