Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

New Thread theme: whaddyathink?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZywNjLIrCY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Ash Crimson posted:

My friend can't you see it isn't over yet? Until we know for certain, there is always a chance some of them will vote with the government.

You need to cut the hostility out, I've been very polite to you...

you're not actually providing any reason behind "oh but they might all change their minds", you just keep blindly repeating "well it's possible"

people have motivations and incentives to behave as they do, they're not just basing all their decisions on RNG, the rebels aren't all going to back the government tomorrow because they rolled a collective 1 on their Voting Die

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I feel like at PMQs tomorrow Corbyn should just refer to Johnson as the member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip, since he's hardly even prime minister any more.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

the Tory whips haven't got as far as S yet

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Whip actually removed? Hahahaha eat poo poo conservatives, eat poo poo Bojo

Amazingly stupid threat that. Don't remove the whip, you look like a weak idiot who sucks. Do remove it, well enjoy your majority of -24 or some poo poo

It must reiterated: eat poo poo Bojo

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Reveilled posted:

I feel like at PMQs tomorrow Corbyn should just refer to Johnson as the member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip, since he's hardly even prime minister any more.

He should call him a EU plant, as he managed to get rid of more UK politicians in one day than the EU could in a new regulation.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I haven't been this excited for the destruction of the British Prime Minister since the fall of Robert Walpole (who nearly got hanged for abandoning Europe in the 1730s). :kheldragar:

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i dont wanna go to bed i wanna watch all this poo poo fall apart in real time thank god i don't have a full time job yet

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

also props to forkboy for the commitment to the Kiryu lifestyle

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

you're not actually providing any reason behind "oh but they might all change their minds", you just keep blindly repeating "well it's possible"

people have motivations and incentives to behave as they do, they're not just basing all their decisions on RNG, the rebels aren't all going to back the government tomorrow because they rolled a collective 1 on their Voting Die

I don't actually believe that the tories or brexiteers are human so it is possible that they may in fact be relying on a form of RNG

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

jaete posted:

Whip actually removed? Hahahaha eat poo poo conservatives, eat poo poo Bojo

Amazingly stupid threat that. Don't remove the whip, you look like a weak idiot who sucks. Do remove it, well enjoy your majority of -24 or some poo poo

It must reiterated: eat poo poo Bojo

Current majority of -43 actually.

It was +1 this morning.

:discourse:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Grouchio posted:

I haven't been this excited for the destruction of the British Prime Minister since the fall of Robert Walpole (who nearly got hanged for abandoning Europe in the 1730s). :kheldragar:

I prefer Spencer Perceval's destruction in 1812, as it happened via a bullet from an angry and weird man

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Ash Crimson posted:

I don't actually believe that the tories or brexiteers are human so it is possible that they may in fact be relying on a form of RNG

oh yeah I forgot you're the "lack of humanity in their eyes" poster

now I regret having wasted my time taking you even a tiny bit seriously

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 3, 2019

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I assume Boris was hoping that the deselection threat would keep most of them in line and he'd be able to look strong by kicking out Letwin and Grieve and maybe one or two others, instead having 21 of them lining up and yelling "bring it"

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Holy poo poo the front page of the Telegraph Business lmao

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1168995016913707009

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

oh yeah I forgot you're the "lack of humanity in their eyes" guy

now I regret having wasted my time taking you even a tiny bit seriously

I'm not actually a guy anymore lol

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49573555

Honestly it seems like the anti-Hard Brexit people are running the table on Boris at this point. If he can't get parliament to do a snap election before the vote, that would be that for his imagined win/win scenario. So in that case the UK would not leave the EU before the election, and it seems obvious that Boris will be slaughtered in an election.

Please correct my math as necessary there.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

jabby posted:

The pound jumped when Boris lost the vote

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Labour have played an absolute blinder here. I am so impressed by how much good political nouse they have been putting forward on big and small things.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The probable plan of "lose vote, call an election to crush the saboteurs" always had the problem that it relies on him keeping his authority and looking like a strong leader despite a loss but, well, lol.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm curious to see how Corbyn not going for a GE will play. I think his reasoning is sound, but it reads a bit funny if you don't know the details of what's going on.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
He wouldn't necessarily get slaughtered in an election, unfortunately

Even considering the absolute, nearly unprecedented battering he took tonight

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/wariotifo/status/1169014401459982338

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
God drat, I can't believe some people actually voted for this subhuman

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

Labour have played an absolute blinder here. I am so impressed by how much good political nouse they have been putting forward on big and small things.

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1169017035743027201
This is definitely the 'maximum Johnson humiliation' timeline.

Necrothatcher posted:

I'm curious to see how Corbyn not going for a GE will play. I think his reasoning is sound, but it reads a bit funny if you don't know the details of what's going on.

There will be plenty of people calling Corbyn frit, but at the end of the day being PM and not being able to even call an election is a really bad look for a supposed strongman leader.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

My take: Lol, just lol at the conservatives

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Necrothatcher posted:

I think it will play quite well, going "Sure we'll have one, but you know those politicians they lie all the time, so just let's wait till we get stuff sorted". Even most of the newspapers (with the express and Torygraph obvious exceptions) aren't really "backing" Boris as much as they did.

Barry Foster posted:

Oh indeed, but anything that weakens the Tories is good, especially if they do start going a full Cronos and start devouring each other.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

jabby posted:

Hahaha Jesus Christ. I spend about 95% of the time thinking Jezza and the front bench are sort of just barely scraping through and the other 5% I’m convinced it’s a genuine 4 dimensional chess play

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Can't really call this a brilliant Labour long play superplan

Its like everyone saying the England football team won an incredible match, when their opponents are all useless jellyfish spread across a pitch

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
For all the immensely good plays going on right now I would still poo poo myself at a GE. I cant trust the british public to not gently caress things up spectacularly and end up in super-turbo-megabrexit

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Barry Foster posted:

i think it sorta depends if the brexit party goes for him and with what angle

if he looks weak and loses that crowd he's loving done because who is voting for bojo tories at that point?

*burgeoning hope and memories of blue england maps furiously clash in my pinging brain*

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

jabby posted:

'maximum Johnson humiliation'

yes I think a number of Tories are into that

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/reuterspictures/status/1169009600101781512
She's still terrible, but I can't help but share her joy here.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1169014049390174210

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Ash Crimson posted:

I'm not actually a guy anymore lol

My apologies, I didn't mean to mis-gender you.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

Can't really call this a brilliant Labour long play superplan

Its like everyone saying the England football team won an incredible match, when their opponents are all useless jellyfish spread across a pitch

yeah but imagine that the england football team are also useless jellyfish so its an actual accomplishment

wait.. thats basically exactly what supporting england is like

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Hentai Jihadist posted:

i think it sorta depends if the brexit party goes for him and with what angle

if he looks weak and loses that crowd he's loving done because who is voting for bojo tories at that point?

*burgeoning hope and memories of blue england maps furiously clash in my pinging brain*

It'll be the weakness. The Brexit party will be convinced that They can do it. Even if Saint Nige says otherwise. I think Farage, whilst being much better at playing to the gallery than Boris, will end up coming unstuck when put up against the gammony fury of the people he has been coralling for years not getting what they want.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Igotadigbick posted:

For all the immensely good plays going on right now I would still poo poo myself at a GE. I cant trust the british public to not gently caress things up spectacularly and end up in super-turbo-megabrexit

i agree, but i still want one. time to know whether we're wasting our time or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Igotadigbick posted:

I think the longer Johnson can be kept around looking incompetent and incapable of delivering turbo Brexit, the more likely the Brexit Party will be heavily involved in a GE which is what will gently caress the Tories.