Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Mar 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i think that's just COINTELPRO

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Bloodnose posted:

Actually what do tankies do when America and China fall down on the same side of an issue

I guess you can tell from whether said tankie upholds Pol Pot or not.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lady Galaga posted:

I like how the tankies are peddling this guy as A Legitimate Global Times Journalist when he didn't carry press credentials or wear a press vest like every other press. Also they always focus on this dude and not the Shenzhen police dude who was also caught on the same day.

is this u

https://twitter.com/mattlef2/status/1161334487118221313?s=20

https://twitter.com/smarzeli/status/1168405111032492032?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ah so you think you can try to beat me to death? *flashes press badge*

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHftejWSvU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Graffiti only takes one person to put up so I'm hesitant to say it indicates the political views of a large part of the protesters.

The groups carrying US and colonial flags at the very least had a few dozen members, and people were arguing they were fringe.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
happy day after the day that nothing happened

I forgot what day yesterday was because, like I said, nothing whatsoever happened

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Did they move June 4th?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bloodnose posted:

Did they move June 4th?

I dunno, what happened on June 4th?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I dunno, what happened on June 4th?

the idea that Chinese people think "nothing happened" on June 4th 1989 is lolworthy western propaganda produced with about the same quality as steve crowder videos

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Typo posted:

the idea that Chinese people think "nothing happened" on June 4th 1989 is lolworthy western propaganda produced with about the same quality as steve crowder videos

if you say so

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I’m looking forward to touring the PRC legation in London next year, maybe they’ll bring a touch of class to the joint.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

happy day after the day that nothing happened

I forgot what day yesterday was because, like I said, nothing whatsoever happened

the e/n dating thread has failed this poor soul

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Typo posted:

yeah when i was talking to my mainlander friend about american cops, he said chinese cops liked to get physical through much of the 90s because it was in the aftermath of that thing that happened

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

sincx posted:

"I love bootlicking and I don't care who it's for"

you say "cop" I say internationalist anti-revisionist chekist

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

yeah when i was talking to my mainlander friend about american cops, he said chinese cops liked to get physical through much of the 90s because it was in the aftermath of that thing that happened

The mainlanders I've talked to mostly straight up say 1989 was controlled by "outside elements" and they are glad the party sent in the tanks

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Yeah the they have it split up where fat chengguan guys are in charge of beating up indigents and street sellers

so chinese cops now just hang out in police trailers while taking selfies with their new raybans and trying to avoid work

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Bro Dad posted:

Yeah the they have it split up where fat chengguan guys are in charge of beating up indigents and street sellers

back in the 90s there used to be old ladies (who no doubt missed pre-liberation days) in Chinese cities who tried to sell trinkets/toys etc outside elementary schools with the trinkets placed on a piece of blanket like western street vendors near tourist traps. The "chekists" would ceremonially show up every morning and flip over the blanket and mess everything up. But then they would leave and the old lady would just set it up again and sold items to students coming out of schools during lunch/recess/end of day (although students were warned by teachers that buying from private vendors was considered capitalist but kids being kids many bought stuff anyways). This happened every single day without fail.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Typo posted:

you say "cop" I say internationalist anti-revisionist chekist
yeah, well, you do you

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Typo posted:

back in the 90s there used to be old ladies (who no doubt missed pre-liberation days) in Chinese cities who tried to sell trinkets/toys etc outside elementary schools with the trinkets placed on a piece of blanket like western street vendors near tourist traps. The "chekists" would ceremonially show up every morning and flip over the blanket and mess everything up. But then they would leave and the old lady would just set it up again and sold items to students coming out of schools during lunch/recess/end of day (although students were warned by teachers that buying from private vendors was considered capitalist but kids being kids many bought stuff anyways). This happened every single day without fail.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Typo posted:

The mainlanders I've talked to mostly straight up say 1989 was controlled by "outside elements" and they are glad the party sent in the tanks

it's kind of you to post for tino while he's on probation

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
I disgorge this foul poo poo for your consumption

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cwXifDaCjE

wonderful level of projection here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cwXifDaCjE&t=2325s

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

lmao

this dude can only go on living the high life because he's being bankrolled as a propagandist by the most retrograde Republicans

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

disappointed in the ccp for not assassinating this guy.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

It says right there he's a billionaire, he's safe.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Darkman Fanpage posted:

unlike HK protesters ccp respects the rule of law

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Typo posted:

unlike HK protesters ccp respects the rule of law

shut up

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
question: is sucking dick legal in the ccp?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

literally? yeah nobody cares

metaphorically? its a party job requirement

like imagine if the chamber of commerce was literally the government, then imagine the kind of lickspittle sycophant that wants to make that a career

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

We had a convo about this earlier. You won't get arrested for it, but you're not given any of the legal rights you'd have as a straight. Xi also tends to crack down on LGBT gatherings, but he cracks down on everything, so it's not unique, but it does make it harder to be LGBT in China / change opinions about it.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

We had a convo about this earlier. You won't get arrested for it, but you're not given any of the legal rights you'd have as a straight. Xi also tends to crack down on LGBT gatherings, but he cracks down on everything, so it's not unique, but it does make it harder to be LGBT in China / change opinions about it.

Also depends where you are. Chengdu is considered the LGBT city so theres lots of bars, nightclubs, and gays making out in public. However the same thing in a low-tier city or village will get you shut down for embarrassing the local boss

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
thanks guys

really helped me understand Typo's posting

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

It says right there he's a billionaire, he's safe.

not safe enough to live in China

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

BULBASAUR posted:

thanks guys

really helped me understand Typo's posting

homophobic language is verbotten in CSPAM tho :byewhore:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

lmao

this dude can only go on living the high life because he's being bankrolled as a propagandist by the most retrograde Republicans

gifting Republicans is a noble profession

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

BULBASAUR posted:

Absolutely not. What other people are saying is tolerated is for the average citizen. But if you're a party member and somebody finds out you like dick? You're done.

Of course that's assuming you're male, as you're a bit more likely to be in the Chinese Communist Party. For ladies it's encouraged to enjoy the occasional penis, as long as you're married to it. This proud leftist party is extremely big on family values.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

sincx posted:

This Confucius x cosplay-Marx-Lenin crossover anime is terrible.

The USSR criminalized homosexuality so it is incorrect to accuse CCP of anti-Leninist "Confucius crossover" because of "family values"