Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Evergreen snype

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1167482149936742401?s=20

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hey reddit I lack all humanity and can't even muster up a basic level of empathy for my own parents, but am I the rear end in a top hat? I'm not, right?

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
my autism detector is going wild

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Taking pride in my job of eliminating as many jobs as possible.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RBC posted:

my autism detector is going wild

This isn't autism, this is a straight-up sociopath.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I don’t know if I’m getting super paranoid but I think my boss and her boss are using me as a pawn to build a case to try and fire another high level employee.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

hopefully soon he will self eliminate himself

The Nastier Nate posted:

my boss and her boss are using me as a pawn

this is undoubtedly happening

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

job creators vs job eliminators :classiclol:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

hell yeah accelerationism owns

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the sooner *every* job is automated the sooner we can FALGSC die in the climate apocalypse in peace

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

this is definitely the kind of person that would have ratted out their undesirable friends/family out to the nazis

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Someone broke something with an inbound freight receipt today and I was included in the email chain since it was my account. The guy who runs our systems sent an email explaining how to fix whatever was broken and since I had this position dropped on my last week with literally no training my reply was "I don't know what that means." He copied in my boss to an email saying I needed more training and my reply was "I agree. I don't know what I'm doing, the person who I'm supposed to ask for help is leaving Thursday, and I never got trained to begin with." And nobody replied.

Because training me would be time they can't give me since they haven't replaced the last 4 people who quit and now we're on a skeleton crew.

A co-worker asked me the question later in the day "why would you screw over the company you work for?" And my answer was "because they screw me every chance they get" she didn't seem thrilled about that reply.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

I don’t know if I’m getting super paranoid but I think my boss and her boss are using me as a pawn to build a case to try and fire another high level employee.

You should anonymously warn the target, imo. But that's mostly for thread content.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Hollandia posted:

You should anonymously warn the target, imo. But that's mostly for thread content.

Everyone involved in this scenario is upper management besides me so I’m not about to stick my neck out for someone making low 6 figures at the risk of pissing off higher 6 figures

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Len posted:

A co-worker asked me the question later in the day "why would you screw over the company you work for?" And my answer was "because they screw me every chance they get" she didn't seem thrilled about that reply.

time to hop a trolley youve spilled the beans to a stooge

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
does anyone have that tweet where it's like

boss makes a dollar
i make a dime
that was a saying from a simpler time

and then it says more

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Saucer Hovers posted:

time to hop a trolley youve spilled the beans to a stooge

The thing is either way I screw over my company. The problem was one of our different warehouses has a truckload to bring in. They want an appointment between 10am and 11am. They're going to ignore it and show up whenever they want. We have to drop what we're doing and work on their paperwork and unload them immediately.

I didn't have an appointment for that time block I had 615. They had issues with that and I didn't see a reason to double book them because like I said they're going to show up whenever I want. So why would I let the rude bitch two hours away get her way when the warehouse workers at my facility get screwed over more by it?

I mean she got her way because we just let Linda do whatever she wants but I don't understand why

Kanine posted:

does anyone have that tweet where it's like

boss makes a dollar
i make a dime
that was a saying from a simpler time

and then it says more

Boss makes a dollar
I make a dime
That was a poem
From a simpler time
Boss makes a hundred
I don't make jack
That's why I riot
To seize the means back

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Here is the tweet

https://twitter.com/DerLinkePixel/status/1166735419037376513

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
thx!

Rhythmancer
Jun 5, 2004
Mr. Saturn

The Bloop posted:

Pet deposit (not refundable) AND pet rent is very common in my area

I've been out apartment hunting lately and the newest insult has been mandatory charges for assigned parking spots to the tune of like 30-50 bucks a month.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I just really want to pat a bird

i used to feed the crows at the gas station I worked at almost every day and they never got quite close enough to pet but they'd just stop squawking when they got full and hang out until someone new scared them off

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Only 30-50$/month? I had to spend an extra $100/mo at one apartment, and yet the landlord NEVER actually enforced it the whole time I lived at that place.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rhythmancer posted:

I've been out apartment hunting lately and the newest insult has been mandatory charges for assigned parking spots to the tune of like 30-50 bucks a month.

With mine it's "valet trash service" which is mandatory and has a hefty fee (:dadjoke:)

Can't bring my own trash to the dumpster like a pleb (unless it's more than one standard kitchen bag or it's the weekend)

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Len posted:

The thing is either way I screw over my company. The problem was one of our different warehouses has a truckload to bring in. They want an appointment between 10am and 11am. They're going to ignore it and show up whenever they want. We have to drop what we're doing and work on their paperwork and unload them immediately.

I didn't have an appointment for that time block I had 615. They had issues with that and I didn't see a reason to double book them because like I said they're going to show up whenever I want. So why would I let the rude bitch two hours away get her way when the warehouse workers at my facility get screwed over more by it?

I mean she got her way because we just let Linda do whatever she wants but I don't understand why

This is anecdotal but doing shipping and receiving for several years with different companies has made me loving hate roughly half of all the truck drivers I've dealt with for these exact reasons (and every company that bends over backwards for them.) I don't give a gently caress if you got another stop you're running late for, dont show up an hour and a half late and expect the two trucks ahead of you who bothered to show up on time to get out your way, or the guy who showed up after receiving hours and threw a fit until our operations manager made us offload him, or the guy who cut ahead and refused to get off the dock. Something about owning your own truck makes you a colossal prick.

That said most UPS/FedEx people I've worked with were great to work with.

e oops

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
is there a thread anywhere on sa specifically for anarchism?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kanine posted:

GBS

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Kanine posted:

I'm sure there's a "kids say the darndest things" thread somewhere

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

chaleski posted:

That said most UPS/FedEx people I've worked with were great to work with.

e oops

strange, seems they have a union and employee morale isn't in the shitter? Wonder why

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kanine posted:

We dont let liberals post here

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Kanine posted:

this is definitely the kind of person that would have ratted out their undesirable friends/family out to the nazis

Look I know we all got sent to a concentration camp because of me but you should have seen how happy the SS officer was and he told me I did a good job and even gave me this gold star!

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

We dont let liberals post here

500 good dogs posted:

I'm sure there's a "kids say the darndest things" thread somewhere

sorry i asked

Kanine has issued a correction as of 03:20 on Sep 4, 2019

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

autism ZX spectrum posted:

strange, seems they have a union and employee morale isn't in the shitter? Wonder why

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Kanine posted:

my PMs

(we should start one in CSPAM)

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

T-man posted:

my PMs

(we should start one in CSPAM)

honeypot

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Say what you will about honeypots being a trap but at least you're trapped with delicious honey.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Shame Boy posted:

Look I know we all got sent to a concentration camp because of me but you should have seen how happy the SS officer was and he told me I did a good job and even gave me this gold star!

Nice.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Everyone involved in this scenario is upper management besides me so I’m not about to stick my neck out for someone making low 6 figures at the risk of pissing off higher 6 figures

lmao oh yeah definitely gently caress them then.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/josheidelson/status/1168971930017439744

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1169038113756332032

You're not employees. You're property.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

the amount of bootlicking in those replies