Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Me for all time https://twitter.com/yurifucker/status/1162189352429998080

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Edelgard owns

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Even on other routes besides Edelgard's own it's kinda like "Oh no! Edelgard is coming to abolish our unearned hereditary positions and our caste system based on a false religion!" It makes Claude even stranger since he plans to abandon the Alliance to be the King of Almyra no matter what the route, so he led a lot of people to their deaths to preserve a nation he either plans to abandon anyway or in his own route outright abolish instead of just surrendering.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

So, if Lysithea dies before the battle of Gronder in the GD route, who figures out the slitherers involvement?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/adrestiaaa/status/1166076910855688195

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

galagazombie posted:

Even on other routes besides Edelgard's own it's kinda like "Oh no! Edelgard is coming to abolish our unearned hereditary positions and our caste system based on a false religion!" It makes Claude even stranger since he plans to abandon the Alliance to be the King of Almyra no matter what the route, so he led a lot of people to their deaths to preserve a nation he either plans to abandon anyway or in his own route outright abolish instead of just surrendering.

For some reason, people don't like it when you forcibly invade their country and tell them that the way they live their lives is wrong and they need to submit to a new system of order or die.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Lotta imperial/colonialists in this thread with the "Well if they didn't want to die they shouldn't have fought so we could peacefully bring them our enlightened culture/rule."

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to colonize all the animes

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Andrast posted:

I'm going to colonize all the animes

I'm going to friend the ship out of you!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/fleurdeIia/status/1166051980546121728

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

No, it's only a revolution when it's your own country, once you bring it to someone elses country it's an invasion.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Onmi posted:

No, it's only a revolution when it's your own country, once you bring it to someone elses country it's an invasion.

who cares

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Andrast posted:

who cares

Claude

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

who cares about Claude

Like, get out of here you non-broken human being I'm here for the trainwrecks

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Claude forfeit his rights when he won't gaykiss me

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
For all his problems, Claude is still my mixed race baby and as a person who is mixed race, seeing that representation is awesome.

Where is the spoiler thread? I hear mention in the thread but can’t find it cause I’m an idiot.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Onmi posted:

The church is the truly sovereign power in Fodlan.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I would like to point out that Edelgard is actually correct because: she is my wife who deserves all of my love and support

sometimes your wife starts a war, and you just have to live with that
e: relevant tweet
emigear's content is great and I'm glad they also subscribe to the reasoning of "edelgard is wife"

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

I would like to point out that Edelgard is actually correct because: she is my wife who deserves all of my love and support

sometimes your wife starts a war, and you just have to live with that
e: relevant tweet

emigear's content is great and I'm glad they also subscribe to the reasoning of "edelgard is wife"

I mean given her love of Saber it was inevitable. It really has been a treat seeing all my fav lesbian artists slowly discover this game. :allears:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

jimmydalad posted:

For all his problems, Claude is still my mixed race baby and as a person who is mixed race, seeing that representation is awesome.

Where is the spoiler thread? I hear mention in the thread but can’t find it cause I’m an idiot.

It's here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895657

Please appreciate the very important Manuela post I have made at the end.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Holy poo poo, Catherine is Thunder God Cid.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ah, screw it, I think I'm gonna abort my GD run for BEE so I could get the context for all this discourse

Goodbye, my 18 Str/16 Spd Claude at level 10

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Ah, screw it, I think I'm gonna abort my GD run for BEE so I could get the context for all this discourse

Goodbye, my 18 Str/16 Spd Claude at level 10

GD probably gives the most context out of all the routes

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Hmm I see, okay then

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I haven't seen many people talk about this at all, but I think the linked attack system is actually a really clever way to handle support bonuses. It subtly makes the game more offence- and player phase-oriented, which is generally what you want instead of making players turtle it up. See, in previous games supports always engaged whenever you were a certain distance from your partner, (or literally merged with them in the case of Awakening) which mostly encourages a playstyle where you sit your tidy little support group in enemy range and watch as the tidal wave of enemies fails to move their maximum buffed stats.

Here, you can't really do that since for one, the stats gained from only one supporting ally are relatively small, and for two, since you need careful positioning to take advantage of it and that's hard to arrange when you can't tell exactly how your enemies are going to move (and actually, I'm not even sure if linked attacks can be activated on enemy phase.) Instead the game clearly wants you to make concentrated assaults on player phase where you surround tough enemies to take them out. Which at least to me leads to fun gameplay and interesting situations more often!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

EP tactics are also less viable because enemies can have Battalions, and Gambits are uncounterable. I also agree that making PP more viable makes the game more fun, since you're being more proactive instead of, as you said, turtling it with your super unit of choice.

That said, I will say that Stride makes PP kinda too easy, and Wrath/Battalion Wrath (esepcially when you add Vantage in the mix) is still overwhelmingly powerful on EP without support bonuses, even considering enemy Gambits, that you can still just turtle it anyway, but I think it's a step in the right direction.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Sep 4, 2019

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

If you wanted to make turtling and slow play entirely unviable I think you would pretty much need to make a different game (and also push away a large percentage of the playerbase probably). I think it's fine that it's merely not encouraged.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like how there's a scorching lava field called Ailell that just exists but the major religion has no concept of Hell itself and the devout are like "what a poo poo idea that is"

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Do paralogue battles just stop after the timeskip?

I’ve got plenty of A and S ranks but I haven’t had a paralogue battle come up in a long time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Do paralogue battles just stop after the timeskip?

I’ve got plenty of A and S ranks but I haven’t had a paralogue battle come up in a long time.

They do exist, but it depends on your route. Edelgard doesn't get several like Casper and Mercede's shared Paralogue.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I’m on chapter 17 in GD and if I’m remembering right I think most of the paralogues I did were shared.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

There are fewer paralogues post-time skip, but there are still some.

On Golden Deer, you should get paralogues for Claude, Marianne, and possibly Rhea if you got at least her C-rank support. There are also shared paralogues that require you to have recruited someone from another house--there's a paralogue that Lysithea shares with Ferdinand, and one that Leonie shares with Linhardt. (There's also a Caspar/Mercedes one but neither of them are Golden Deer students so I don't know if you have either.)

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

RBA Starblade posted:

I like how there's a scorching lava field called Ailell that just exists but the major religion has no concept of Hell itself and the devout are like "what a poo poo idea that is"

edelgard does say "what the hell" at one point though, proving once again that she and her route suck and this is a 1//10 game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm pretty sure there's a concept of hell, or at least of a generic "bad afterlife where you're on fire." Several people refer to "the eternal flames" as a place you go after you die, including Sylvain's extremely :stare: kill quote, "Burn until we meet again."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Amppelix posted:

I haven't seen many people talk about this at all, but I think the linked attack system is actually a really clever way to handle support bonuses. It subtly makes the game more offence- and player phase-oriented, which is generally what you want instead of making players turtle it up. See, in previous games supports always engaged whenever you were a certain distance from your partner, (or literally merged with them in the case of Awakening) which mostly encourages a playstyle where you sit your tidy little support group in enemy range and watch as the tidal wave of enemies fails to move their maximum buffed stats.

tbf Fates also encouraged the player-phase by nerfing dodge and making attacks super-punishing, you actually had to split up sometimes in conquest because you needed all hands on deck(because if the enemy got a turn they would absolutely kill someone)

TH does it a lot better though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harrow posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a concept of hell, or at least of a generic "bad afterlife where you're on fire." Several people refer to "the eternal flames" as a place you go after you die, including Sylvain's extremely :stare: kill quote, "Burn until we meet again."

Gilbert said that's not in the book, nor is cleansing your sins in the Fire. Monks just do it anyway lol. Apparently it's just a popular idea (except with Dimitri lol) but the faith doesn't actually teach it.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

galagazombie posted:

When you beat Claude with Eldegard it's basically Hey, can't you help, we have the same goals after all? "Nah, me being there will complicate things politically, Eldegard needs a clean win"

Arkeus fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 4, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lol i love the dialogue of this game
(Spoilers for the second part of the game)
dorethea : "we killed ferdie, professor. he used to be our friend" not mine lmao Golden deer proud and loud
we killed ferdie.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Gilbert said that's not in the book, nor is cleansing your sins in the Fire. Monks just do it anyway lol. Apparently it's just a popular idea (except with Dimitri lol) but the faith doesn't actually teach it.

Huh, I missed that. I kinda like that better actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Also am I the only one who wonders if (IRT Rhea and Slytherin)

Rhea's take of her benevolent mother goddess bestowing her gifts upon the Agarthians only to have them grow corrupt and try to overthrow her is possibly skewed? Maybe it was more that Sothis was benevolent and tyrannical in the same breath much like Rhea is.

That's because that isn't the true story. The goddess didn't bestow gifts on them at all--they're stolen. The Church maintains the story that the crests and relics are gifts from the goddess because they're out there now and if people believe they come from the goddess's benevolence, then that helps the Church retain power. They're "proof" of the goddess's power and protection of humanity.