Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Lycus posted:

Who said "Not a good start, Boris!"?

Skinner I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OwlFancier posted:

I can't remember what the malfunction of the various UK communist parties is to be completely honest.

IIRC the major British communist party was essentially run by Moscow, and when the Soviet Union collapsed so did they because they didn't have much in the way of original native leadership.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yet another example of communism leading the way. We were collapsing parties due to leadership failures decades before neoliberalism managed to do it.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Humiliation for loser Johnson

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Yesterday was poo poo apart from politics, which is not something I was expecting to say.

Now I'm off to teach my team how to protect themselves from a sadistic dick-swinging middle-management duo who thought it would be cool to have two separate meetings yesterday to humiliate two people they shouldn't have brought onto a project in the first place, so they could ultimately kick them out and make giddy jokes about how hardcore they are.

It was gross, unprofessional and incredibly unpleasant, and affected me pretty badly, but after some time to reflect I'm loving ready for this

Have a great day UKMT, you're wonderful <3

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

gently caress those assholes up!

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

IrvingWashington posted:

Yesterday was poo poo apart from politics, which is not something I was expecting to say.

Now I'm off to teach my team how to protect themselves from a sadistic dick-swinging middle-management duo who thought it would be cool to have two separate meetings yesterday to humiliate two people they shouldn't have brought onto a project in the first place, so they could ultimately kick them out and make giddy jokes about how hardcore they are.

It was gross, unprofessional and incredibly unpleasant, and affected me pretty badly, but after some time to reflect I'm loving ready for this

gently caress em up! Whooooooaaargh

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hardcore, Maurice Glasman, "leader" of Blue Labour, is hanging out with the Communist Party of Britain, brought together by Brexit.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1169027184696184832

ISF once again knocking it out the park.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
A busy night of Johnson humiliation, with 21 naughty boys and girls getting strictly Dommed (no Cummings).

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
A good morning to wake up to after a terrible evening. (Tory FiL reduced wife to tears. But this was made better when I got to tell him Johnson had lost his majority.)

One thing that's just crossed my mind - JRM and his likes have been shorting the pound for months - we could see a situation where Corbyn takes command, halts NDB, and causes the pound to spike - costing them millions!

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

EDIT - also happy my MP no longer a Tory.....

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 4, 2019

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

IrvingWashington posted:

Yes get in there my dude, don't forget to ask if they want a blindfold or not.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Grey Hunter posted:

One thing that's just crossed my mind - JRM and his likes have been shorting the pound for months - we could see a situation where Corbyn takes command, halts NDB, and causes the pound to spike - costing them millions!

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Theyve already made their bag on different positions, it's not like it's all riding on one big bet that's gonna come in on Oct31

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Failed Imagineer posted:

A busy night of Johnson humiliation, with 21 naughty boys and girls getting strictly Dommed (no Cummings).

Goddamnit I accidentally opened the spam version bookmark again didn't I.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
cometh the hour, cometh the man

the hour has come. the man is jo swinson

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Qwertycoatl posted:

Humiliation for loser Johnson

johnson is short, fails to perform

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Scrolling through all the pages from last night I could have quoted about a million posts but I will just declare that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

johnson is short, fails to perform

(Across, 5)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

LOSER

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Feels like a real change is in the air. The criticism of Mogg is particularly interesting. He's historically been mocked for being out-of-touch and archaic in a way that's broadly complementary and playing into his character. Portraying him as lazy and slovenly is a real change in tone, and one he can't play off of. I could easily see the press going for May for being shite, and even going for Johnson as the fall-guy for brexit....but Mogg was a bit of an institution and fan-favourite. Someone behind the scenes has had enough. Looking forward to the Tories having to enter a GE with Johnson as their leader, with a party utterly fractured over brexit and with the Brexit party nipping at their heels.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

winegums posted:

Feels like a real change is in the air. The criticism of Mogg is particularly interesting. He's historically been mocked for being out-of-touch and archaic in a way that's broadly complementary and playing into his character. Portraying him as lazy and slovenly is a real change in tone, and one he can't play off of. I could easily see the press going for May for being shite, and even going for Johnson as the fall-guy for brexit....but Mogg was a bit of an institution and fan-favourite. Someone behind the scenes has had enough. Looking forward to the Tories having to enter a GE with Johnson as their leader, with a party utterly fractured over brexit and with the Brexit party nipping at their heels.

As I keep saying, the Right-Wing worship Strength above everything else, so the second someone shows weakness or a change in character they start trying to eat each other.

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013
For the first time in my life, I do not live in a Conservative seat. Weird.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Lycus posted:

Dennis Skinner, I believe

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

IrvingWashington posted:

Do to them what Boris did to himself

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

https://twitter.com/tpgcolson/status/1169016352893480962

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Are the opposition going to vote for an election on October 14th?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Barry Foster posted:

Dennis Skinner, I believe

I unaccountably had never heard of him before. He owns.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lycus posted:

When Boris did his "I don't want a GE, the public don't want a GE, Corbyn doesn't want a GE" I'm sure I heard a very small voice say "Yes, I do".

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Ms Adequate posted:

It's truly, truly amazing. Most people were expecting that if we won this vote at all, it would be by a margin of like, one. If one wished to be very optimistic, you'd push that as high as five! Everyone was convinced that we'd be lucky to see more than one Tory do this, half a dozen would be at the very wildest bounds of plausibility; 21 was bonkeys Looney Tunes talk.

In short, Boris Johnson is so incompetent, so stupid, and so hated that he may have actually caused irreperable damage to the Conservative Party.

This is what I still can't believe. I was so sure that at best we'd see half a dozen rebels and No Deal would hang on by a slim margin. For 22 Tories to suddenly grow a spine all at once shows just how badly Boris has hosed it up. Even May at her worst still kept the party loosely united together for 3 years. Boris has managed to un-do that in a single day in an impressive display of arrogance and incompetence.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I wonder if "Not a good start, Boris" is going to be the next "Speak for England, Arthur".

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

qhat posted:

It depends. They want to first pass a block on no deal. The issue with just allowing an election to be called is Johnson can use it to delay the opposition and then move it at the last minute to after October 17th. Hes shown already he is willing to abuse his powers to undermine opposition.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

qhat posted:

Once an extension is legally secured, yes. They don't want to risk Boris overturning the bill once Parliament has shut down.

Also the date is now expected to be the 15th, as the Tories have finally caught onto the poor optics about about holding an election on a Jewish holiday while accusing their opponents of antisemitism.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Absolute scenes yesterday, can't wait for PMQs.

BTW I caught some of the scenes and I swear Boris was speaking directly to Corbyn instead of to the speaker about Corbyn, was noticeably ruffled

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

But elections have to be on a Thursday I can't cope with this :psyduck:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I assume the top priority in the audiovisual department of parliament TV is making sure there's a microphone near Dennis Skinner that's on and working at all times

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sanford posted:

But elections have to be on a Thursday I can't cope with this :psyduck:

That's actually a point, do you think a lot of olds will forget and not vote if it isn't a thursday?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Boris has done a lot of things, but having a general election on a day I won't be able to stay up all night for is a personal insult.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Lots of media Tory supporters wittering about how Labour are clearly going to be in trouble if there is an election and how it'll be simple to win etc.

It's the pure imbecility that gets me sometimes.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Ms Adequate posted:

It can be done more quickly but it requires fairly unusual circumstances, cf. post-WW2 Germany and Japan (And Japan isn't exactly the most flourishing, hundred-schools-of-thought democracy around even by Liberal Democracy standards)

The missing ingredient to a successfully implanted democracy is bombing the population back to the stone age and inflicting gross national trauma on them.

I was just in Japan and they make their primary and preschool children go through the Hiroshima memorial. This includes all the gory bits that even I find quite disturbing. I think the Western world could stand to learn something from that to reduce all the warmongering that goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean yeah it's gonna be hard for labour to put together something that will appeal to everyone they need to.

But it's gonna be a bit harder, I think, for boris to mount an effective election campaign having just hosed his party and possibly brexit too :v: