Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they'll announce a port of the 2013 tomb raider and put lara croft in smash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Lee Carvallo

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Just received my repaired joycon, just sent me new ones it seems. Don't notice anything different, so I'm wondering if these are from the new switch model\generation.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

as a bad at strategy (or just not in a place of life rn where i have the dedication to think and instead want to enjoy the campy animes plot) i tried to just auto combat the first real event in three houses, where I'm supposed to be guarding the coffin during the big holiday, and they just ended up running into the death knight and annoying him :rip:

i guesssss i will be forced to manually make a few movement decisions

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bulgakov posted:

as a bad at strategy (or just not in a place of life rn where i have the dedication to think and instead want to enjoy the campy animes plot) i tried to just auto combat the first real event in three houses, where I'm supposed to be guarding the coffin during the big holiday, and they just ended up running into the death knight and annoying him :rip:

i guesssss i will be forced to manually make a few movement decisions

On normal casual you really don't need to think much

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Reallycoolname posted:

Astral Chain is great but it has some serious "first game in the franchise" jank where some of the mechanics can be safely thrown into the incinerator.

lol at the idea of Platinum removing any mechanic instead of doubling down on it

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Spyro sure is LAGGY AS gently caress on the Switch, I'm shocked this got released tbh.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Taear posted:

Spyro sure is LAGGY AS gently caress on the Switch, I'm shocked this got released tbh.

If Bloodstained can get released, anything can

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Andrast posted:

On normal casual you really don't need to think much

thats what I thought!!

I was hoping the auto battle thing maybe knew about the battle conditions laid out in a scenario but welp

time to do it myself in like 25 or less turns

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
not surprised the TL2 port is bad - when TL2 first came out it was a buggy wreck for months and I got the impression the whole thing was just barely holding itself together, not exactly the best foundation for a solid port

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Andrast posted:

If Bloodstained can get released, anything can

True - but at least they acknowledged it. I've not really seen anything about Spyro.
When it's a platformer (or a metroidvania like Bloodstained) that lag is so obvious and horrible.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

well why not posted:

lol at the idea of Platinum removing any mechanic instead of doubling down on it

I mean, they've got the sword mechanic from MG:R in Astral Chain for god's sake.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

bushisms.txt posted:

Just received my repaired joycon, just sent me new ones it seems. Don't notice anything different, so I'm wondering if these are from the new switch model\generation.

Do you recall how long after their received them (via UPS tracking) did they update their site to reflect that they did? They received mine last Monday and still haven't updated the site 9 days later to reflect that, still showing awaiting return of items.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

TraderStav posted:

Do you recall how long after their received them (via UPS tracking) did they update their site to reflect that they did? They received mine last Monday and still haven't updated the site 9 days later to reflect that, still showing awaiting return of items.

I'm in the midst of a joycon repair. I shipped via UPS and got confirmation from UPS that he package was delivered three days after I shipped it. Five days ago (two weeks since shipping) I got confirmation from Nintendo that the repair facility recieve the joycons.

Edit: I want to add that I've had to deal with Nintendo repairs for my 3DS and Wii U. 3DS came with several dead pixels out of the box and one of the Wii U gamepad's analog sticks died within the first year of owning it. Both of those repairs took <2 weeks until the item was back in my possession. They must be getting hammered with joycon repairs.

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Sep 4, 2019

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

TraderStav posted:

It took me 2 weeks (10 business days) to get an email saying they were received. I sent them 2 JoyCons, and they opened up another repair order. For some reason, one says 'In-Warranty' and the other doesn't, so I'm hoping they both get fixed.

After a couple of days of the status not being updated after they received my JoyCons, I did an online chat with Nintendo and they confirmed they're swamped with warranty repairs and it's taking a while. They mentioned it could take up to 30 days to get your repair back.

lovely, but better than paying a ton of money for a new set I guess.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
HAL Labs just started hiring up for the next Kirby title, so don't expect too much from that franchise for the next, what, year and a half?

https://twitter.com/HAL_Laboratory/status/1169082800353333251

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

im legit super excited for the release of a remake of an ancient zelder game

link between worlds slapped. botw is botw and is just ridiculously good game and I've played all the hours of it. now i'm ready to be re-awakened!!!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm in the midst of a joycon repair. I shipped via UPS and got confirmation from UPS that he package was delivered three days after I shipped it. Five days ago (two weeks since shipping) I got confirmation from Nintendo that the repair facility recieve the joycons.

Edit: I want to add that I've had to deal with Nintendo repairs for my 3DS and Wii U. 3DS came with several dead pixels out of the box and one of the Wii U gamepad's analog sticks died within the first year of owning it. Both of those repairs took <2 weeks until the item was back in my possession. They must be getting hammered with joycon repairs.

BoyBlunder posted:

It took me 2 weeks (10 business days) to get an email saying they were received. I sent them 2 JoyCons, and they opened up another repair order. For some reason, one says 'In-Warranty' and the other doesn't, so I'm hoping they both get fixed.

After a couple of days of the status not being updated after they received my JoyCons, I did an online chat with Nintendo and they confirmed they're swamped with warranty repairs and it's taking a while. They mentioned it could take up to 30 days to get your repair back.

lovely, but better than paying a ton of money for a new set I guess.

Thanks for the data points. I also included both my L and R joycons, hoping that mine is complicated as well. I'm fine with taking their time and wanted to make sure my experience is similar to others. Appreciate it.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
IGN tossed up some new impressions of Link's Awakening. Apparently it still has performance issues? That seems kind of insane.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Toaster Beef posted:

IGN tossed up some new impressions of Link's Awakening. Apparently it still has performance issues? That seems kind of insane.

isnt the whole point of a cutesy art style like that to take advantage of the hardware you have? that's nuts.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

grezzo has had such competency at remakes before. that'd be disappointing.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Al-Saqr posted:

isnt the whole point of a cutesy art style like that to take advantage of the hardware you have? that's nuts.

cutesy doesn't mean simple

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

bro for a while they couldn’t get loving Tetris to run right on the PS4. Some company releases a botched port with massive delays. I think it was eventually patched but still

Tetris

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

The 7th Guest posted:

they'll announce a port of the 2013 tomb raider and put lara croft in smash

They could probably make all three work. Rise had a 360 version that was just fine. This gen has been so loving marginal on the Xbox/PS side.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Mario Sunshine 2. With Flubwhatever Joycon controls.

Oh poo poo. Mario Sunshine x Splatoon. Asymmetrical multiplayer.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
If a port of Super Mario 3D World isn’t announced then Nintendo is officially dead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I kinda think we're far out enough from Odyssey's release that it wouldn't be Sunshine-themed DLC unless it was a bigass expansion pack. I'm personally hoping for a HD remake that fixes Super Mario Sunshine's issues like 240 Blue Coins to collect with no way to track which ones you've found, because I love the poo poo out of the game.

Either way, gimme more Super Mario Sunshine :shepspends:.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Nintendo direct will be 30 mins of unreleased NES games

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sunshine fixes:

Every blue coin is in every instance of a level, one's you've collected are still there and translucent ship you know you got them already (for ones you spray a painting to make pop out the painting has some mark denoting you already got it)

Pachinko Machine, make the losing holes not instant death, widen the winning holes

Crazy yoshi pipe that's a pain to get to in hub, put one of those Piantas that throws you on the beach and have him throw you and Yoshi all the way to the pipe

Cutscenes - skippable

Game overs - start back in the stage you were in, or sub stage, not the hub

That would get rid of like 90% of the annoying parts of the game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Nintendo direct will be 30 mins of unreleased NES games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucGcQH6lN0M

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
There is a per level blue coin counter in sunshine, its just on the map not the actual totals screen. You kind of have to work out theres 30 per level on your own, however.

I still don't really get the hate for blue coins, theres a couple of really dumb badly hidden ones but for the most part they're a reward for exploring and spraying everything. Theres no extra content hidden behind 100% so why bother if you're not enjoying hunting them down?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My friend legitimately had this game. I’ve played it, it’s awful.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mr Phillby posted:

There is a per level blue coin counter in sunshine, its just on the map not the actual totals screen. You kind of have to work out theres 30 per level on your own, however.

I still don't really get the hate for blue coins, theres a couple of really dumb badly hidden ones but for the most part they're a reward for exploring and spraying everything. Theres no extra content hidden behind 100% so why bother if you're not enjoying hunting them down?

There's 30 per level, but some are only found in particular instances of levels, so if you are looking for 5 you didn't get, it's impossible to know which Shine mission you need to select

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

nintendo will become a family friend company again if we're lucky

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The blue coin thing IS a problem, but putting them in every shine/version of the level won't really solve it because things change so some will be inside a solid object or impossibly out of reach (but you may not know that and spend a lot of time trying)

Best solution is to put a per instance/shine/version counter both on the mission select screen and during play showing both the current and target number.

Maybe even add amiibo functionality like Bowser in Odyssey if they want to go that far with the port.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pretty sure I'm going to pick up Dragon Quest 11.

The demo just keeps going and going and going, and I'm like 3 1/2 hours in and I'm really enjoying it.

Tickles all the right parts of my RPG lizard brain.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Sunshine fixes:

Every blue coin is in every instance of a level, one's you've collected are still there and translucent ship you know you got them already (for ones you spray a painting to make pop out the painting has some mark denoting you already got it)

Pachinko Machine, make the losing holes not instant death, widen the winning holes

Crazy yoshi pipe that's a pain to get to in hub, put one of those Piantas that throws you on the beach and have him throw you and Yoshi all the way to the pipe

Cutscenes - skippable

Game overs - start back in the stage you were in, or sub stage, not the hub

That would get rid of like 90% of the annoying parts of the game
I feel like a better yoshi pipe fix would be to not have the poor creature be water soluble in the first place.

I don't agree with your the blue coin changes, theres no need to have them cluttering up the levels once you've nabbed them when a detailed totals screen for blue coins would be more convenient for establishing which you have. Also I liked the level specific blue coins fight me.

There's 30 per level, but some are only found in particular instances of levels, so if you are looking for 5 you didn't get, it's impossible to know which Shine mission you need to select
Generally blue coins are all accessable in the last mission or tied to a mission specific change to the level or a sub area only accessable in a specific mission. Its really not that bad if you were paying attention which is why I liked hunting them. But yeah an icon on the mission select to indicate which missions have unique uncollected blue coins would be a welcome edition.

Honestly I love sunshine a lot but I'd really rather have a completely new game with the same setting than a touch up/rerelease. A sunshine 2 where you can explore the entire island would be dope as poo poo.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Pretty sure I'm going to pick up Dragon Quest 11.

The demo just keeps going and going and going, and I'm like 3 1/2 hours in and I'm really enjoying it.

Tickles all the right parts of my RPG lizard brain.

I finished it up at just over 7, you've got a lot left to enjoy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sunshine fixes:

Also mark their locations on the level map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Infinitum posted:

Tickles all the right parts of my RPG wizard brain.

I think this is more fitting, given the context.