Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I'm withholding money I didn't earn from a dying child because my dad ruined my childhood when I was 25 years old. AITA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
A health care system that will let a child die because they couldn't afford treatment sounds like the real enemy here.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

AITA for refusing to use the money I inherited from my mother to pay for medical treatment for my half-sister, who has a life threatening sickness? She is the child of my father and the woman he cheated on my mother with.

This is why you should have cut off all contact and never spoke again.

Xik posted:

A health care system that will let a child die because they couldn't afford treatment sounds like the real enemy here.

Same. Plenty of people get left to die because they dont even have the hope of a rich relative

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Xik posted:

But any decent story will have room for both a villain and a spiteful jerk. Just because one is guilty of the greater wrong doesn't mean that there's something wrong with disliking the other more.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
That kid doesn't deserve the money my mother worked her whole life for, unlike me, who

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

OP doesn’t owe his half sibling anything. poo poo sucks but you can’t be expected to open your wallet for every blood relation. Sounds like they don’t even interact with each other, they, just share a sperm donor.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Surprisingly drama free:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7416305/Maid-honor-dresses-T-REX-sisters-wedding-told-wear-anything.html

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Dazerbeams posted:

OP doesn’t owe his half sibling anything. poo poo sucks but you can’t be expected to open your wallet for every blood relation. Sounds like they don’t even interact with each other, they, just share a sperm donor.

You’re right that he doesn’t owe her or his father anything. This is why wealth taxes should be stricter and affordable/free medical care should be available for all.

As it stands now, though, he’s probably going to blow up his relationship with his father, which is fine if that’s what he wants, especially if she does die.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for asking my girlfriend to leave my flat on our anniversary

quote:

Alright now hear me out, last week was mine and my girlfriends 1 year anniversary. I invited her over to mine, and to celebrate I made (what I think was) a really romantic candle lit dinner. Now this thing took me ages to make, 3 courses, I even made lasagna from scratch, fresh pasta and everything.

It’s probably the best thing I can make but I don’t do it often because it is a LOT of effort, I’m talking maybe around 10 hours for the whole thing. Not even mentioning the cost of ingredients which was maybe 20-25 quid, not sure exactly.

Well... she came round Saturday night and we had dinner (which in fear of sound like a bit of a oval office was loving perfect) and afterward we went and sat on the sofa.

That’s when she pulled out a present for me, now we’re both students and we’ve not got loads of cash on hand, so it’s not like I was expecting her to buy me anything, we hadn’t even discussed presents or anything beforehand.

It ended up being a watch, nothing too flashy maybe 40-50 pounds, being honest it was a nice gift so I thanked her for it. But that’s when she turned to me and said “so what did you get me”

I replied “what?” She repeated “what did you get me for our anniversary”

I told her I didn’t get her a present, this for some reason upset her, she started asking why I didn’t get her anything special? Now the fact she even asked me that pissed me off a little. I told her I put a lot of effort into tonight and that I thought that was worth more than anything I could just buy.

She told me all her mates had gotten necklaces or bracelets or whatever the gently caress from their boyfriends on their anniversary’s and that she would’ve preferred it if I’d just bought her something instead of what I’d actually done.

At this point I was loving fuming, so I just told her if that’s how she felt she should get out, so I gave her back the watch and made her leave, the next day I awoke to a bombardment of texts from her friends saying how much of a dickhead I was to throw my gf out on our anniversary. Honestly this whole ordeal has made me rethink the whole relationship, I just need to know...

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Ten hours to make a lasagna? Did he grow the loving wheat himself or what?

e: But all gifts are an act of aggression so technically he is in the right here sorry everyone

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Xik posted:

e: But all gifts are an act of aggression so technically he is in the right here sorry everyone

I guess if you count going to the shops and poo poo and making the pasta maybe? He’s probably counting like cleaning and poo poo in there too.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for saying to my friend who used to be into me that I "wish I could find a guy like him"?

quote:

So there's this guy I've been friends with since elementary school (we're in our mid 20s now), I'll call him Matt. We're really close and share our deepest secrets, have been there for each other and stuff. Never been romantically involved though, just never saw him like that.

We did have a falling out a few years ago because he developed feelings but I wasn't having it, didn't really see him like that or want to risk ruining our friendship. Well, ironically we stopped talking for a bit since we wanted different things but eventually he came back into my life, everything's been fine...

...Until the other night. Lately I haven't had the best of luck with guys and had some lovely dates where I was hurt pretty bad. I was hanging out with Matt and venting about it, and eventually said... well, what I said in the title. I mean, that's a good thing isn't it?

Well, sure enough he was passive the rest of the night and he left without saying goodbye and now he's ignoring my calls and texts. AITA? I would have thought that's a complement...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lasagna takes like no time to make other than, like, baking and its a cheap romantic dinner and in no way is 30 dollars a highfalutin dinner.

That all said "Id rather you have bought me something" is fuckin stone cold.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lucrece posted:

AITA for saying to my friend who used to be into me that I "wish I could find a guy like him"?

Yes lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lucrece posted:

Im imagining lassie barking at this lady in increasing frustration for several minutes before just saving timmy from the well her drat self

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Barudak posted:

Im imagining lassie barking at this lady in increasing frustration for several minutes before just saving timmy from the well her drat self

I would watch this show.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As a reminder, Lassie killed a man in cold blooded revenge by pushing him off a mountain so that lady who wouldnt let her sister borrow her dress better watch out.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Act 1: Timmy falls into an abandoned Nazi bunker or something.

Act 2: Eight minutes of continuous barking.

Act 3: Dog with a rope.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Xik posted:

Maybe he's related to French macaroon guy.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lucrece posted:

assuming this is real this is the incel white whale

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

chitoryu12 posted:

I’ve never encountered any bar that didn’t allow you to wear sneakers, even ones with a dress code. Also almost every bouncer I’ve encountered has been outside the door, so trying to do BJJ on you on the sidewalk over a disagreement would be legal grounds for self-defense.

The vast majority of places sneakers are fine, but if the place is fancy enough, you're not getting in without dress shoes. I'm not saying don't wear sneakers when you go out drinking, just don't expect to automatically get into the Hemingway or whatever.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Who even goes out anymore when you can sit at home with a fleshlight firmly planted on your cock and a VR headset showing you visions of your anime waifu stomping on your balls forever

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Pinecone Sample posted:

My Husband [39M] knows about my [36F] 6 month long affair but hasn't told me. What can I do?

quote:

Nick and I started so innocent, we would go out to work outings together and sit close by and talk, I started sitting in his lap

Like you do

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean, yeah, if you're a pekingese

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Reminiscent of that letter to Dan Savage where the woman was comforting a coworker, "one thing lead to another," and she ended up blowing him. Gotta love the way people phrase these things as something inevitable they had no control over.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sunswipe posted:

Reminiscent of that letter to Dan Savage where the woman was comforting a coworker, "one thing lead to another," and she ended up blowing him. Gotta love the way people phrase these things as something inevitable they had no control over.

'one thing led to another' is its own punchline nowadays, but especially in r/relationships.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Motronic posted:

That's great. And you have no idea who is, because the people who do so, especially legally, will never tip their hand or let you know.

lol

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You don't understand, he told me he'd been given the same poison Jason Statham had in Crank, and if he didn't keep adrenaline in his system he would die! I had to have sex with him!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

You are my servant, really!!!

quote:

My (35F) boyfriend (50M) and I have been together for 5 years and we have a 10 month old. He has been unemployed for 1.5 years now, and before that for 6 months. He is demanding for our son to start daycare because it is "too much." I asked him if it is reasonable for him to find a job within a month after our son starts daycare and this is what he said "Once he's in daycare he stays. Your not dictating to me. I am not your servant. I continue to seek work. You just don't get it still. Its beyond my control. And I refuse your counter assertions but will accept any partnering beneficial for our family."

Is one month reasonable?

TL;DR - Partner doesn't want me to give him time limit on finding job once our son goes to daycare, am I being unreasonable?

Edit: Daycare is paid for by my son's Tribe

Real rash of 'shiftless, chronically unemployed boyfriend' stories lately.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

I wasn't aware that Pekingese were notoriously promiscuous

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

bamhand posted:

I'm amazed this works in America, land of the gun. I assume being a black bouncer would suuuuck.

MarcusSA posted:

Not really.

Edit: for more context absolutely no one will gently caress with the big black bouncer who looks like he could snap you in half.

Motronic posted:

That's......not how America works. It's how the fear mongers would lead you to believe, but it's simply not the average reality.

i don't know why more Americans don't consider this more closely but:

the reason the big black bouncer is so effective in America is the same reason black people get shot and murdered more often

it's because white Americans are scared of black Americans

so we post them up as our gatekeepers bc we figure that's the scariest thing to see

so yes it IS a dangerous job and yes, black bouncers DO get hurt, you're just assuming they don't because of course you won't 'gently caress with the black bouncer' because you're scared of him bc he's black

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 4, 2019

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Waiting on the story of the guy’s ex-fiancé killing herself to show up here. It’s a doozie.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 4, 2019

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I want to break up with my bf because of his severe nut allergy

quote:

TLDR: my boyfriend has a severe nut allergy. I need nuts to literally not die. What do

Just some backstory: we've been dating for almost two years now and are currently uni students living together with mutual friends. I'm happy to keep dating him but he thinks about long-term dating including marriage and beyond. While I would love to settle down with him, I can't imagine living this way for the rest of my life

I know I sound quite rude about it but honestly I don't know what to do. He has a severe nut allergy and I have severe intolerances to lots of different food. It just so happens that one of the few ways I can keep my protein and fat levels normal is by having nuts, specifically peanuts which is the biggest thing he's allergic to (he goes into anaphylactic shock)

My dilemma is this: 1) I either have peanuts to keep my protein and fat levels normal so that I don't wither away but put my boyfriend at risk (I'm intolerant to meat, soy, fruit, most grains, and most veggies. just please believe me when I say there is literally no other reasonable way for me to get my protein except with 5 walnuts + a handful of peanuts a day, I promise you I'm not exaggerating), or 2) I get my protein from other sources but in turn, have severe reactions to it that end up making me malnourished and struggle to even get up from my chair.

I personally think our relationship is doomed. I've mentioned this to him but he's really optimistic about it, but I don't know. AITA? Any advice? Much love

Also yes I have seen doctors about this. I've been seeing doctors about my medical conditions since I was three and I've been asking doctors for advice about what to do food-wise in our relationship for the last year and a half, but they've said that I can try to get protein through 2kg of spinach every day, but even then, my body reacts badly to it. And no, I can't have any protein pills, tablets, powders, etc. My body is annoyingly fussy.

Also, I'm willing to just gobble down a bunch of nuts in one sitting, brush my teeth several times, clean any surfaces I might have contaminated with nut residue, and not touch him for a few hours so that he doesn't get a reaction. It might even be easy to do that since we're studying different majors and as a result, wouldn't see each other 9-5. After that, our jobs would keep us apart throughout the day. It's just that he's incredibly unwilling to compromise on this. I can't have any nuts at all in the house, not even ones he's not allergic to. Of course, I don't blame him since he's been told his whole life since he was a baby that nuts could kill him. But I've run out of ideas.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Barudak posted:

Perfect

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

"My boyfriend's nut allergy is such an issue," says lady who is allergic to everything.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

They’re literally physically incompatible. It’s no one’s fault but :sever: now and remain friends or whatever. People end relationships for much sillier reasons.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
sometimes you just have to admit you've been Cursed By God and accept that judgement

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I (24/f) want my husband (26/m) to come with me to my country but he's strongly against it.

quote:

To start off, I'm from a different country (Philippines) and I moved here in Australia to be with him. None of his family and friends knew we we're married because he is scared to tell them, but my family knows we're married and they love him to bits, and my family doesn't know that my husband's family have no idea we're married. I just don't known how to explain my situation to my family and these secretive things are tearing my mental state because I don't have a habit of keeping secrets to my family (I've been taught to always tell them everything when growing up)

My family wanted me to bring him to the Philippines so they can introduce him in person to my relatives and as well as a vacation with the flight tickets paid by them. But my husband is just refusing every time saying he doesn't like to be in my country because it's hot, humid, religious people, etc. My parents are willing to renovate our house just so they can put A/C in my old room just to accommodate these needs. My friends are also keen to meet and spend time with him. I can't help but feel sad sometimes because I wanna be with my family and him at the same time.

About the situation here, since none of my husband's family knew he's married, of course I get to be left alone here during Christmas, New Year, etc. While he gets to celebrate it with them. His mom doesn't approve of me either when he introduced me to her. I'm trying my best to be likeable but I think I made her cry that time after he introduced me. I'm too scared to tell my family about my situation because I don't want them to think badly about him. There are times I would get jealous about it since my family have always gathered together on these situations as tradition but now I'm usually alone in these occasions while he gets to be with his family.

I don't wanna sound dramatic but there are times I just feel like crap about all of these. I don't think I'm in the position to complain because he's the one paying for everything except the groceries. I really want him to come with me to my country so I can celebrate something with him and my family but it's just so hard to convince him and I can't help but feel if I'm asking too much.

Tldr; I want my husband to come with me to my country because my family wants to see him come with me and they're willing to pay for tickets. Also pretty sad about this whole family situation.

It's like a red flag scavenger hunt for the buried leads!!

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for being unsympathetic to a waitress who knew my daughter?

quote:

Went for dinner with my husband yesterday. When our waitress - who I think is new - came to take our order she seemed to recognise us. She asked if we were Zara's parents, which we are. She then stopped talking entirely and was very cold towards us.

Zara is 26. Still lives at home but that's because it's an easy commute to work. She did very well at school, got into a place where exceptional academics were the bare minimum you need to apply, did very well there and now has a very highly paid career in finance, having been headhunted as soon as she graduated. She's also engaged to the man of her dreams who works for the same company.

Our food took much longer than it usually takes at this restaurant. The waitress did not even speak to when she brought it and gave us both dirty looks.

Unfortunately I think I may know what this woman's issue was. Although Zara did well at school and had a large group of friends, she had a few problems with bullying certain other girls. I don't remember the names now but this woman may have been one of those if the behaviour towards us was anything to go by.

When we were paying, I had been thinking about it a lot, and asked the waitress why she had been so rude to us. The response I got was ''ask your daughter''. I'm a protective parent and told her to leave Zara alone, and that dwelling on teenage grudges as an adult is probably why she ended up working there.

We paid and left. When we got home I told Zara what happened. I didn't know the name but I described the girl. When Zara worked out who it was she found it hilarious that ''Sophie'' now worked at a restaurant. She couldn't stop laughing, but my husband Mark had a go at me because he thought bringing up the woman's job and using it to insult her was harsh.

I will admit that it was a hurtful thing to say, but this woman was cold to us, and rude to our daughter in a place where we are regulars and have been going to for years. I won't apologise for sticking up for Zara and don't think I said anything inappropriate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

LadyPictureShow posted:

You are my servant, really!!!

Real rash of 'shiftless, chronically unemployed boyfriend' stories lately.

I thought the whole point of getting with an older guy was because he had his poo poo together. If you're going to be with a grown adult child get with one 15 years younger than you Jesus Christ. Although a 20 year old would probably be more together than this manbaby.