Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

GoutPatrol posted:

So they count as two types for Goyf?

Forget it jake, it's a subtype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

80s James Hetfield posted:

Set sucks, worst ever

Yeah but did you post this here first or on reddit?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Everything ever all the time.

Except is it explicitly not that

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

It's a real awkward phrasing that boils down to 'everything but him', but I can't for the life of me figure out why they'd go that route, it's not like intentionally legend ruling him would be a winning play.

E: come to think about it, you still can legend rule him, you just get 1 trigger instead of 2.

Fantastic Foreskin fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 4, 2019

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Kurtofan posted:

Forget it jake, it's a subtype

Instant/Sorcery and Creature are both supertypes.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

so it’s kicker AND split cards in one
Card 1 is a creature
Card 2 is an instant or sorcery with “kicker make a dude” but you can kick later

Mikujin posted:

No they’re just types. Legendary is a supertype

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Adventurers can escape from thre prison realm.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Can you always cast these creatures from exile or only if you adventures them?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

That is loving spicy at uncommon.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Untapped Khan lands could have some spicy implications for the eternal formats, depending on the rest of the cycle.

evilweasel posted:

Can you always cast these creatures from exile or only if you adventures them?
I'm not sure, I just assumed. I'll see if they've clarified it yet.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Sickening posted:

That is loving spicy at uncommon.
:lolplant: mfw I see unc

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

This is insanely good art on a pretty dang good card

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

I can’t see this as anything other than a Kill La Kill reference.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
So it looks like knights are mardu colors while faeries are sultai?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mikujin posted:

Oh im dumb it thought this was about adventure

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

So instead of ETB spells slapped onto all the creatures we get spells with creatures slapped on to them? WeIrD.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Seb art is good. Also that is basically a chocobo rider

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Tibalt posted:

I was also just wondering it generally, because either they have memory issues or suddenly exile effects have quite the downside.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Tibalt posted:

Giving all the adventure creatures Protection From Swords to Plowshares would be weird, so I'm going to guess that it's part of the Adventure spell resolving that gives it the ability to be cast from exile.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

reminder text implies that it’s part of the adventure resolving but we’ll see when the comp rules update

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

The illustration of the collector's edition is seriously creeping me out. Like I have seen it in a nightmare before or I will soon.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I can't wait for comp rel "oops" where these turn into Eternal Scourge's.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Yuck. Edh garbo?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The art on the special frames is really great. Where's the Guay though?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

too bad we’re losing History of Benalia, Dauntless Bodyguard, Call the Cavalry and Aryel

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Sickening posted:

Yuck. Edh garbo?

It seems very playable in an aggressive knight tribal deck provided such a thing exists. Kinda sad we dont get to play this with the BW knights and History of Benalia from dominaria.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Sickening posted:

Yuck. Edh garbo?
Probably, but it could be playable in limited - an unrestricted anthem could make the cut if you can reasonably expect to cast it for (1)WW or (2)WW, and all(?) of the Mardu creatures so far are Knights.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

They must have really really wanted this to work with tokens.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

GrandpaPants posted:

Where's the Guay though?

She's a gallery artist now. She legit has better things to do now.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

It seems very playable in an aggressive knight tribal deck provided such a thing exists. Kinda sad we dont get to play this with the BW knights and History of Benalia from dominaria.

Lets say it just costs WW and didn't have the knight discount. Considering you can only have one in play would it even be broken? I feel like that is a no unless the legendary knights in standard were amazing.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I kind of wish Historic wasn't stillborn because I would give BW Knights a fair shot in that format.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Looks like I'll be crafting some benalish marshals and histories of benalia for historic.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Sickening posted:

Lets say it just costs WW and didn't have the knight discount. Considering you can only have one in play would it even be broken? I feel like that is a no unless the legendary knights in standard were amazing.
It does have the repeatable 3/3 Vigilance with a relevant tribe for 4 mana on it as well - could let the hypothetical Aggro Knights deck close out the game.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Sickening posted:

Just WW for an anthem, even a legendary one, seems a bit above rate. And that's before you tack on the ability to poo poo out 2/2s with vigilance if you run low on gas. Maybe not broken, but definitely strong.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Star Man posted:

She's a gallery artist now. She legit has better things to do now.

That owns.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Sickening posted:

Cheap anthem effect that generates more dudes if the game goes long or gives them for free if you cast legendary curve toppers seems totally reasonable to me.

Its just a question if there are enough good knights to enable it. We already have Knight of the Ebon Legion but we need a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Tibalt posted:

Probably, but it could be playable in limited - an unrestricted anthem could make the cut if you can reasonably expect to cast it for (1)WW or (2)WW, and all(?) of the Mardu creatures so far are Knights.

the card is absolutely loving bonkers in limited