Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Billy the Mountain posted:

Whatever happened to Sesfan?

One can hope he finally got laid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Billy the Mountain posted:

Whatever happened to Sesfan?

He's #1 qtiyd

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003
What's the etiquette if the person who accidentally listed their poo poo for the wrong price is a goon? I'm guessing you give the poo poo back to them and pay fair value not to be a dick?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

retpocileh posted:

What's the etiquette if the person who accidentally listed their poo poo for the wrong price is a goon? I'm guessing you give the poo poo back to them and pay fair value not to be a dick?

To do otherwise would be goonfucking (but I'm sure it's happened).

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

evilweasel posted:

If it’s an npc station petition it and ccp will refund it.

Yeah... I adjusted the price before I read up on it and GMs need you to have not adjusted it at all in order to refund and they sold 30 minutes later.

I'll just try not to make a mistake again. I could have sworn I didn't have those warnings disabled. I wish you could set your own warnings based on certain thresholds.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

retpocileh posted:

You can ask them to cover the cost of relisting the item. If you are dealing in excavator drones is can cost like 50m isk just to make the order.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Scooter_McCabe posted:

This is a kinder gentler EVE now where using ESI/API to know what your mark has is not allowed anymore.

we do this all the time and no one has eaten bans for this

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

retpocileh posted:

Was it that guy Ralph that was bitching in Alliance about the fact he didn't read a buy order properly and claimed he'd been scammed.

Because if it is I'd be tempted to say gently caress that guy. But the directors would probably want us to be nice to each other or something.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

CainFortea posted:

He's #1 qtiyd

Can confirm

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

lookslikerain posted:

Was it that guy Ralph that was bitching in Alliance about the fact he didn't read a buy order properly and claimed he'd been scammed.

Because if it is I'd be tempted to say gently caress that guy. But the directors would probably want us to be nice to each other or something.

That guy was super loving annoying, claiming that it was a 'scam' to have a buy order so low. Like literally he hosed up his sell order and sold his item too cheap, then accused the guy he sold it to of both market manipulation and 'scamming' for having a low buy order.

Honestly, I told him to just evemail the guy and offer money back for the item, but he was armed with some excuse that I cannot remember about how that wouldn't solve the scamming problem.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Probably because you haven't been reported for doing it, and not because it is not a rule violation.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ZombieLenin posted:

Probably because you haven't been reported for doing it, and not because it is not a rule violation.

i can't find it being a rule violation

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
CCP GMs never ban without a clear, published rule on point.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 3, 2019

slashtom
Jan 5, 2012
VeteranX
just resubbed looking to join with sa goons this time, however I am currently in horde is that an issue? Was really looking for a large newbie corp to just have people to play with again.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Maneck posted:

CCP GMs never ban without a clear, published rule on point.

The sarcasm here is high. Besides which, nobody’s reads the EULA, but as someone who once worked in the industry let me tell you... EULAs are written in such a way as there is always something you’ve done, or are doing, where someone at the game company could argue is a EULA violation, for the simple reason that they want to be able to ban you if they think it is necessary.

You know, I am not actually sure it is against the rules; however, I vaguely recall someone at CCP saying it was no longer allowed in print during the bonus room shitstorm--probably by someone who no longer works at CCP.

That being said, if it was ever said in print, even once, they will use it to ban someone; however, this would only happen if they are so fed up with someone they are looking for a reason to ban someone... or I suppose if there is some sort of especially egregious ‘scam,’ though it’s difficult for me to imagine what that might be that doesn’t violate some other, more clearly stated, rule.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 3, 2019

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

slashtom posted:

I am currently in horde is that an issue?

It is.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

slashtom posted:

just resubbed looking to join with sa goons this time, however I am currently in horde is that an issue? Was really looking for a large newbie corp to just have people to play with again.

You can join my corp, I'm a goon and I don't discriminate.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Out of curiosity, how much of an issue is it? Could someone in horde leave and join the imperium or does that mean they're barred forever?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

IIRC it's a violation of the developer license, not necessarily of the game's EULA

quote:

Developer acknowledges and agrees that no Application shall be used (a) to inject, deliver, or activate malware, worms, Trojan horses, or other bugs, (b) as a means of phishing or spamming, (c) as a means of tracking Player information or Player activity without the express knowledge and consent of such Player, (d) as a means to misappropriate a Player's in-game items or other information, or to otherwise cheat, scam, or defraud Players who subscribe to the Application, or (e) as a means of implementing a denial of service attack, distributed denial of service attack, or other method of disabling or denying access to EVE or the Licensed Materials. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Developer shall be liable to CCP for all resulting losses, expenses, costs of defense, costs of correction, and other damages (including without limitation damages for loss of business or profit, business interruption, or any other pecuniary loss) resulting from Developer's violation of this section.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

gwrtheyrn posted:

IIRC it's a violation of the developer license, not necessarily of the game's EULA

I feel like using external tools for scamming in EVE crosses a line. Scamming is cool and good, but it should be an in-game activity only.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Shut the gently caress up your opinion is poo poo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

wow rude

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

R-name posters are officially worse than D-name posters...

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Dalael posted:

Out of curiosity, how much of an issue is it? Could someone in horde leave and join the imperium or does that mean they're barred forever?

The directorate has infinite capacity to forgive. The only limit is the swankiness of the yacht and/or Vegas party room proffered by those fallen from grace.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Wibla posted:

R-name posters are officially worse than D-name posters...

gently caress you, you dont get to give my paper crown away

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

CainFortea posted:

Thats cute. In the end opinion doesn’t matter when you read what the company who owns and operates the game has to say on the matter.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Scams using falsified API data are banned (like the old "check my wallet, it proves that I double ISK for people"), but there's nothing about using legit API data in the course of a scam.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Maneck posted:

The directorate has infinite capacity to forgive. The only limit is the swankiness of the yacht and/or Vegas party room proffered by those fallen from grace.

who was it who defected to Horde in like 2016 then came on here awkwardly trying to get back? Something Duchemine?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Angelique dushman. Whner extraordinaire. It's already coming here with like three different parachute accounts

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

Mr. Pickles posted:

So stoked for EVE Classic

I'd start playing again

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Okay you log into Eve classic there's one titan in the entire game and it's only by shrike

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

no one cares if you were in an enemy alliance unless you make a huge huff on the way out and join someone we're actively at war with.

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017
Bring back Lotka Volterra, ASCN and IAC!

Also 10 (or was it 15?) man fleets were a thing.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Russians in mirror are closer than they appear

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water

Jazzzzz posted:

Russians in mirror are closer than they appear

Lies! There are no Russians.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

no one cares if you were in an enemy alliance unless you make a huge huff on the way out and join someone we're actively at war with.

This is poor advice.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I only discovered this because i was going to write a new scam website, but then i read through the API rules while trying to find the rate limit or w/e and discovered it.

There is a clearcut distinction between having a website that you use explicitly for recruitment scamming versus using API to scam marks on a website that is used for actual recruitment purposes. The difficulty is that because GSF does not have a single recruitment site, and even if we did only recruiters would be able to have access to it without all hell braking loose, this effectively nukes our old goonfleet.net resurrection. Which means we have to rely on third party websites that are not managed by us. When I came back and tried my hand at it, they were all terrible.

It was a real bummer too because i got as far as having the bones of the webpage setup and started writing the API client when I stumbled across that distinction

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 4, 2019

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
CCP should investigate the internal recruitment policies and authorizations of a corp scammers corp every time they get a report. CCP investigations into non-in-game activities are the best.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

MrOzzy posted:

Also 10 (or was it 15?) man fleets were a thing.

v0lta is recruiting

Probably not you though.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

CainFortea posted:

Angelique dushman. Whner extraordinaire. It's already coming here with like three different parachute accounts

Ah yes, the "I'm gonna work my way up the PanFam ladder instead of just taking Grath's offer" retard.

Dalael posted:

Previously being in PanFam, despite leaving a ~valued ally~ on good terms is decidedly not looked well upon.

So I hear.