Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I don't trust "leaks" like this tbh but here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I don't trust "leaks" like this tbh but here:

Lookit this 2 color 3 drop planeswalker that can't protect itself. Garbage.

gently caress threeferi

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Afaik the "when you do" templating isn't something they'd need to use there but maybe they're changing how they do that.

E: what I mean is that I was under the impression they used it when the clause was contingent on a choice and they didn't want you to have to choose a target if you weren't going to choose yes in the first place, e.g. Cavalier of Night. No reason to do it there since there's no may and it would make no sense for there to be one

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 4, 2019

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
A quick scan of Google suggests that's new art, which probably means it's real.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

JerryLee posted:

Afaik the "when you do" templating isn't something they'd need to use there but maybe they're changing how they do that.

it would mean the damage is a separate triggered ability that triggers off the card draw and hence doesn't trigger if the draw is prevented, i think

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Tulul posted:

A quick scan of Google suggests that's new art, which probably means it's real.

It could be art someone made for the fake. the second +1 is very out of flavor for Izzet and the templating on the Ultimate isn't right.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

It's weird to me that the card name refers to both of them but planeswalker type only Will. Why not call it "The Rowans" if both of their names won't fit?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

it would mean the damage is a separate triggered ability that triggers off the card draw and hence doesn't trigger if the draw is prevented, i think

Yeah, you're not wrong, it would make a functional difference there. What's the case where that matters enough for them to care about, though?

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

JerryLee posted:

E: what I mean is that I was under the impression they used it when the clause was contingent on a choice and they didn't want you to have to choose a target if you weren't going to choose yes in the first place, e.g. Cavalier of Night. No reason to do it there since there's no may and it would make no sense for there to be one

Narset supremacy

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

Their last name is Kenrith, Rowan is his sister's name/type. If it's separated by a space on the typeline, it's a different type (see the Urza lands, for instance).

Kurieg posted:

It could be art someone made for the fake. the second +1 is very out of flavor for Izzet and the templating on the Ultimate isn't right.

True, but that would be a million times more effort than most people put into fakes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Note this is a common without reminder text.

You can just barely tell this is an artifact from the frame

Huxley posted:

Her insta is NSFW but man alive, she is good.

If she's in this set, it'll be because she wants to be and because they showed her the money she deserves. I'd love for them to give her a real showcase card like they do Seb. There's no way, though.

She did say she's up for returning (a few years ago in an interview). Probably a question of money.

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

Why would they introduce a Noble type in a set with creatures named Lord and Syr who are not Nobles?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Ybrik posted:

It's weird to me that the card name refers to both of them but planeswalker type only Will. Why not call it "The Rowans" if both of their names won't fit?

They're Will and Rowan Kenrith. It references both of them.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Ybrik posted:

It's the Kendrith siblings, Will and Rowan.

e: Dark Ritual's oracle text is "Add BBB"

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Kurieg posted:

One +1 is blue, the other is red.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Royal Scions actually looks interesting? It's either going to cost them at least parity to remove it, or slow them down by attacking it if they don't want you to loot every turn and eventually draw four and burn 4+.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/MTGStocks/status/1169250463222566913?s=19

https://twitter.com/ValimarMTG/status/1169259730067427336?s=19

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Irencrag not ironcrag

Wtf

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I guess I'm playing Knight tribal

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you play Mayhem Devil against someone who is going all in on Food tokens you rapidly enter fetish territory as your demon starts whipping your opponent as they cram food down their mouths

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Wintermoor Commander is noice.

Fireborn Knight is hella 'spensive.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Eej posted:

If you play Mayhem Devil against someone who is going all in on Food tokens you rapidly enter fetish territory as your demon starts whipping your opponent as they cram food down their mouths

I ran up against this today. Turns out skirk prospector and seige gang commanders have issues with M. Devil.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cynic Jester posted:

Fireborn Knight is hella 'spensive.

double strike on a 2/3 is very strong, especially with how much knight synergy we've already seen

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

the flavor on this set so far owns owns owns

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

You can come watch someone make gingerbread on Twitch now.

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1169279011639443457

e: Also just noticed the Pied Piper here has another new creature type - Warlock.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Tulul posted:

Finally my rats tribal deck can become a reality. Flavor on this set so far is A+, although I'm not sure I like the cards mechanically.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Tulul posted:

That's what, two new creature types in this set?

I dig it.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

I think my brain turned Will and Rowan into Will, Anne Rowan at some point. Forgive me thread

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope they add witches too

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Wonder how many modern playable (relatively speaking) knight cards are going to spike now.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

InterrupterJones posted:

Wonder how many modern playable (relatively speaking) knight cards are going to spike now.

Knight Exemplar, most likely.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
They are making gingerbread men on the stream. This feels so bizarre for a magic stream.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Obscil posted:

They are making gingerbread men on the stream. This feels so bizarre for a magic stream.

Gonna spoil the Gingerbread man when they're done I wager.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
i love all the art on the premium cards but i hope wizards didn't decide to make all of the cool art premium only

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
When it started I assumed it was a countdown to an actual thing.

I'm growing increasingly unsure.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
There’s a golden egg in the carton :shobon:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

InterrupterJones posted:

Time to buy the history of benalias I wanted before they spike I guess.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Count Bleck posted:

Knight Exemplar, most likely.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1176462#paper

Student of Warfare as well.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Someone managed to datamine Arena for the set or something — there’s a bunch of new cards that can be seen on reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!