Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

WE KNOW WHERE THE VOTES CAME FROM

[edit] The world population in 1970 was 3.63 billion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Pochoclo posted:

So what now? How many more votes does the no-deal block need before it becomes True Law(tm)?

One more tonight, then the Lords at some point overnight, then Boris runs round the palace to hide all the pens or something to try and stop Royal Assent.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Coohoolin posted:

People keep posting this but it's pretending that the Lib Dems

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What are they debating now?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
What even is a Lib Dem? Nobody knows

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

My brain has not absorbed anything Bill Cash has said but I assume it's the usual detached from reality brexiteer shite

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Hahaha, what a shitshow.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Holy poo poo what is Cash even on about

the referendum was always nonbinding and it's the government's job to not do something terrible to the economy even if a referendum was voted yes on

it is in fact an imperative of government to prevent such disasters from occurring

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Failed Imagineer posted:

A miserable comprise

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Failed Imagineer posted:

Somewhere in the middle.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Miftan posted:

Even ultra orthodox jews have hot meals on the sabbath. Ya'll wild. (hot plates are apparently allowed as long as you turn them on before the sabbath)

The father of one of my friends was a Chapel minister (Wales) - not sure which denomination - but he wouldn't read Monday newspapers because they would have been made on Sundays.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

lol Cash saying Boris has a mandate

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1169289365748666368?s=20

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

I do love just rules lawyering God.

Rasler
Dec 30, 2008
Bill Cash looks like a real life Spitting Image puppet...

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Rasler posted:

Bill Cash looks like a real life Spitting Image puppet...

He’s a man who always looks like he still has a coat hanger in his shirt

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jose posted:

no? they're just kicked from the tory party

Not even that actually

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Looking through the replies raises an interesting point - refusing to expel NND rebels pisses off BXP voters and leaves you stuck with an unpopular MP candidate who doesn't represent their party. They've hosed themselves coming and going.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

IDS gets on well with Stephen Kinnock and they play football together, what a loving shock

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
This fucker just said virtue signalling

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I've read the amendments, and I'm not sure if any of them do anything significant.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Tarnop posted:

I've read the amendments, and I'm not sure if any of them do anything significant.

If they're from Tories they're there to waste time.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Failed Imagineer posted:

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Good. Noticed Boris keeps taking his pen in and out of his inner pocket when he's nervous. What a fidget.

Want more leaks. Send leaks.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

lmao

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

forkboy84 posted:

A proper day of rest is good like, but specifically the Sabbath as envisioned by these freakish offshoots of the CoS is poo poo. My grandad was Free Church (because again, Skye. Or Raasay which is an island next to Skye) and my mam has stories of Sundays as a kid just being incredibly poo poo. You were only allowed to go to church & read the Bible and that was that. And they didn't even go to church that often because he was a shepherd & so they'd live really rurally, miles from the local church so mostly it was just sitting quietly reading the Bible all day. Then they got a telly and suddenly he wasn't so fussed about observing the Sabbath quite so strictly, funny that.

That does sound like it sucked. It's a pity but like a lot of very religious people it sounds like they didn't get it. Without going into the Law, and the Mishna etc. and risking a religion derail there is a story in the New Testament where Jesus specifically uses overly rules based Sabbath as an example of religion for rules sake being bad.

Anyway I still think it's worth saying because now most people have the opposite problem.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Mrenda posted:

I remember reading a theory that this is why Euro (German) boardgames became such a big thing. In protestant Germany, taking the day to do all the respectful of god stuff, boardgames were something that was allowed by most adherents. So being one of the things allowed it just grew and grew.

That's pretty cool. If you ever remember where you read it I'm that niche audience you've been looking for.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1169299600936714241

what

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

this stupid racist idiot andrew percy whining about remainers haha

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

All these brexiters pretending that the extensions are due to the remainers, when it's demonstrably because the Tory position is poo poo

And if you have to tell people you're not a racist, you're a loving racist

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

How can anyone hear these posh cunts speak for a second without being filled with lust for revolutionary violence? Just listen to Redwood sounding like a hollywood villain. 40% of the country is beyond help.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Why is parliament currently a bunch of Tories wanking each other off?

When does the fun start again

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Has everyone accusing MPs of "blocking Brexit" collectively forgotten that there's like 10 different ways to leave the EU that aren't No Deal or are they just quietly hoping nobody remembers at this point?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Failed Imagineer posted:

An endangered species, naturally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15fRq57u29Q

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
“you great big girl’s blouse” has to be the shittiest possible posh toff oxbridge oval office insult you could ever possibly come up with, and of course it’s also sexist on top of it all

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Tell the builders to finish, when there's wires hanging out of the wall, and the roof is still just batoning

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Enallyniv posted:

Has everyone accusing MPs of "blocking Brexit" collectively forgotten that there's like 10 different ways to leave the EU that aren't No Deal or are they just quietly hoping nobody remembers at this point?

They’re just thicker than syrup, OP

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Votes begins at 7 folks, strap in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowSpectre
Oct 6, 2016
:eyepop: