Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

There's been talk of Tory peers filibustering in the Lords, but apparently it's a non-starter? I don't know enough about the process to understand why it won't work, can anyone help?

e: my good friend's good catte

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tarnop posted:

There's been talk of Tory peers filibustering in the Lords, but apparently it's a non-starter? I don't know enough about the process to understand why it won't work, can anyone help?

e: catte

The Tory Lords are too old to be able to talk that long without needing a piss.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
How bad is it that the Kinnock amendment passed idgi

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
any more votes tonihgjt??

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Tarnop posted:

They've paused momentarily to see what's happening in the commons basically and if an election is agreed the filibuster is off but it's still a bit vague.

It's definately not been cancelled as far as we know, only postponed at the moment

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I can totally understand this SNP dude and I adore his accent, but the one with the red tie behind him that stood up and said something.....I have no clue what he said. I assume it was good.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Coohoolin posted:

i don't know what kinnock's wife thinks of him but it's funny to imagine

I imagine she is going to call him a massive oval office when he gets up the road and I’m declaring it as fact to myself.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

bump_fn posted:

any more votes tonihgjt??

Just the general election one

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I loving love angry Scots half hour, it's always brutal.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Mahoning posted:

I can totally understand this SNP dude and I adore his accent, but the one with the red tie behind him that stood up and said something.....I have no clue what he said. I assume it was good.

He said the tories are hosed in any election, if even Ruth Davies can't stomach Boris.

And now the SNP is droning on about independence of course.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Tarnop posted:

dare you seize the dragon's hoard??

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Mahoning posted:

He said that Scottish Tories voting for an early elections would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

E: SNP also saying elections after extension only.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Angus MacNeil is possibly the most Scottish man on the planet

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

c0burn posted:

It either literally does nothing (Commons clerk was saying she doesn't even understand how it's supposed to work), or does something utterly pointless (make it so the extension is asked for on the basis of passing the amended May deal, but doesn't mean the May deal has to pass or even be voted on).

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

c0burn posted:

I'm still trying to understand but apparently it doesn't actually change anything so is irrelevant really, which seems appropriate.

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames
These two days have been a massacre

already calling for him to resign :hmmyes:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Haha yes a £15k rusty car

What a melt

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
All the suck ups are now trying to get Boris' attention.

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames

happyhippy posted:

All Both the suck ups are now trying to get Boris' attention.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

The Tories just come across as deluded

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
"You serve no further purpose" :lol:

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Who's miked up and going "yeah yeah yeah yeah"?

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
gently caress right off swinson.

I find her speaking style completely obnoxious. It's like a school prefect who is trying to force their peers to mop the toilets.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Who's miked up and going "yeah yeah yeah yeah"?

it's the Voice of the People finally made manifest within Westminster

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
first thing Jo Swinson does is praise tories what the gently caress else do you need what a waste

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Twitch chat roasting Jo Swinson, who ever had the idea to stream this on Twitch is a loving genius.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

StarkingBarfish posted:

gently caress right off swinson.

I find her speaking style completely obnoxious. It's like a school prefect who is trying to force their peers to mop the toilets.

Yeah it's patronising as gently caress. Loads of em talk like this, though

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames

AceClown posted:

Twitch chat roasting Jo Swinson, who ever had the idea to stream this on Twitch is a loving genius.

why the gently caress do they have follow notifications!?

e: oh its unofficial

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
"Anna Soubry"
*entire chamber groans*

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

you can oval office off posted:

why the gently caress do they have follow notifications!?

e: oh its unofficial

I dunno I thought it was pretty funny seeing "Urinater followed" while watching Brexit debates.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1169325465905111042

my brain'#s broken and i can't process this anymore

the crux of the matter is "how much do we expect johnson to obey the law we just passed" right

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Barry Foster posted:

Yeah it's patronising as gently caress. Loads of em talk like this, though

Yeah, many do it, but in her case it's coupled with a 'why the gently caress are you here?' vibe.

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I dunno I thought it was pretty funny seeing "Urinater followed" while watching Brexit debates.

hard agree

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Lobster God posted:

"Anna Soubry"
*entire chamber groans*

It's the only thing that makes up for hearing her talk

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Lobster God posted:

"Anna Soubry"
*entire chamber groans*

I love that everyone hates her.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So wait, the Tories want to call for an election without extending the Brexit deadline as a stall tactic, am I understanding that correctly? And the opposition is saying "let's extend the deadline first, THEN have an election"?

Apologies, this is my first week following UK Politics!

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Big fan of the scot in the background annunciating YOU ARE A CHI-ULD

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Chuka's sitting with the cuks??

Is he back

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
Boris Johnson must be keeping a legion of lip-readers at work right now. With the amount of exasperated muttering he seems to be doing, I think "Stupid woman" would probably be mild in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
If this was the Japanese parliament, there would have been at least a couple brawls already.