Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This guy works the security at CIG events.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ah yes, the head of security.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Look stuck in pre-alpha to me.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

D1E posted:

In the last 500 years ...

... Star Citizen still hasn't released.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I feel so bad, I got tricked into doxxing children - Am I now the bad man?

So I went to Sandi Gardiner's YouTube channel to see her awesome acting .... Now I have doxxed children.

It turns out I really am Derek Smart - I never knew, I was always just joking about that.

So much shame .... Anyone know of any jpegs I can pledge to that will wash my shame away .....

Can I buy Line of Defence still?

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

holy gently caress that was a lot of probations. I'm not doing any more unless I legit missed you during the last five pages or whatever, so thanks for playing if you got one!

Awesome probating, feel free to probate yourself as thanks.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

spacetoaster posted:

There's so much of this I don't understand... who was Cora who was banned from CitCon back then? Who did Accelerwraith flash his penis at in a selfie, and who was her husband, and does Accelerwraith actually have a wife?

Bloody hell, Star Citizen throws up so many more questions than it answers.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Agony Aunt posted:

Can someone post the exact moment that goons were defeated by SC backers? I fear that i might have missed it.

not sure. But I can tell you when Goons defeated CIG. It was the Beer4Beer vs Sandi Gardner email thread. Tells you everything you need to know.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Jonny Shiloh posted:

There's so much of this I don't understand... who was Cora who was banned from CitCon back then? Who did Accelerwraith flash his penis at in a selfie, and who was her husband, and does Accelerwraith actually have a wife?

Bloody hell, Star Citizen throws up so many more questions than it answers.

Ask, and ye shall receive:

(this is a post by CrazyLoon)

Basically, Star Citizen had a chat. In said chat a married woman meets mr. personality, DickWulf, who starts getting really 'friendly' with her the moment he finds out she is a FEMALE, gifting her free spaceship .jpegs and whatnot. And just 3 days after that, she gets this in her e-mail (whose address he got automatically through gifting said spaceships, thanks to CIG's non-existent security considerations):

After which she has a rather...awkward as gently caress conversation with him about how it's not really cool. Here's the convo: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773270&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post459662452

So Raskolnikov, being her friend, complains about this to CIG moderators, about how it's really not cool this can happen to a married woman over the official site, and that it's not the first time with ole DickWulf and that there has been much talk of him doing it before. But mods stonewall her, saying: "Oh it happened over e-mail, outside of our jurisdiction!" while refusing to admit the only way he got her e-mail was because of how their gifting procedure is hosed up. So Raskolnikov tells off DickWulf publically in chat, that if he keeps doing this something bad will happen to him sooner or later, which the moderators interpret as her threatening to kill DickWulf and not only slap a probation onto her but also ban her from attending CitizenCon, Star Citizen's official yearly gathering, which she only finds out once she arrives there and only gets overturned, due to another big-time backer vouching for her.

So TL;DR - Misogynist rear end in a top hat (who himself is married) is prolly still stalking their forums, sending dick pics and any woman that complains about it gets punished, while he keeps on truckin' thanks to him spending 30-40k dollars on Star Shitizen. And all of which supervised and considered okay by good ole. :lesnick:

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

spacetoaster posted:

Ask, and ye shall receive:

(this is a post by CrazyLoon)

Basically, Star Citizen had a chat. In said chat a married woman meets mr. personality, DickWulf, who starts getting really 'friendly' with her the moment he finds out she is a FEMALE, gifting her free spaceship .jpegs and whatnot. And just 3 days after that, she gets this in her e-mail (whose address he got automatically through gifting said spaceships, thanks to CIG's non-existent security considerations):

After which she has a rather...awkward as gently caress conversation with him about how it's not really cool. Here's the convo: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773270&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post459662452

So Raskolnikov, being her friend, complains about this to CIG moderators, about how it's really not cool this can happen to a married woman over the official site, and that it's not the first time with ole DickWulf and that there has been much talk of him doing it before. But mods stonewall her, saying: "Oh it happened over e-mail, outside of our jurisdiction!" while refusing to admit the only way he got her e-mail was because of how their gifting procedure is hosed up. So Raskolnikov tells off DickWulf publically in chat, that if he keeps doing this something bad will happen to him sooner or later, which the moderators interpret as her threatening to kill DickWulf and not only slap a probation onto her but also ban her from attending CitizenCon, Star Citizen's official yearly gathering, which she only finds out once she arrives there and only gets overturned, due to another big-time backer vouching for her.

So TL;DR - Misogynist rear end in a top hat (who himself is married) is prolly still stalking their forums, sending dick pics and any woman that complains about it gets punished, while he keeps on truckin' thanks to him spending 30-40k dollars on Star Shitizen. And all of which supervised and considered okay by good ole. :lesnick:

Aah I see, many thanks friend.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
It's not a scam!.

We prefer the term : Surprise Crowdfounding Acquisition Method.

Also lol at the fact that the Star Citizen thread entered the games section before the the actual alpha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kONmDCla6Nc

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Replaceme balls govna.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

What does this forums topic mean exactly? What problem does Known-Actual-Game Cyberpunk have, exactly?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

ACtually I think you'll find that disappointment is good, the best, even. I love being disappointed. And I'll keep being disappointed as long as I can! Keep it up, CIG :angel:

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Did I miss when we broke Lethality?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
whats wrong with the muppet?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Wow...

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Server meshing will be split into "Static Server Meshing" and "Dynamic Server Meshing"
Expect for them to start throwing out these buzzwords in the upcoming ISC's and at the Citizen Con talk.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Strangler 42 posted:

Did I miss when we broke Lethality?

Note the underscore. It's not him it's someone who usually stalks him.

I guess I'm wrong! But surely someone's hacked his account. His tone is way too different.

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 4, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

So if Lethality is anti-SC now...

... Star Citizen... Is good???

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:negative:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Keep it up Lethality and you may be whitelisted from the downvoting goonbot.
Maybe.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lethality, please, just because this thread will soon be over doesn't mean that you need to break character. Think of all the work it took to get undercover, don't throw it away, remember that this thread will continue in another forum. Yes, it won't be in a forum controlled by Derek, but what is wrong with the CliffyB one?

Vertisce has been able to keep on trucking, you can do it too.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Where IS Lazrin anyway

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Rotten Red Rod posted:

So if Lethality is anti-SC now...

... Star Citizen... Is good???

Is he the one who likes all the doomed online games, or am I thinking of another one here?
If so, he may have final figured that going with the opposite of his original instinct might be good for Star Citizen.
(it worked in that Seinfeld episode)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Hahahahahaha

Oh man I needed that

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AbstractNapper posted:

Is he the one who likes all the doomed online games, or am I thinking of another one here?
If so, he may have final figured that going with the opposite of his original instinct might be good for Star Citizen.
(it worked in that Seinfeld episode)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Phew, caught up with the thread while we're still in SCAM. Gotta say, at first I found this thread intimidating with the amount of posts per day this gets. And there have been times where I just couldn't keep up with it and it was really frustrating. This is the best thread I've been a part of and thank God for Star Citizen providing all these laughs over the last year and a bit.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Will SCAM mods become Games mods, or will they lose the incredible prestige and authority that comes with being a Something Awful moderator?

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Colostomy Bag posted:

Ah yes, the head glans of security.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT? SAY IT AIN'T SO LETHALITY! SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Also lol yea, what does the Goon Protocol say about this?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Mods please turn on commander tier posting requirements.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
jfc, remember "I just deleted a brutal takedown"

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/czs09e/physical_items_mia/

By the time the game comes out noone will be using USB drives anymore

first pre order bonus to ever go obsolete

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 5, 2019

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

:itwaspoo:

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
who cast turn undead on lethality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

More importantly was the poster swarmed and attacked? I'm sure they outraged quite a few Commandos by daring to ask for things. I mean they have no rights at all, they should just be happy at the chance to get a game.