Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

JBP posted:

This paint owns I love it.

Meanwhile:

This could have been much worse!

I'm curious to know what colour that is, its almost exactly the same colour I was using on my purple guys before GW redid their paints, and I couldnt get the colour right without extensive mixing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Mephiston posted:

I'm curious to know what colour that is, its almost exactly the same colour I was using on my purple guys before GW redid their paints, and I couldnt get the colour right without extensive mixing.

Hexed Lichen by Vallejo. Whatever purple you've had before, this one is better.

E: also I'd love a glamour shoot if these wonderful boys

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

They're not that great. They're just a result of me trying to re-learn how to paint after a ~10 year break.

Here's an album I made of them ages ago though after I stopped painting them, and a few of them are incomplete. Most don't have highlights.

https://imgur.com/gallery/HLVgM

Plus I'm focusing on my Blood Angels more now.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mephiston posted:

They're not that great. They're just a result of me trying to re-learn how to paint after a ~10 year break.

Here's an album I made of them ages ago though after I stopped painting them, and a few of them are incomplete. Most don't have highlights.

I think the purple boys are cool but those blood angels are great!

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Thanks. They're getting harder to paint since I'm getting tremors in my hands. Hopefully I finish painting them before they look like my first models, heh.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

LingcodKilla posted:

Wasn’t some of the Bretonians plastic?

Yes but they were also older than a bunch of the people playing the game today, with no new model support for over a decade by the time they got squatted.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Picked up a macro mat at NOVA, this thing is very cool for taking pics.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

So glad I got to see this army in person.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

OhDearGodNo posted:

That mat is sweet, I should get one. I always take photos on like curved paper. How did the old executioner perform at Nova?

JBP fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 4, 2019

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Box dreads are great for converting into helbrutes if you're not into the weird fleshy aesthetic the GW models have going on and for that reason I hope they keep the kits.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
With the right formations, synergies and strategyms.. I just figured out that a 10 man unit of possessed can now :

Have potentially, 240 attacks per turn in mellee, wounding @ strength 7, doing mortal wounds on a wound role of 6+

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So glad I got to see this army in person.

Your cider was great btw

JBP posted:

That mat is sweet, I should get one. I always take photos on like curved paper. How did the old executioner perform at Nova?

Resilient and awesome, especially on turn 1.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Foul Ole Ron posted:

With the right formations, synergies and strategyms.. I just figured out that a 10 man unit of possessed can now :

Have potentially, 240 attacks per turn in mellee, wounding @ strength 7, doing mortal wounds on a wound role of 6+

This will never happen in a real game but I applaud you for dreaming these beautiful, insane dreams

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

TheChirurgeon posted:

This will never happen in a real game but I applaud you for dreaming these beautiful, insane dreams

I know :eng99: but I'll try it next game for sheer craic.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
:siren:PART 2 OF MY NOVA RECAP IS UP:siren:
https://www.goonhammer.com/nova-2019-part-2-the-big-titty-werewolf-appreciator-has-logged-on/

READ THIS IF: You didn't read ANAmal.net's update and want to know if he won any games at the GT

Read part 1 here:
https://www.goonhammer.com/nova-2019-part-1-as-bad-and-as-good-as-it-gets/

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Sep 4, 2019

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Foul Ole Ron posted:

TKIY fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 4, 2019

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
When Shock Assault was announced, someone found out you can get up to 202 attacks per swing with Khorne Berserkers if all dice came up 6s, and two swings per fight phase.

Error 404: Enemy not found. :allears:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

goose willis posted:

Is it workable if you brush it on the model in a thin coat instead of actually dipping it or is it still too thick?
I use MinWax all the time for historical minis, and yes, I apply it with a brush to get a thinner, more consistent coat.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So I just found this browsing aliexpress. I can only assume this is a 100% legit officially licensed reseller. I wonder what will actually arrive if I buy this:

Edit: removed link

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 4, 2019

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Minwax Polyshades will fight you.

It's great.

The only reason it had a bad reputation is lazy loving grognards doing things like lazy loving grognards.

Minwax Polyshades Tudor applied with a brush:

Minwax Polyshades Tudor dipped:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Rutibex posted:

So I just found this browsing aliexpress. I can only assume this is a 100% legit officially licensed reseller. I wonder what will actually arrive if I buy this:
https://bad.cast

Pirate links for current sculpts is a clear no no, friend.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Rutibex posted:

https://bad.cast

quote:

Kindly Reminder:

1, we are loyal fans of mould making.

2, as lovers, we program the procedures, product the model.

3. The model is made of resin material. After the completion of the model, there may be some extra parts around the model

and some small burrs. But it doesn't matter. We can clean them by ourselves.

4. A brand new, not a colored.

5. Some models (bent) need to be heated with hot water, soften it, and then adjust the model properly.You can put it in water for a few minutes at 65 degrees Celsius

6. The model material must choose sandpaper No. 2000 or above,so that can protect the effective model

7. Color the model will be a difficult task, I believe it will spend a lot of time carefully painting for make a good model

of finished products.

8. I hope you will like our products and expect you to complete your model. We also want to see your Excellent results.

Looking forward to your email reply.

Seems legit.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 4, 2019

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Maneck posted:

Pirate links for current sculpts is a clear no no, friend.

Sorry I didn't know I removed the link.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Thanks for fixing it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

dexefiend posted:

Minwax Polyshades will fight you.

It's great.

The only reason it had a bad reputation is lazy loving grognards doing things like lazy loving grognards.

Minwax Polyshades Tudor applied with a brush:

Minwax Polyshades Tudor dipped:

Fuuuck all it did for me was ruin a bunch of skeletons about 15 years ago.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

moths posted:

Fuuuck all it did for me was ruin a bunch of skeletons about 15 years ago.

When I dip, I have them mounted on nails (glued to bottom of base). I put that nail in the chuck of a power drill and spin that poo poo off into a cardboard box.

You want a light+even+liquid coat, so that when you set your guy down it pools SLIGHTLY in corners and such.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
That Eldar is fuckin' fine and tempts me to both the faction and that method more than most things ever have especially with plastic Aspect Warriors on the horizon.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

Rutibex posted:

Edit: removed link

I'm curious what shows up if you order chinacasts of plastic models. Do you just get the full sprue but in resin or do they part it out?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

eSportseXpert posted:

I'm curious what shows up if you order chinacasts of plastic models. Do you just get the full sprue but in resin or do they part it out?

FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD

the pieces generally come cut off the sprue in a little baggie

:china:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Is there any way to run Palatine Enforcers in 40k?

Thematically speaking, they'd make appropriate rank & file backup for the Sisters of Silence, but 1) scions no longer get bolters & shotguns options, and 2) marine scouts have way too much rules baggage to stand-in for local police.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

moths posted:

Thematically speaking, they'd make appropriate rank & file backup for the Sisters of Silence, but 1) scions no longer get bolters & shotguns options, and 2) marine scouts have way too much rules baggage to stand-in for local police.

Sisters of Battle squads? They're S3/T3 and have bolters. Armor maybe looks a little light for 3+ but :shrug:?

E: Arbites also run Rhinos and Repressors.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Mephiston posted:

Great paint, and I love that you have so many terminators.

If manlets start to go the way of the squato, I hope more and more of the living manlets don't cross the rubicon primaris and instead become terminators.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Cross-posting from the fash thread

Deified Data posted:

The GSW saga continues

Again I do not believe them for a second that they used it accidentally but they finally changed the drat thing

Honestly though this is pretty cool. :) It all happened because this thread pestered them enough to make it happen. Well done everyone.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

moths posted:

I like using them as Scouts personally.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

Sisters of Battle squads? They're S3/T3 and have bolters. Armor maybe looks a little light for 3+ but :shrug:?

E: Arbites also run Rhinos and Repressors.

I thought maybe sisters but 3+ is pretty generous and while cops can be superstitious they don't generally work miracles.

Hopefully they'll get something in the DARK MILLENNIUM PSYCHEDELIC AWAKENING.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I wish there was a FW model for this.

https://youtu.be/x6r4ZvJXAUY

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I like using them as Scouts personally.

Eisenhorn talks a lot about cops using Land Speeders so the Speeders Storm the scouts can take would make sense.

I guess it's going to come down to which bothers you more: having 3+/6++/AoF thing or them having S4/T4.

:shrug:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Truescaling is some kind of disease

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Death by climate change or death by airbrush.

I'll take the airbrush.

Just lol if you don't die from the most beautiful lung tumors, as I intend to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Safety Factor posted:

Truescaling is some kind of disease

This just makes me want Primaris terminators.