Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

MikeCrotch posted:

Unless I'm mistaken there are instant adventures as well

There are Instant speed adventures as well. This might be a dumb question but could you then cast the creature right after you are done with the adventure at instant speed? Sort of like Flash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SalTheBard posted:

There are Instant speed adventures as well. This might be a dumb question but could you then cast the creature right after you are done with the adventure at instant speed? Sort of like Flash?

No, the creature follows normal creature restrictions

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

A big flaming stink posted:

where, exactly, are you going to put your adventure exile cards so that they aren't in your graveyard or your regular exile cards? limited is one thing, but constructed is chock full of ways to exile stuff, and having to remember if this card was exiled as an adventure or due to another reason is just begging for a rules clusterfuck
adventure exile go next to graveyard, permanent exiles go sideways under graveyard or sideways half-under playmat or sideways above library (under your life total dice).

It's not that difficult, really

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

where, exactly, are you going to put your adventure exile cards so that they aren't in your graveyard or your regular exile cards? limited is one thing, but constructed is chock full of ways to exile stuff, and having to remember if this card was exiled as an adventure or due to another reason is just begging for a rules clusterfuck

do you put your suspend cards in the same pile as cards exiled by removal

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Can Karn get back a wormcoil that's been exiled?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

do you put your suspend cards in the same pile as cards exiled by removal

suspended cards have a counter on them

Yawgmoth posted:

adventure exile go next to graveyard, permanent exiles go sideways under graveyard or sideways half-under playmat or sideways above library (under your life total dice).

It's not that difficult, really

you have an adventure card in your exile pile, but somewhat dislodged from it. did you adventure it, or did it get exiled for some other reason?

and this is to say nothing about potential sleight of hand nonsense.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

ilmucche posted:

Can Karn get back a wormcoil that's been exiled?

Depends on the Karn.

4 mana, yes if it was exiled with a silver counter.

5 mana, yes.

7 mana, yes if it was exiled by either ability. If it was exiled by a path, no.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

go back to Tarkir and the clans have figured out that the dragons are actually bullshit and are rising up against them.

seriously gently caress sarkhan and his dragon fetish, Tarkir and everyone who lived there was way better off without the loving shithead dragons

I think that's pretty likely, and there's a good chance the enemy color will end up being dominant (creating real wedges designed like Alara's shards instead of the way they were before) as a reaction against its previous removal. Just like Theros was seeded with stuff to do when they returned to it, as we saw today, MaRo's said Tarkir also had things seeded in to make a return possible, and I think he outright said there wouldn't be much point returning without wedges.

If it doesn't happen, it'll probably just be because they have a lot of popular planes in rotation now (with Dominaria, Ravnica, Zendikar and Innistrad seemingly being locked in as permanent go to planes), and some old favorites may never find a spot in the schedule since they want to add new planes that may become popular in their own right as well.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 4, 2019

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Bugsy posted:

Depends on the Karn.

5 mana, yes.

????? Karn TGC is also 4 mana

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

suspended cards have a counter on them

you have an adventure card in your exile pile, but somewhat dislodged from it. did you adventure it, or did it get exiled for some other reason?

and this is to say nothing about potential sleight of hand nonsense.

Guys how do I remember what card was exiled by my opponent's Fiend Hunter so that I know which one to bring out from my exile pile when it dies? loving memory issues.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

ZeroCount posted:

Guys how do I remember what card was exiled by my opponent's Fiend Hunter so that I know which one to bring out from my exile pile when it dies? loving memory issues.

you can tuck cards under fiend hunter/oblivion ring/etc

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
put the adventure exiled cards in the spot where you'd put revealed from hand cards in friendly play, except sideways

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

you can tuck cards under fiend hunter/oblivion ring/etc

So you're saying you put those cards into a different pile from your regular exile pile? Wow!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
How is "having a seperate pile of cards exiled with adventure" a serious problem we should devote any time to at all?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

AnEdgelord posted:

How is "having a seperate pile of cards exiled with adventure" a serious problem we should devote any time to at all?

This is the MTG thread. There's only a complaint about small or non-issues in days that end in Y.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Just cast an Adventure card in Brawl right now and all your questions about "when can I cast a creature card" will be answered

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Wizards, if you reprint tymaret, goat chucker, I will return to magic to play standard for the next two years.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I doubt wotc didn't consider adventure counters. They just probably found them to be superfluous in testing.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Huxley posted:

Her insta is NSFW but man alive, she is good.

If she's in this set, it'll be because she wants to be and because they showed her the money she deserves. I'd love for them to give her a real showcase card like they do Seb. There's no way, though.

Hmm, let me check this here...wow there are some drawings of people with three dicks on this, also Rebecca Guay is pretty jacked

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

You look so stupid in this post. Have you heard of thief of sanity? Light up the stage? Hostage taker? "Exiled but it might not stay exiled forever" is a really common pseudo zone at this point, I don't think players are going to pull their hair out on this one.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Magic Underwear posted:

You look so stupid in this post. Have you heard of thief of sanity? Light up the stage? Hostage taker? "Exiled but it might not stay exiled forever" is a really common pseudo zone at this point, I don't think players are going to pull their hair out on this one.

all of those are either extremely temporary, or are already marked by other in game objects.

Rinkles posted:

I doubt wotc didn't consider adventure counters. They just probably found them to be superfluous in testing.

yeah you're probably right about that. karn silver counters work because karn is the only card that uses them. making every adventure card require keeping track of a non-+1/+1 counter would probably create just as many memory issues as lacking them. (suspend counters are similar, but as mentioned before suspend counters tend to go away faster than not)

guess it's just sort of a messy space in general

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 5, 2019

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, and? It really won't be a problem. If it were, they'd have made adventure counters or something to help.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Temporary side trips to Exile other than being permanently removed from the game has been a thing since I was in middle school and pretending it's going to be a problem is some amazing pearl-clutching action.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Wizards, if you reprint tymaret, goat chucker, I will return to magic to play standard for the next two years.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Meatbag Esq. posted:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I mean. Adventure pile is also going to be temporary. And the adventure frame is already kind of a hint, a visual indicator if you may, that you shouldn't treat it like your generic exile pile

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

I mean. Adventure pile is also going to be temporary. And the adventure frame is already kind of a hint, a visual indicator if you may, that you shouldn't treat it like your generic exile pile

...that's actually a good point i didn't consider.

the frame certainly means its gonna be hella difficult to mistake it for a non-adventure

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Adventure isn’t an issue and the guy defending it probably doesn’t think it’s a problem anymore either but literally nobody on earth will stop defending anything after getting flamed about it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

This is a total nonnissue and your handwriting about it is strange.

I think it was their typing about it actually

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Voyager I posted:

Temporary side trips to Exile other than being permanently removed from the game has been a thing since I was in middle school and pretending it's going to be a problem is some amazing pearl-clutching action.

With adventures, I think the problem is going to be people casting the adventure side and putting the card into their graveyard and then remember that they needed to put it into exile instead two or three turns later. A mechanic like rebound was a use-it-or-lose-it situation, so if you forgot to cast it in your next upkeep, it was gone forever.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Arivia posted:

I think it was their typing about it actually

shame on you if you don't write out each of your posts in cursive and then scan it and use OCR to paste it onto the forums

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GoutPatrol posted:

Hmm, let me check this here...wow there are some drawings of people with three dicks on this, also Rebecca Guay is pretty jacked

Tri-hog elf will finally make elves tribal modern playable.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Important lore question: does writing Embereth on the floor stop the beasties of Eldraine from attacking you?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Why am I not surprised that thread veterans would immediately take the opportunity to reminisce about the glory days of Murdergoats?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
I mean how could you not reminisce fondly of Murdergoats? Hell, how could you not reminisce fondly of this thread's love of Murdergoats, for that matter

Edit: if you think Adventure is gonna cause memory issues you're just searching for something to complain about. Although I will agree that it's very mildly annoying since the common shorthand for temporary exile is to put that card underneath the card that's temporarily exiling it which you can't do with these, but like... how often is that ever gonna come up, honestly, and is a second pile for Adventure Zone really that cumbersome?

sit on my Facebook fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 5, 2019

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Elyv posted:

Important lore question: does writing Embereth on the floor stop the beasties of Eldraine from attacking you?

Only when you have an @ emblem and m - a magic marker. You must write it on the table.

Your opponent attacks thin air.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

all of those are either extremely temporary, or are already marked by other in game objects.
Actually not, two cards in standard at this very moment are totally without time limits or counters: thief of sanity which I mentioned, and the WAR three mana Vivien.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

AlternateNu posted:

Why am I not surprised that thread veterans would immediately take the opportunity to reminisce about the glory days of Murdergoats?

Because it was a cool and also good deck.
To bring to FNM.
That's the only place I brought it.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I still remember that time I got blown out by my opponent using Devour Flesh to answer my Akroan Horse. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Count Bleck posted:

Because it was a cool and also good deck.
To bring to FNM.
That's the only place I brought it.

I basically just played it casually and at game day.... but the regulars at my lgs knew I was good enough at it that they had to bring sideboard hate for me specifically.