Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Milosh posted:

I still have the last three slots in my Chalice to unlock. Is it possible to farm that many imperials before Sep 17? I need ~16000, and have already cashed in most of the triumphs. Why do I want that dumb emblem for moments of triumph?

Most people had their chalices fully 100% unlocked within 2-3 weeks of the season start.

As long as you got Power & Efficiency II early, you'll be fine

Do all the triumphs, buy all the barge chests, always have a "bonus imperials" consumable active, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

per dmg:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/cz7j69/destiny_2_update_2522/eywhydv/?context=3&st=k04725aq&sh=edff5809

"You should get a drop in Prime/T2 Reckoning by your fourth match completion. You should get a drop in T3 by your second successful completion."

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

also there is a bug with starting wave 7 EP too soon and the boss not spawning, wait at least 10 seconds before starting it.

Roman fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 3, 2019

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roman posted:

per dmg:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/cz7j69/destiny_2_update_2522/eywhydv/?context=3&st=k04725aq&sh=edff5809

"You should get a drop in Prime/T2 Reckoning by your fourth match completion. You should get a drop in T3 by your second successful completion."

They already had that, it was just by your 5th completion regardless of tier 2/tier 3. They just slightly improved the bad luck protection.

Before the buff:
6.6% chance to get a Spare Rations in Tier 2
4% in Tier 3

Post-buff:
8.3% in Tier 2
10% in Tier 3

Which is god-awful compared to Menag (100% and you choose the masterwork)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Fly Molo posted:

They already had that, it was just by your 5th completion regardless of tier 2/tier 3. They just slightly improved the bad luck protection.

Before the buff:
6.6% chance to get a Spare Rations in Tier 2
4% in Tier 3

Post-buff:
8.3% in Tier 2
10% in Tier 3

Which is god-awful compared to Menag (100% and you choose the masterwork)

Source on the pre-buff? I'm fairly confident I've gone more than 5 clears without a weapon drop before.

I'm also not sure that dudeMan's "you should expect a drop every 2 clears" should be taken as a literal guarantee mechanic of 1 drop every second clear.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Source on the pre-buff? I'm fairly confident I've gone more than 5 clears without a weapon drop before.

I'm also not sure that dudeMan's "you should expect a drop every 2 clears" should be taken as a literal guarantee mechanic of 1 drop every second clear.

Yeah, same, but over a bunch of farming around a month ago, 1/5 seemed to be the average for me.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

https://twitter.com/tenses1n1ster_2/status/1168419044434894848?s=21

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
The worst part about being stuck on Ps4 before cross save was having to wait two weeks for a tiny update to copy over the entire loving game

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
My stacks got compressed. But it's a good thing as long as i don't delete a stack by mistake.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

haveblue posted:

The Drifter has the single best line of dialog in the entire game.

"DING"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Barricade nerf annoys the poo poo out of me. It's low key effective in pvp because you could pop your barricade with alpha lupi and push immediately and it would confuse people.

Was really handy with last word for winning a 1v2.

Kind of also hinders titans utility in pve in general and they already kinda sucked in pve comparatively.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

not a single bit of pee, downvote

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Kind of also hinders titans utility in pve in general and they already kinda sucked in pve comparatively.

Weapons of light is back, boom fixed.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

Weapons of light is back, boom fixed.

We are back to being bubble bitches

I mean i do understand what they are trying to do. I don't mind to much but it's a bit lame

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like that their solution to hammers of which all 3 subclasses need a buff was to bring out an exotic for a tree no one has used since fallen walker events.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
First week back Destiny 2 PvP Thoughts -

- gently caress multiple slides
- gently caress shotguns
- gently caress rocket launchers
- gently caress whatever superpowers people use who ruthlessly bum my corpse

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Captain Log posted:

First week back Destiny 2 PvP Thoughts -

- gently caress multiple slides
- gently caress shotguns
- gently caress rocket launchers
- gently caress whatever superpowers people use who ruthlessly bum my corpse

It does poo poo me when some fucker standing still slide shotguns me. It still catches me off even after 5 years of the same poo poo

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Bring back one hit kill grenades.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Monday_ posted:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

not a single bit of pee, downvote

Maybe he just drinks a lot of water.

Like a lot.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Monday_ posted:

This would help a lot. I have basically not aim but I can drop a grenade in panic. Grenades is basically how I managed to win games in trials or osiris, sometimes forgetting I had a weapon equiped.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

People endlessly complained about OHKO grenades, if you'll remember. Teams in trials would run all starfire protocol warlocks with double fusions to abuse the tracking. Basically what I'm saying is that it sounds like it would solve what you don't like now (shotguns) but cause a completely different problem.

If you want to solve shotguns without waiting for a major design change, just run a fusion! It's easy, it's fun, and it's got cool particle effects!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Emron posted:

People endlessly complained about OHKO grenades, if you'll remember. Teams in trials would run all starfire protocol warlocks with double fusions to abuse the tracking. Basically what I'm saying is that it sounds like it would solve what you don't like now (shotguns) but cause a completely different problem.

If you want to solve shotguns without waiting for a major design change, just run a fusion! It's easy, it's fun, and it's got cool particle effects!

Can't screw up trials if there is no trials *guy_tapping_temple.gif*

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't think grenades should be OHK even though it would be a ton of fun because murdering assholes is great.

But they should not be things that people straight up ignore like they do now. You can't even reliably combo them because of the TTK on weapons, if you try to fling a grenade and finish up with gunfire you're gonna lose 99% of the time.

It's just a button we've all taught ourselves to press when an opponent ducks around a corner, hoping they stopped right there to get finished off in the splash damage (this never happens).

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I hope they remove comp when they add trials of Osiris, or else they're gonna create another Gambit & Gambit Prime problem

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Someone empty quote me but modify the post so it just says I Hope They Remove Comp

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Someone empty quote me

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

im such a garbo pvp guy that in the time ive spent trying to reach 2100 for recluse i managed to get redrix :blastu:

e: still haven't made 2100 tho lmao

kecske fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 4, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

kecske posted:

im such a garbo pvp guy that in the time ive spent trying to reach 2100 for recluse i managed to get redrix :blastu:

Nice! It's going to be quite good in PvP next season. Maybe lost sectors too, but it's a bit outside my lane to claim it.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Arc web is dumb.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

They're reducing the price of Forsaken Complete Collection on PlayStation and Xbox which includes the Y2 Annual Pass. (Steam coming 10/1) It's $24.99 on PSN right now. Also free year two Annual Pass for all Forsaken owners on Sept 17.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

I don't think grenades should be OHK even though it would be a ton of fun because murdering assholes is great.

But they should not be things that people straight up ignore like they do now. You can't even reliably combo them because of the TTK on weapons, if you try to fling a grenade and finish up with gunfire you're gonna lose 99% of the time.

It's just a button we've all taught ourselves to press when an opponent ducks around a corner, hoping they stopped right there to get finished off in the splash damage (this never happens).

I run double pulse nades and just use them to block off doors, deny area and otherwise control traffic, it works really well.

Not so great at getting kills. The damage is pretty poo poo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

OHK grenades were dumb as hell and would be even more of a scourge in d2.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just neuter them in stupid sweat rear end comp then, problem solved

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Yes.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

xzzy posted:

Titan and especially Warlock grenades are in a decent place (especially with Arc Web, hello quad-kill grenade), but trying to get Hunter grenade kills is an exercise in frustration.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Titan and especially Warlock grenades are in a decent place (especially with Arc Web, hello quad-kill grenade), but trying to get Hunter grenade kills is an exercise in frustration.

Trip mines are pretty fun, you can get some silly kills if you're clever with placement.

Nothing approaches the gently caress you factor of arc web though.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

Bring it back

https://youtu.be/QssdKgXebno

Just loving do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
That was deffo the worst meta lol