Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I've been wanting to play Demon's Crest for a while, so I'm really happy about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I still can't believe loving Deadly Premonition 2

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rot in hell NES Online

Also... DOOM64 is out the same day Eternal is out on other consoles....
Switch delay incoming :thunk:??

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do we know when to expect the snes game update? Midnight or sometime tomorrow?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Do we know when to expect the snes game update? Midnight or sometime tomorrow?

Tomorrow probs. It's well after midnight where I am and no sign.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Lol and here I thought that we would all be talking about TMS port but here we are

Now all we need is W101

edit: And Bravely Default

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Time to start my yearly SMW playthrough and beat ALTTP for the first time ever! Thanks SNESFLIX!!!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

holy poo poo that was a good direct

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Put Chrono Trigger on this

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

edit: And Bravely Default

We know the studio is working on something Bravely and they did have that Christmas image a year or two ago of Edea holding joycons...

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

😻😻😻😻

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yeah some RPG’s for the SNES would be good but that’s still a solid rollout.

Countdown to ROCK N ROLL RACING

*16 bit Paranoid*

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m gonna sell my SNES Mini now. It’s going to be way more convenient playing all those games on Switch. I’m glad we have the option of only buying one SNES controller. I’m gonna use the hell out of that controller for other games too like Mario Maker.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

How does the first Xenoblade game compare to 2? I tried to stick with 2 for a while, but just couldn't deal with the gacha system for blades, the crazy number of different systems in the game overall, and the occasional overly anime-ness of it (particularly with the Nopons).

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Man the switch loving rules.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

404notfound posted:

How does the first Xenoblade game compare to 2? I tried to stick with 2 for a while, but just couldn't deal with the gacha system for blades, the crazy number of different systems in the game overall, and the occasional overly anime-ness of it (particularly with the Nopons).

It doesn't have gacha so if nothing else you can actually plan how to build your team.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

SeANMcBAY posted:

God drat, I’m so happy.

Someone let us know how the port of 1 is. I’d buy it unseen for 20 but for 30 I need to know if it’s a decent port.

From the stream I'm watching, so far it's running the best of all the versions, seems like a consistent 60 fps. For some bizarre reason the extra opening cutscene from the director's cut was removed, and yet it uses the director's cut's blue healthbar UI, so I have no idea what's up with this weird-rear end port.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Al-Saqr posted:

Man the switch loving rules.

:hmmyes:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

404notfound posted:

No gacha system, but it still has a crazy number of systems that aren't all completely fleshed out (the big gimmick being every character having a unique gimmick if you're controlling them.) It's a bit less obnoxious with the anime (but that's still definitely present) and the Nopons are a much smaller part of it. Thankfully the Nopon party member is a much better character than Tora. He's grating but without most of the creepiness.

The big downside to Xenoblade 1 is that it's a completionists nightmare with literally hundreds of MMO fetch quests.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I completely passed on Dragon Quest XI but I'm very sure I'm gonna pick it up (also the Trials of Mana remake when that happens)

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

404notfound posted:

No gacha, less game systems, still has Nopons but they’re almost all contained in their capital city rather than spread out across the game. Lot less “meh meh meh” poo poo too if I remember right.

Main character is actually somewhat relatable and not a 12 year old anime child.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

404notfound posted:

Far superior in terms of gameplay, story and characters. No gacha bullshit, better voice acting, less nopons. With the updated graphics it should be incredible.

I'll buy it day one for sure.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Paused the video to see which SNES games.
Italicized are the ones where I have never heard of
Bold is Demons Crest cause it rules

Brawl Brothers
Breath of Fire
Demons Crest
F-Zero
Joe and Mac 2
Kirby's Dream Course
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Pilotwings
Star Fox
Stunt Race FX
Earth Defense Force
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid
Some Tiny Japanese Game Box I Can't Fuckin Read
Super Soccer
Super Tennis
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

eonwe posted:

I completely passed on Dragon Quest XI but I'm very sure I'm gonna pick it up (also the Trials of Mana remake when that happens)

Get the demo, it's stupid long and your progress carries over.

Just save whenever you get the chance, it's crashed on my like six times.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
seems like the daemon x machina performance is like dramatically better than the first demo i played

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Can't believe we're getting F-Zero and Starfox on the switch at last in 2019

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I haven't played Xenoblade 1 and I'm looking forward to it, but in defense of 2 the gacha system is only annoying if you are trying to get a particular blade (ex. KOS-MOS) and the voice acting you can get around by getting the free Japanese VA pack (the con to this is that now the game is 100% anime instead of 99% british anime).

To me, the strengths of the game come from the combat system. Dunno how XB1 fared in that department.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I always wanted to play Xenoblade but didn’t want to play it on Wii or 3DS so I’m very happy it got a Switch version. It looks pretty involved beyond a simple HD port as well.

Pigbuster posted:

From the stream I'm watching, so far it's running the best of all the versions, seems like a consistent 60 fps. For some bizarre reason the extra opening cutscene from the director's cut was removed, and yet it uses the director's cut's blue healthbar UI, so I have no idea what's up with this weird-rear end port.

That’s awesome. The DC scenes are kinda lovely and pointless so I don’t mind if they’re gone.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bbcisdabomb posted:

Weird never crashed for me. I was playing in pretty discreet chunks though because I was going back and forth between it and Fire Emblem

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bbcisdabomb posted:

I believe they updated it and it fixes the crashes.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Paused the video to see which SNES games.
Italicized are the ones where I have never heard of
Bold is Demons Crest cause it rules

puyo puyo

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Puyo Puyo 2

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There'd better be some cool poo poo for the Xenoblade Definitive Edition so I don't feel as dumb buying it for a third time.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s a shame Mega Man X will never be added and we’re stuck with the laggy legacy collection :smith:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

YggiDee posted:

There'd better be some cool poo poo for the Xenoblade Definitive Edition so I don't feel dumb buying it for a third time.

apparently that last shot is of an area that was cut from the original game but could still be found in the game's data, so it's definitely got some new content

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Well that direct sucked.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Araxxor posted:

Well that direct sucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG3JRN5PoDQ

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Brawl Brothers is a pretty standard side scrolling beat em up. Played the hell out of it as a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz03Px1nVb8

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Wii U is so pointless now. It's the most invalidated console in existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Araxxor posted:

Well that direct sucked.

I don't even know where to start with how wrong this is.