Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Willie Tomg posted:

what is the crack ping meme

in true cspam tradition i refuse to do any research on this whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

A Real Hologram posted:

this story / link is going around .... I think it was posted above:

https://twitter.com/_luke_slytalker/status/1169050757204606976?s=12

Seriously, goons, get on this. Gotta keep crack pinging. I'm addicted.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Christoph posted:

Seriously, goons, get on this. Gotta keep crack pinging. I'm addicted.

i have no idea what any of this image key malarkey means.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

paul_soccer10 posted:

What is crack ping

At this point just refer to me please

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

paul_soccer10 posted:

What is crack ping

Just use every single one of my posts as context

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
stegonography scanning is a bunch of hokum, unless it was embedded super obviously, there's no way someone got a result like that without the stego scanner inferring a BUNCH of things about the nature of the data

essentially the scanner looks for data patterns in the JPG or w/e file that might be hidden information, and when it finds something it'll be like "HEY MAN, I THINK I GOT XYZ" and the output will be a bunch of gibberish that you're supposed to be able to clean up from there

even the most simple online stego tools can encrypt the data with a password to be extracted by whoever is supposed to know about it, fwiw, i grabbed the files he's talking about from the NYpost server and ran online stego scanners on them as well as one for cygwin and didn't find anything crazy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the Abby Martin interview is just a non-stop stream of WHAT THE gently caress

they got to the part about the CIA "leasing" girls to the UAE and I had to pull off the side of the road before I got into an accident I was so mad

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/dabeard/status/1169450587445956611?s=20

MIT is, uh, handling this well

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

this is the older brother of John Negroponte, former Deputy SecState and former Director of National Intelligence

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

My brain just sounds like a garbage disposal filled with broken glass

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

this is the older brother of John Negroponte, former Deputy SecState and former Director of National Intelligence

Now let's not jump to conclusions, I'm sure the fact that this guy flew on Epstein's jet is completely innocuous

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

they got to the part about the CIA "leasing" girls to the UAE and I had to pull off the side of the road before I got into an accident I was so mad

This is why I only listen to Cum Town in the car.

Anyway I guess the Epstein revelations are slowing to a trickle, so everyone should wet their whistles on this bit.

https://twitter.com/RyanMcManimie/status/1169276659372969984?s=20

The interviewee here has gone into hiding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrUkRs8wDo0

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

they got away with it again. time is a flat circle.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I get the feeling that the last four years has all been one big "limited hangout," and when the liberals retake power and "restore sanity" they'll declare you a crank for remembering any of it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Anyway I guess the Epstein revelations are slowing to a trickle, so everyone should wet their whistles on this bit.

Isn't hammarsjkold some weird cia spy or something as it is, what with him appearing out of nowhere to be appointed as sec general

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gradenko_2000 posted:

Linku

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

check out the rest of this thread for a story about this dude being (shocker) a huge poo poo head

https://twitter.com/jiatolentino/status/1169445572882944000

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I get the feeling that the last four years has all been one big "limited hangout," and when the liberals retake power and "restore sanity" they'll declare you a crank for remembering any of it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://soundcloud.com/media-roots/epsteins-mysterious-network-sexual-blackmail-as-intelligence-gathering-w-whitney-webb

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This is a superb summary of the entire thread for those who haven’t been keeping up. The part on the history of Israel and Mossad’s role in all of this is as hosed as it is not surprising re: the Maxwell family.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
the Q stegonography stuff that twitter posted is such ARG poo poo it’s embarrassing (YOU’RE GETTING CLOSER)

The NYPost stuff is still interesting, could be some Bible Code bullshit, but “SecretKey” while still ARGy does go in line with the CIA being morons

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Yeah the thing this conspiracy theory needs right now is a lot more people disinclined to believe conspiracy theories.

"Wait, why would anyone do that as opposed to some smarter thing" is a better way to think than just enjoying each crack and ping

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

ikanreed posted:

Yeah the thing this conspiracy theory needs right now is a lot more people disinclined to believe conspiracy theories.

"Wait, why would anyone do that as opposed to some smarter thing" is a better way to think than just enjoying each crack and ping

Why would they gently caress children when clearly they have the resources to gently caress adults who are physically similar to children, I'm sure this is all just a big misunderstanding.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Ace of Baes posted:

Why would they gently caress children when clearly they have the resources to gently caress adults who are physically similar to children, I'm sure this is all just a big misunderstanding.

Because they're psychopaths with no empathy or sense of consequences.

Questions with answers are good.

"Why would they communicate with steganography by broadcast medium when they could send an encrypted message directly" does not get answered by understanding the rich are evil

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
the steganography stuff is either a misdirect or literally nothing (it's not that weird to have pgp keys on servers like that) but approaching any of this with Occam's razor is pretty dumb

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Ace of Baes posted:

the steganography stuff is either a misdirect or literally nothing (it's not that weird to have pgp keys on servers like that) but approaching any of this with Occam's razor is pretty dumb

Occam's razor still says Epstein was murdered

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

ikanreed posted:

Occam's razor still says Epstein was murdered

yes, which is incorrect, he is alive

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1169656833851703297?s=19

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/HolidaysBot/status/1169596180302639104?s=20

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Ace of Baes posted:

drat, found a ChildNode.js on the nypost.com, wonder what that’s about

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Ace of Baes posted:

Because not everyone can be Elon, duh.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

It seems like (I haven't checked it myself) that Qanon weirdo actually did find a string saying "secret key" steganographically encoded in a jpeg of Epstein. Everything else in that thread is free-associating Q-brain poo poo. I don't think you can extract any real information from that find except for the fact that the NY Post is pretty suspicious, which we already have other evidence for.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

sleeptalker posted:

It seems like (I haven't checked it myself) that Qanon weirdo actually did find a string saying "secret key" steganographically encoded in a jpeg of Epstein. Everything else in that thread is free-associating Q-brain poo poo. I don't think you can extract any real information from that find except for the fact that the NY Post is pretty suspicious, which we already have other evidence for.

im basingg it being nothing based on a long explanation from a computer toucher in one of the Epstein group dms I'm on Twitter in, which they're basically saying it's normal for servers to have that for internal communication or whatever?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

sleeptalker posted:

It's most likely a digital watermark used by big image houses like Getty to find and sue people who use their images without permission.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Ace of Baes posted:

im basingg it being nothing based on a long explanation from a computer toucher in one of the Epstein group dms I'm on Twitter in, which they're basically saying it's normal for servers to have that for internal communication or whatever?

I'm not an expert at all, but I think they would tend to have those as plain files. Concealing a key in a publicly accessible image seems unusual. But nothing I've seen really points to why the key is there, all we have is the fact that it is there.

jre posted:

It's most likely a digital watermark used by big image houses like Getty to find and sue people who use their images without permission.

Maybe, but it's a type of steganography that's very vulnerable to reencoding. If you resized the image a bit, the hidden data would be gone. That makes it seem not that useful for watermarking.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

jre posted:

this, to me, makes the most sense. if they were trying to secretly communicate they would just email the cia directly in plaintext to cia at cia.gov.

edit: of course a skilled person could remove the secret key, but why not leave it in a little to no cost to catch low hanging fruit.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
The Unabomber used to put meaningless messages inside the packages he mailed just to gently caress with and confuse anyone who intercepted one. Inside one unexploded bomb there was a note saying ""Wu—It works! I told you it would—RV"" and in other cases he'd attached plates with fake initials. Similarly, we know that in the past the government has fed stories to UFO conspiracy theorists to make them publish ridiculous sounding statements that will discredit them to the larger public.

So perhaps the truly crack pinged option here is that blatantly photoshopping pictures of Maxwell and putting random "clues" in the metadata of the pictures would be a way to muddy the waters and confuse people. Plenty of normies who might be open to hearing about all the very weird coincidences surrounding Epstein's "suicide" are going to lose interest fast when you start ranting at them about secret messages inside the meta data. And yet it's exactly the kind of weird salacious detail that potential conspiracy theorists are likely to fixate on. It would be a low cost way to drive wedges into any potential truther movement thereby insuring that any conspiracy theory remains isolated outside mainstream opinion and is only associated with cranks. Obviously there are less elaborate explanations that should be considered first, but this is a scenario to always hold somewhere in the back of your mind.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The meta data thing is bullshit because it's q stuff and that's disinformation

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

Hatebag posted:

The meta data thing is bullshit because it's q stuff and that's disinformation

I believe you but is there proof to support this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

watched this today. this was wild