Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Artifacts aren't unique, go spend a few days looking for a new Scroll 1 and donate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Solumin posted:

Artifacts aren't unique, go spend a few days looking for a new Scroll 1 and donate it.

My concern is that the game won’t let me donate it again since I technically donated it already.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
In the worst case scenario there is a save game editor on the nexus that will allow you to directly modify your wallet (which is where the translation guide goes) and fix yourself that way.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Sorry, I misread your post. I thought you said it wasn't in the museum, so I thought maybe you accidentally didn't donate it. But rather, you did donate it, but the scroll disappeared.

I think I've heard of this glitch before, but the only thing you can do is edit your save. You can try rearranging the scrolls in the museum and see what happens.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Don’t close the doors at night, only close them in winter.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Counterpoint: take care of your animals, you monster

Closing doors at night also makes it easier to pet/milk/shear all your livestock in the morning, because you don't have to chase them down in the field

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

GotLag posted:

Counterpoint: take care of your animals, you monster

Closing doors at night also makes it easier to pet/milk/shear all your livestock in the morning, because you don't have to chase them down in the field

the fact that that second part is even remotely a thing is what makes me keep exactly one cow and exactly one goat and fill the rest of my space with pigs. i will never have to run down a pig.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

This is probably a dumb question but can animals walk through open gates?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Yeah

They won't really try to unless the nearest grass is on the other side, though

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
Also, the best tricks for animals is building fences on top of food-grass so they can't eat it, but the grass will continue to expand outward every day. Plus, you only have to do it at the beginning of the year and never worry about it after.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Extra points for doing it on a diagonal fence.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I had one cow get stuck outside for like two entire seasons. No matter what, it just wouldn't go back inside. It definitely had valid paths back to the doors - no walls or gates, but every day it just refused to return to the barn. It kept getting in the way of things so I eventually just deleted it.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I use the Winter Grass mod. The grass doesn't expand in winter, but it doesn't disappear either.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

webmeister posted:

I had one cow get stuck outside for like two entire seasons. No matter what, it just wouldn't go back inside. It definitely had valid paths back to the doors - no walls or gates, but every day it just refused to return to the barn. It kept getting in the way of things so I eventually just deleted it.

Sometimes I notice a stray animal hanging out outside when their path wasn’t blocked at all.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Can’t you push animals? Push it closer to barn?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1169664970646155264?s=19

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
gently caress. I just want 1.3 on consoles. That seems to be too much to ask.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Dr.Smasher posted:

gently caress. I just want 1.3 on consoles. That seems to be too much to ask.

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1169655606849835008

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Wait, what version is on mobile right now? 1.2?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait, what version is on mobile right now? 1.2?

I dunno if the numbers mean the same but the iOS App Store says 1.36.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
Fish Eggs in Kegs, them brown barrels can do erre'thing!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I'm gonna need a bigger farm

I think goats dislike leaving the barn doors open but maybe not?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Amazing, my wife and I make fake ones around the ponds on the farms because she loves koi ponds, hopefully they add koi to the game as well!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is there no way to sell weapons and equipment on mobile? When I played on PC I could have sworn you could sell stuff to the guild.

edit: Ohhh you gotta tap on your inventory in the corner first to sell stuff.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I really wish I could just pause the game to design my farm and home. Like just stop the clock so I can sit there thinking about if stone floors look better than weathered floors or figuring out how to arrange my living room. I don’t care if my crops don’t age or anything.

I know there’s a website for designing the farm but it doesn’t join floors and fences etc for me so it doesn’t look right. Also, the placement of trees is a bit weird on that site. Plus I can’t use the website on my iPad 😞. Also the forest map is at least missing some bushes that I can’t clear in game so depending on how OCD I am everything might end up shifted a block when I try to build it in-game.

Away all Goats posted:

Is there no way to sell weapons and equipment on mobile? When I played on PC I could have sworn you could sell stuff to the guild.

edit: Ohhh you gotta tap on your inventory in the corner first to sell stuff.

The annoying thing imo is that you can only sell certain stuff to certain vendors. I get the in-game story related reasons about why a blacksmith wouldn’t want to buy my pumpkins but it’s also not like the vendors in-game have limited funds for buying stuff like in some other games so I just don’t get the point. It’s 2019 and I expect conveniences :argh:

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Sep 6, 2019

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tars Tarkas posted:

Amazing, my wife and I make fake ones around the ponds on the farms because she loves koi ponds, hopefully they add koi to the game as well!

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Carp
:raise:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

I really wish I could just pause the game to design my farm and home. Like just stop the clock so I can sit there thinking about if stone floors look better than weathered floors or figuring out how to arrange my living room. I don’t care if my crops don’t age or anything.

I know there’s a website for designing the farm but it doesn’t join floors and fences etc for me so it doesn’t look right. Also, the placement of trees is a bit weird on that site. Plus I can’t use the website on my iPad 😞. Also the forest map is at least missing some bushes that I can’t clear in game so depending on how OCD I am everything might end up shifted a block when I try to build it in-game.

The annoying thing imo is that you can only sell certain stuff to certain vendors. I get the in-game story related reasons about why a blacksmith wouldn’t want to buy my pumpkins but it’s also not like the vendors in-game have limited funds for buying stuff like in some other games so I just don’t get the point. It’s 2019 and I expect conveniences :argh:

While this isn't in the game, I think you should be able to just dump everything into the shipping bin at the end of the day, maybe with certain items asking if you REALLY want to do that, and some essentials just flat-out not being allowed. I think that, if you can sell it to at least one person, it should be shippable. drat it, Lewis, do my work for me!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I still play putting all my poo poo in bins and never selling directly to anyone.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

World Famous W posted:

I still play putting all my poo poo in bins and never selling directly to anyone.

Same. I just wish I could literally do that for everything that I own that I can sell.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Tars Tarkas posted:

Seconding this. Podunkian please tell Ape to add a super relaxing koi pond please

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I was excited after putting honey in a keg and getting mead. So imagine my sadness when I got potato juice! Wtf even is potato juice?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'unno, but Blackadder accused Lord Melchett of getting a hangover from half a pint of the stuff.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Half a pint is a lot of potato juice to be fair

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

HungryMedusa posted:

I was excited after putting honey in a keg and getting mead. So imagine my sadness when I got potato juice! Wtf even is potato juice?

I accidentally made Kale Juice a couple times. I don't wanna think about how that would taste.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ILL Machina posted:

Sauce, please.

E: I found this:

https://screenrant.com/starbound-chucklefish-unpaid-developer-accusation/

Sounds like people were unpaid contributors that expected their efforts to be rewarded, though that was never promised. Pretty common video game dev storyline, though it's good to get some industry coverage. Could really stand to uniformly unionize, but that's a pipe dream, probably. Especially since the lines between independent and established dev/publisher aren't clearly delineated.

One of the reasons a game dev union hasn't been happening is game devs are just leaving. Apparently a ton of them are finding that their skills transfer pretty easily into less glamorous work that pays twice the salary for half the hours doing less work on longer deadlines with less pressure in places with less traffic and half the cost of living.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Dr.Smasher posted:

I accidentally made Kale Juice a couple times. I don't wanna think about how that would taste.

I’ve blended kale into smoothies before and it’s p good.

I have no idea what blended or juiced potatoes would be though.

“Juiced” potatoes reminds me of one specific moment in my life when I was 20 and moved to my own place and left and forget about a sack of potatoes in the cupboard for god knows how long. Long enough for it to liquify and it was the grossest thing I’ve ever had to deal with even now 10 years later :barf:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Oh yeah, rotten, liquefied potato is loving nasty. It's the sort of awfulness that normally needs decaying meat to achieve.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Can fruit trees overlap like this?

code:
x = tree
o = empty

OOOOO
OXOXO
OOOOO
OOXOO

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Nope. They each need their own 3x3 grid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Also be aware that fully-grown fruit trees have their maturation (for higher quality fruit) paused if there's grass or paving or anything around them, which is bullshit.