Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

gently caress yes freckles!

Thanks for the feedback on the ferrets, I got Cute Standards(TM) to maintain and I heavily second-guess myself when I'm drawing critters I'm not all that familiar with. But there's a some sorta Ferretpalooza coming up and people will desperately need to get ferret stickers, so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

I hated that freckle juice book as a kid. Don't let them lie to you. They never go away.

Dickbat at rest.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

For all those who come here and think "I wanna be good at drawing too! But I have no talent and you guys are intimidatingly talented."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv_tMuYn32c

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Al! posted:

new avatar

Dang now that's a bird!

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

my buddy Superfly posted:

Dang now that's a bird!

babies/toddlers/small children are also like this

quid pro quo

birds are baby

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Wow, that's gorgeous!

I think I'm getting worse at this faces thing...

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Kanine posted:

babies/toddlers/small children are also like this

quid pro quo

birds are baby

Space Ghost also is then baby of course.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Keetron posted:

For all those who come here and think "I wanna be good at drawing too! But I have no talent and you guys are intimidatingly talented."

That was pretty hilarious.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
A kung-fu mouse?!?

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Keetron posted:

Thank you for posting this. When I first saw it, I assumed I was gonna hate it, but it actually turned out to be just the thing to cheer me up so I could keep on truckin.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

(Guess what image I accidentally drew all over the sketch layer on!)

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I need want to draw / paint more, keep struggling with when I have the time for it. Only a bit in the weekend and that is it.
With inktober coming up, I'd better get in the habit of sitting down daily and churn something out.

bonus: quick sketch to see where I wanted to put the sky and if the blue would work with the grey.

2nd bonus: Jason study.

Keetron fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 8, 2019

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Keetron posted:

I need want to draw / paint more, keep struggling with when I have the time for it.

I've had some fun with making a playing-card sized template, putting a load of frames on a single page, and just doing quick tiny studies - the small size forces you to cut down on the detail you try to put in, and means you don't chew through supplies if it goes wrong. Ideal for lunch breaks!

Really nice perspective work on that house, it's a really convincing picture!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

lofi posted:

Really nice perspective work on that house, it's a really convincing picture!
I bought a lightbox :-(

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Shinmera posted:

This one's really nice! The brush strokes and colour give it a lot of intensity.

November:

When goons are inspiring.

Before

After

This was a rough sketch for Atomic Leviathan artdome prompt. There is an artdome due today if anyone is game!

Final (3D) version ended up being this.

Artdome entry: (visual pun)

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Sep 9, 2019

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Keetron posted:

I bought a lightbox :-(
Lightboxes are great! I use mine alllll the time. No shame in using your tools.

I've been watching a load of scambaiting streams lately, so I drew one of them:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

That's really cool. ^

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

lofi posted:

Lightboxes are great! I use mine alllll the time. No shame in using your tools.

It feels like cheating and then you compliment me on the perspective that I knew was to hard to get right which is why I bought the lightbox in the first place.
But yeah, I'll get over myself already.

Thought: for warming up inktober, I bet there is a sketchtember and else we can declare it here.
I found a few prompt lists, I think this one is nice:

Let's see how far I get.

edit: starting at the 9th, I reached a new low.

Fuckshit, it says leaves, not even leaf.

Keetron fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 9, 2019

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Keetron posted:

Fuckshit, it says leaves, not even leaf.

Man I'm glad I'm not the only one who's shite at jumpstarting daily art movements.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Shinmera posted:

This one's really nice! The brush strokes and colour give it a lot of intensity.

November:

wowee :wth:

e: for content: here's a head study

a hole-y ghost fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 10, 2019

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

There, 10th of September, prompt: SHADOW
10~15 minute.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Ugh
Trying to get back into the spirit of dailies. Spent over an hour on something I ultimately threw in the trash. Good start.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Well, hey, at least my test print arrived and to my astonishment the colours actually already looked alright! Nothing came out way too dark like last time.

For anyone interested in owning one of these, you can now pre-purchase one on gumroad: https://gum.co/yukari2020
I can do international shipping, and it should all arrive well before the new year, probably even before Christmas.

Edit: is there a dedicated place to post about goon published stuff people can buy? I scanned throug the CC threads, but nothing seems to quite fit the bill.

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Sep 11, 2019

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

The SA mart maybe? Or the project solicitation thread in CC.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Day 11 of #sketchtember: Moth.
I like moth. I do not like the placement of moth, the page ran out.

This poo poo is hard.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

protip - ALWAYS sketch the basic shape, like just a box or a triangle, before you start - avoids that sort of poo poo.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

lofi posted:

The SA mart maybe? Or the project solicitation thread in CC.

I was looking at the latter, but it seemed to be focused on kickstarters and funding projects like that exclusively?

Quick daily:

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Keetron posted:

This poo poo is hard.

No no, you made a conscious Art Choice to have it that way. There's no mistakes, only happy accidents! (This btw is why I love digital. Run out of room on the canvas? Add some more border!)
I mean, I would always do a quick shape first to avoid this if I was drawing a person.. and then without fail run out of room on the shape when drawing the face. Because that's how I roll.

I do like the moth, too. A good one to push from sketch to a painting.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

"The artist chose to place one set of wings just out of scene, engaging the viewer by inviting them to imagine the implied symmetry."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

lofi posted:

protip - ALWAYS sketch the basic shape, like just a box or a triangle, before you start work digitally, because then you can just extend the canvas infinitely whenever you run out of room - avoids that sort of poo poo.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Keetron posted:

This poo poo is hard.
drawing stuff that gets cut off is Good and Builds Character because you have to force yourself not to shrink stuff as you get closer to the edge

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

oh heres another head study, this time w marker

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

It's been well over 7 years since I posted in an SA Draw Every Day thread. I was speaking with my therapist on Monday, we're going over ideas on how to work on mindfulness and whatnot. Out of nowhere I decide that maybe getting back into drawing could help. I bought a display tablet off Amazon, and it got here today. I'm also planning to do these drawings streamed on Twitch on a set schedule. I think that will help me keep that daily schedule.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Revol posted:

It's been well over 7 years since I posted in an SA Draw Every Day thread. I was speaking with my therapist on Monday, we're going over ideas on how to work on mindfulness and whatnot. Out of nowhere I decide that maybe getting back into drawing could help. I bought a display tablet off Amazon, and it got here today. I'm also planning to do these drawings streamed on Twitch on a set schedule. I think that will help me keep that daily schedule.

Welcome back!
Personally I would recommend against streaming as it ties your creative progress to onlookers, aka external validation, sort of similar to this thread, instagram and whatnot. It is hard to stay motivated if you need to get your motivation from the inside, but I find the reward so much sweeter if it works mostly as I can regulate it myself instead of depending on strangers on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

Revol posted:

Welcome back to drawing! I'd also second Keetron's suggestion to reconsider streaming as a way to hold yourself accountable - streaming on Twitch can potentially be pretty demoralizing, especially for new artists (not that you're totally a "new" artist, but hopefully you know what I mean), since it gives you a numeric indicator of success (viewer count and chat activity) that isn't related at all to how successful your drawing is, or how successful you are at maintaining a mindful schedule for yourself.

BUT, do what you think is best for you, and it you decide to stream post a link in here and and your schedule!

I drew a Nosferatu.