Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
vasquez had to kill to survive. those were vietnam draft equivs they had no choice but to bring it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imagine knowing you are expected to be meat grinded

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: got lost sorry. where this. who that

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Did somebody say Vasquez?

Alternately:

Bonus facial expression combo:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
It warms my heart to know they put so much detail into Mad About You figures :allears:

off to try to find the limited edition Power Armor Helen Hunt on ebay

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

How do I get out of this chicken poo poo outfit?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Vasquez and Gorman's death was so badass they ripped it off beat for beat in Game of Thrones with an elf and a magic fireball.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I like to imagine she is this duct with Drake...

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

Sarah Conner wanted to survive

Vasquez wanted to kill

When Sarah Connor had the opportunity to kill, she chose not to, because she didn't just want to survive, she wanted to save. Sarah Connor is muscly lady Jesus and is therefore the best.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

"You're terminated fucker!"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I teach at a girls' school, and I showed my senior students Terminator 2. They all genuinely LOVED Sarah Connor.

That's my Sarah Connor story, thanks for being a great audience.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Sarah Connor and Ripley were up there with Arnie and Sly to us back when we were kids.

As an adult though? We know Vasquez kicks bother their asses. :hellyeah:

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Drunken Baker posted:

Sarah Connor and Ripley were up there with Arnie and Sly to us back when we were kids.

As an adult though? We know Vasquez kicks bother their asses. :hellyeah:

A Vasquez kick wouldn't bother my rear end one bit
:swoon:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

From the meme thread:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Fister Roboto posted:

From the meme thread:

:boom:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Drunken Baker posted:

Vasquez and Gorman's death was so badass they ripped it off beat for beat in Game of Thrones with an elf and a magic fireball.

Gorman's death is one of my favorite movie redemption stories. Green as goose poo poo, freaks out and freezes up and gets people killed, gets injured and recovers just in time to redeem himself by going back for an injured marine that hated him more than anyone and die together in a blaze of glory and self-sacrifice.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Fister Roboto posted:

From the meme thread:

lmao

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Fister Roboto posted:

From the meme thread:

These are my new favorite memes.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

marijuanamancer posted:

Everyone forgets this is also John Conner's adopted mom in Terminator 2! You see her blade the dude to the fridge!

Jenette Goldstein played Jenette Vasquez in Aliens and then in Terminator 2 her character's name was Janelle, because a third Jenette would just be too bad rear end.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

From the meme thread:

Nice.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jay_Zombie posted:

Jenette Goldstein played Jenette Vasquez in Aliens and then in Terminator 2 her character's name was Janelle, because a third Jenette would just be too bad rear end.

(Almost) all of the Marines in ‘Aliens’ share their first name with the actor who played them; the exceptions are (Dwayne) Hicks and (Scott) Gorman. Bishop even has a first name, although he also has an android model number (341-B).

The actors also got to personalize their own Marine armor; Hudson’s literally has a can opener on the codpiece (and the action figure accurately recreates this).

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

I never noticed the can opener before. Neat little detail.

I heard that Michael Biehn didn't get to customize his own armor like the rest of the cast, because the role was originally played by James Remar (who still appears in the movie in some scenes where you only see the back of Hicks). Remar was supposedly fired for drug posession or something and Biehn was brought in. And it was Remar who got to decorate the armor that Biehn would later inherit, and Biehn didn't particularly care for Remar's aesthetic choices.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
A coke spoon and a built in bong.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

From the meme thread:

This is top tier poo poo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jay_Zombie posted:

I never noticed the can opener before. Neat little detail.

I heard that Michael Biehn didn't get to customize his own armor like the rest of the cast, because the role was originally played by James Remar (who still appears in the movie in some scenes where you only see the back of Hicks). Remar was supposedly fired for drug posession or something and Biehn was brought in. And it was Remar who got to decorate the armor that Biehn would later inherit, and Biehn didn't particularly care for Remar's aesthetic choices.

I heard the same. Although I heard the reasons Remar quit were directorial differences or something.

They also had a whole boot camp bonding type experience that they purposefully didn't have Gorman be a part of to show how detached he was from everything. He was the outsider.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I heard the same. Although I heard the reasons Remar quit were directorial differences or something.

They also had a whole boot camp bonding type experience that they purposefully didn't have Gorman be a part of to show how detached he was from everything. He was the outsider.

I also heard of the creative differences argument too. That sounds like a better thing to put down for a "why did you leave your last job?" question than "I was snorting lines off Ripley's cryo-tube".

Semi-Related, they did the same thing on Saving Private Ryan, except they left Mat Damon out of the boot camp so that there would be an overtone of resentment towards him, which would mirror Sgt. Miller and the Ranger's resentment towards Private Ryan.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 5, 2019

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Drunken Baker posted:

I wish I could find it, RedLetterMedia did a review of a film on their Best of the Worst that ripped off Aliens virtually scene by scene, even having Vasquez/Gorman suicide in the same way.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

happyhippy posted:

I wish I could find it, RedLetterMedia did a review of a film on their Best of the Worst that ripped off Aliens virtually scene by scene, even having Vasquez/Gorman suicide in the same way.

Shocking Dark/Terminator 2 (yes that is the title).

It's horrible.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Shocking Dark/Terminator 2 (yes that is the title).

It's horrible.

Thats not the one I mean, though that is a total rip off too.
The one I am thinking about has someone dressed in a bodywarmer like Burke.
Need to know my RLM better gently caress.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

happyhippy posted:

Thats not the one I mean, though that is a total rip off too.
The one I am thinking about has someone dressed in a bodywarmer like Burke.
Need to know my RLM better gently caress.

Carnosaur (or 2), I think? And at the end the hero fights a t-rex with a fork lift. Haha.

When Lance et al went on to do Near Dark they did the same thing they did in Aliens with regard to decorating their own props. Lance's duster has an American flag sewn into its inside because he made up a backstory for himself where he was turned during the civil war.

DVD extras were loving great and are why physical media > streaming.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Re-watching the Aliens director's cut right now, and I had a good laugh when Newt's parents went in to the Derelict ship.
"Wow! An extraterrestrial spacecraft! Who knows what possible dangers lurk inside! We better make sure to wear our science class goggles for safety!"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
From PYF

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I could read memes like that all day.

But maybe I’m slow in the head, I don’t get the tuition one. :saddowns:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xenomrph posted:

I think it's making a joke that no college tuition has ever gone down over the years so since the mom says it's good to get a break it's clearly a lie.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Xenomrph posted:

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?

Fake edit: that line has been done already but hopefully it will have a better reception this time

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

fuckin carl

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hell Stink posted:

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?

Fake edit: that line has been done already but hopefully it will have a better reception this time

Don't worry, I got it :thumbsup:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

AFewBricksShy posted:

A new challenger has entered the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I've been thinking about Left 4 Dead/Vermintide but its with aliens instead.

So many different alien types to kill. So many weapon loadouts. So much banter between 4 marines as they try and reach a drop zone for evac.

I depress myself sometimes.