Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

The parts that u said are bad are the good parts. Except the story since every jrpg story is bad

Every nopon after the first game is a bad failed attempt to replicate rikki and they keep getting worse somehow. Except chairman Bana who is great.

Tales of Woe posted:

i haven't played 1 but what i saw of the combat looked pretty bland compared to 2's system

That's fair, 2's actual combat is pretty solid, I'll give it that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

gently caress you

Go to hell idiot

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
jrpg stories follow the same rules as anime and platinum games, where the dumber and more outlandish it gets the cooler it becomes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Live Free posted:

jrpg stories follow the same rules as anime and platinum games, where the dumber and more outlandish it gets the cooler it becomes

Lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
yeah i mostly hated xbc2's story and like its general thing of seeming to be aimed at like literally little kids

which I mean is fine, little kids should have games too but I think I need something that's at least "young adult" like persona at this point lol

this is not to denigrate anyone that liked it or call you a kid, i can appreciate doing weed and playing something like ni no kuni or something, xbc2 just didn't seem like it was even particularly well done, like a disney movie or some poo poo would be

i can see how the combat might be appealing tho, if it were attached to a story that I was less embarrassed by I probably would have played it more

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 5, 2019

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1169731934035070979

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

xenoblade and persona are not aimed at different audiences, they're both shonen series

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
If you say so, persona seems way more for teens than kids to me

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what in Gods name

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

wtf

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
when your joycon starts drifting just smack your sibling in the head with the new joyring

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Wii fit?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Nintendo has lost its loving mind

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
gamers, prepare to get loving wild with this circle

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

destroying ornstein and smough (joyring only run)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

gamers, prepare to get loving wild with this circle

Preparing HD rumble ring to react to a 9/11 style event

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Stefan Prodan posted:

yeah i mostly hated xbc2's story and like its general thing of seeming to be aimed at like literally little kids

which I mean is fine, little kids should have games too but I think I need something that's at least "young adult" like persona at this point lol

this is not to denigrate anyone that liked it or call you a kid, i can appreciate doing weed and playing something like ni no kuni or something, xbc2 just didn't seem like it was even particularly well done, like a disney movie or some poo poo would be

i can see how the combat might be appealing tho, if it were attached to a story that I was less embarrassed by I probably would have played it more

nah man

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
just losing my goddamn loving mind with The Circle

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Demons Crest is so cool. snes ftw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

Demons Crest is so cool. snes ftw

Nice. Except you mean a fake version running on stolen open source emulator code. Try owning it in the 90s like me and big dick mike aka real gamers

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Nice. Except you mean a fake version running on stolen open source emulator code. Try owning it in the 90s like me and big dick mike aka real gamers

try spending hundreds of hours of your youth catching frogs and turtles like me and then reevaluate what you think is cool and good. you idiot fucker. you moron. all the frogs are dying nowadays, good luck bitch

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

"a special chair for reacting to a 9/11-style experience"

edit: gently caress!!!!!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nintencucks love playing with their joyring

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011