Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Captain Fargle posted:

So no interesting votes to watch out for today?

The Lords is going to be crawling along until late night tomorrow probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Junior G-man posted:

Alright, back-of-the-napkin time;

The UK exported ~122 billion USD to the US in 2018. However, it has a negative trade balance with the US of nearly 20bn usd.

The UK exported ~360 billion USD to the EU in 2018. It also has a 67bn usd trade deficit with the EU.

So, in the Mike Pence situation, you'd have to max out a 400% increase in trade with the US to fully take over the export to the EU. Or you'd have to make some kind of mix of EU and US trade happen, but that does need to include a lot of poo poo the world wants to buy - and as the deficits show, nobody's queuing up desperately for UK-made stuff or services.

So, if you three- or four-fold the US-UK relationship and didn't adjust the balance of payments, the UK would be 80bn USD behind per year in a US-UK trade deal. That's a lot of pork pies.

We'd appreciate it if you all could send us some of that Cadbury Dairy Milk you're always going on about.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
E: ^^^^^ it's shite, get some belgian or swiss chocolate instead.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

suddenly very interested in how many brexit-wanters are antivax

I had the exact same thoughts. "Man, this is going to hurt is reputation with his base".

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mahoning posted:

We'd appreciate it if you all could send us some of that Cadbury Dairy Milk you're always going on about.

It's gone downhill because you yanks bought it out, I believe.

Still better than Hershey's, mind.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah cadbury tastes like vom now. Thanks obama.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Kraft Foods bought Cadburys in 2010, the recipe changed, Cadburys now almost as bad as regular US chocolate.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Feinne posted:

The "Led by Donkeys" is the best part.

It's the name of the group who put them up.

It's fun enough but ultimately it's 'Drumpf' territory

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
https://twitter.com/RealTimeWWII/status/1169638148386824197

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's about three shots of vodka depending on the purity as ethanol is less dense than water.

E: or about 5 uk 25ml measures apparently.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 5, 2019

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
id love to see him face these fuckers down in a protest lol

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1169641507969744896

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Cross posting from doomsday economics:

Two interesting tidbits I picked up today, although I can't give sources for doxxing / inadequate Google fu reasons.

First, at the moment carbon credits are going for €50/ton in the UK energy sector, which is ~60‰ of the total price of fossil fuel generation. Wonder how much the disaster capitalists stand to gain from crashing out of the EU and not having to deal with those pesky things anymore...

Second, the UK window to reclaim PPI has just closed after paying out about £36 billion. The bank of England has said that this has translated into the same economic impact as £150 billion of quantative easing.

If the whole reason the economy hasn't crashed yet is a QE effect from banks being forced to pay back customers they ripped off I will laugh my arse off.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Shameful stuff from The Daily Show. That's not a Scottish MP they've dubbed over How To Train Your Dragon - it's loving Bercow.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

That's about three shots of vodka depending on the purity as ethanol is less dense than water.

E: or about 5 uk 25ml measures apparently.
That's enough to buttress failing morale, but not enough to get me drunk and shooting wildly at Nazis that turn out to be squirrels.

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013
Does anyone have a link to the UKMT Discord, assuming i'm right in thinking that was a thing?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Depends how fast you chug it I guess.

Or whether you save it up for a few days :v:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dead Goon posted:

Kraft Foods bought Cadburys in 2010, the recipe changed, Cadburys now almost as bad as regular US chocolate.

Thankfully Caramac still exists and is the same as ever.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Rahzmataz posted:

Does anyone have a link to the UKMT Discord, assuming i'm right in thinking that was a thing?

https://discord.gg/6c56vW

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013

Thanks! This last few days has got me wanting to return to making GBS threads on the Tories with people.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The_Doctor posted:

Thankfully Caramac still exists and is the same as ever.

Slightly gritty and tasting vaguely like butterscotch Angel Delight?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Johnson only wants no deal so he can buy american brand pork in spotted dick form.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jedit posted:

Slightly gritty and tasting vaguely like butterscotch Angel Delight?

Like white chocolate mice have been at the butterscotch, yes.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Morbidly curious to know if Miftan has partaken in the caramac

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm fairly sure all nestle products are not vegan by definition.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

baka kaba posted:

Morbidly curious to know if Miftan has partaken in the caramac

Never heard of it. I did like Angel Delight or whatever it's called as a child.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I actually don't think I've ever had a caramac either cos I assumed it had nuts in.

Might try one tomorrow.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Miftan posted:

Shameful stuff from The Daily Show.

you repeat yourself

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The BoJo Po-Po speech is loving weird.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ever wanted a can of condensed milk in handy bar form? Well you're in luck buddy!!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

speech going well then

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://twitter.com/nicholaswatt/status/1169648024823455744

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bardeh posted:

speech going well then
Do none of them read it out to him because they expect that saying "You do not have to say anything. But, it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court." to him might be used by the prosecution by the end of the year?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

careerist Jeremy Corbyn doesn't care about brexit, he only wants power!!

Jeremy Corbyn doesn't want an election surely that's in his job description it's a deriliction of duty!!!!!!

e- there's a blonde woman coincidentally right in front of boris doing big theatrical nods and head shakes along with what he's saying. That's right Prime Minister!!!

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 5, 2019

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Caramac is the loving tits

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/WebDevLaw/status/1169646506011443201

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

"Asked by another journalist if he would ever seek an extension to Brexit from Brussels, he said no, and that he would "rather be dead in a ditch".

But he would not say if he would resign or not over the issue."

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Cop down!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sebzilla posted:

"Asked by another journalist if he would ever seek an extension to Brexit from Brussels, he said no, and that he would "rather be dead in a ditch".

But he would not say if he would resign or not over the issue."

Ok so he's going to kill himself then. Fair enough.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Irish Cadbury is still good. UK is shite

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I think Boris just created the newspaper headlines on the day he leaves, hopefully soon.
'Dead in a Ditch'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

Irish Cadbury is still good. UK is shite

Yeah, was wondering why they were saying it tastes different.
Is there a big difference between UK and Ireland cadbury?