Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I agree with y'all though, the NFC North is wide open and may possibly have more parity than any other division this year. I can see each of these teams getting to 10+ wins. At least, that's what it seems like before the games have even started. I don't buy the Lions as the overall winners but we'll see

Play fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

I am ready for one (1) fan base to meltdown tonite

I don’t know any Packers fans who seriously expect them to pull off a win tonight.

So you are saying it’s the Bears fan base that will become irate :v:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Imagine being a Bears fan and ever expecting the Bears to beat Aaron Rodgers Bullshit.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm pretty sure both will.

I mean we all hate our loving teams :v:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

iospace posted:

I'm pretty sure both will.

I mean we all hate our loving teams :v:

I don't hate the lions, I just find validation in their failures

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I'm a Packers fan and I expect them to win. They got destroyed last year in the opener yet still won.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
People in my Chicago office keep calling Trubisky "Trubinsky" and it's driving me insane

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hot Diggity! posted:

People in my Chicago office keep calling Trubisky "Trubinsky" and it's driving me insane

Owns

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Hot Diggity! posted:

What’s wrong with correctly pronouncing his last name?

I for one just wish we had Alshon Jeffries back, but I’m glad that bum Cody Parker is gone

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I mish Josh Mcgowan

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Biscuits's ceiling is probably "lightly toasted".

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Bip Roberts posted:

Nah, if the Packers suck and lose, I'm pretty sure everyone will be like, "Whelp!"

But, yeah, Bears fans are primed to melt the gently caress down if things don't go their way tonight. I'm a Wisconsin > Illinois transplant and there's a whole lot of smug going around amongst Bears fans where I live and work.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

LabyaMynora posted:

Nah, if the Packers suck and lose, I'm pretty sure everyone will be like, "Whelp!"

But, yeah, Bears fans are primed to melt the gently caress down if things don't go their way tonight. I'm a Wisconsin > Illinois transplant and there's a whole lot of smug going around amongst Bears fans where I live and work.

If the Packers suck and lose LaFleur is gonna be called to the chopping block for the entire season.

Can't fire Dom Capers twice.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

imo it's basically a 50 50 game

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Nah, Packers fans know tonight isn't the last game of the season. I'll be happy for them to come out of the game healthy with an L.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Watch it end in a 4-4 tie.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Any Bears fan that doesn't just assume Rodgers will go into Bullshit Mode and complete 25 consecutive passes has never watched a game of football in his or her life, trust me, the guy who effectively called the Rodgers comeback as soon as he came back on the field in the second half.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

dreffen posted:

If the Packers suck and lose LaFleur is gonna be called to the chopping block for the entire season.

Can't fire Dom Capers twice.

I doubt it. This is the first new coach for Green Bay since last decade. They would have to look completely unprepared and inept for that to happen.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

SKULL.GIF posted:

I doubt it. This is the first new coach for Green Bay since last decade. They would have to look completely unprepared and inept for that to happen.

Well there's a certain quarterback starting tonight who didn't take a snap all preseason and is going to run a whole new offensive playbook...

Play
Apr 25, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Any Bears fan that doesn't just assume Rodgers will go into Bullshit Mode and complete 25 consecutive passes has never watched a game of football in his or her life, trust me, the guy who effectively called the Rodgers comeback as soon as he came back on the field in the second half.

The Bears definitely need to be better on offense for this game, Trubsiky is really gonna have to show some things. But yeah, I think a ton of us called that comeback. It felt inevitable for some reason at the time.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Whooping Crabs posted:

Well there's a certain quarterback starting tonight who didn't take a snap all preseason and is going to run a whole new offensive playbook...
Who cares about preseason? If Rodgers sucks, it isn't because he didn't take 15 snaps in meaningless games.

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 5, 2019

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Leon Einstein posted:

Nah, Packers fans know tonight isn't the last game of the season. I'll be happy for them to come out of the game healthy with an L.

yeah I don't really expect Green Bay to win tonight but as long as they show enough to have some things to get excited about that's good enough for me. If guys are getting open now and again and the defense looks like it might finally be tougher than a wet Kleenex I'll be p excited for what the season might bring. I'm expecting the run game to take a couple games to get rolling, but it would be nice if there aren't tons of blown assignments and holding penalties.

I'm also curious to see if the pass rush starts to actually exist this season instead of just hoping the qb trips or has an asthma attack or something. This season should be a good indicator of how Gute is at his job, be it good or bad. If all of the free agent signings whiff and Gary doesn't show at least some improvement as the season rolls along it might be time to worry. King is a walking injury, and Burks seem like he might be too. Graham seemed like a good signing at the time but has been a disappointment. Alexander looks like he could be a stud, but I'm less sure about Jackson. I like the Amos signing and I'm excited to see what Savage can do. So it's really been a mixed bag but if the Smiths don't get it done it'll start to tip the scales towards bad and that might not be good.

Also, hell yeah football is back and I'm in a state of arousal! Go football mans go!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Considering we aren't even going to see the full offense tonight a loss is more expected than not. All I want to see is the defense play relatively well, the offense to look modern, and no injuries.

I hope the Packers win and Trubisky is Bad

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
My prediction is that Rodgers will get hurt in the first quarter and be out until week 9, and then hang it up and retire midway through the season.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

My prediction is that Rodgers will get hurt in the first quarter and be out until week 9, and then hang it up and retire midway through the season.

I'd never wish an injury on someone, but that's probably the only way Rodgers retires before 40 unless he just completely falls off in production.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

SAS Eliminator Pick 'Em believes in the Bears more than I would have expected:

(I am one of the 86, but don't feel good about it)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Those Packer votes are all SAS Bears fans

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Yeah I guess there's a good double meltdown possibility where the winning team also has a major injury

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bip Roberts posted:

Yeah I guess there's a good double meltdown possibility where the winning team also has a major injury

We already had that last year

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Happy kickoff y'all :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odwj5R1JUT8

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Go Pack Go :toot:

I'm anticipating a Green Bay Football Packers victory and many beer cans containing anywhere from zero to some beer being hucked at my garage wall in celebration or frustration or Joe Buck appearing on screen. :woop:

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Whooping Crabs posted:

Rodgers always looks rusty at the beginning of the season or coming back from IR. He's going to miss a few short throws by floating them long throwing off his back foot, and he's going to audible out of some slants and into long-developing plays where he'll dance around behind the line for a while before either taking a sack, throwing the ball away or forcing it to a multiply-covered Tae on a go route along the right sideline 40 yards down the field for an incompletion. He will then scowl and shake his head while the punt team comes on the field. The announcers will talk about "uncharacteristic inaccuracy" as if they haven't seen this five or six times before. Also, there will be at least two serious injuries in the Packers' secondary and probably one of the OTs will go down with a knee injury. On Friday, several FS1 hosts will say Rodgers has always been dogshit while several ESPN hosts will say he is a perfect angel and his coach and teammates are the worst in history.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

scuz posted:

Go Pack Go :toot:

I'm anticipating a Green Bay Football Packers victory and many beer cans containing anywhere from zero to some beer being hucked at my garage wall in celebration or frustration or Joe Buck appearing on screen. :woop:

Regardless of success or failure on the field, we can always revel in victory over our livers

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
count me as a Bears fan who believes 100% that Aaron Rodgers will activate god mode and dismantle us in heartbreaking fashion tonight

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Also given our inside lb situation I expect Chicago to have 300 yards rushing. Hopefully Jones gets going though and runs for some yards and maybe some first downs too!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Blotto Skorzany posted:

Regardless of success or failure on the field, we can always revel in victory over our livers

I anticipate a late comeback by the liver, actually

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1169736695568379911

Packers by 13

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
A guy I know stuck his face in Italian beef sauce as a "bears baptism" at some idiotic event

This is a different guy than the one who failed horribly at the fg contest at goose island last winter

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Anti-Hero posted:

I don’t know any Packers fans who seriously expect them to pull off a win tonight.

Yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Suits are cool, bring back coach suits and not this sweats garbage.