Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSapp/status/1167722168840536064

The wording of this tweet made it sound like this woman bought Garfield Eats lock, stock, and barrel, but I think she just (a) bought everything on the menu and (b) showed them pictures of her Garfield collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This restaurant will be kept afloat solely by crazed Garfield superfans.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you started dating someone and they were like 'I'm really into Star Trek" you'd probably be like '... Eh, sure".
If they said "I am a Garfield superfan" that would be an instant "have a good life"

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
{Arabiolosis} Chapter Ten: The Prerogative

quote:

Mazri's Law #10: You always have a choice. Your destiny is measured by how much you very well want it against how many bad choices you make against it. Choose what makes more sense and the rest will fall into place. Believe it or not!

What a long, strange trip it's been. Quebec, Saudi Arabia, Paris*, Beirut, Dubai, London, LA, and now we're back on a plane headed home to Saudi Arabia again. (Nathen offhandedly mentioned spending summers in Paris when they weren't summering in Canada - I skipped recounting it. Chapter 2? Doesn't matter.) This book has had more exotic locations than an Ian Fleming novel but a lot fewer women. :rimshot:

The good news is that Nathen has used the twenty two hour flight home to be productive and has achieved Enlightenment mid-air:

quote:

On October 15th 2015, I was on the next plane to the middle of Arabia once again. On the plane, sitting in economy class, I simply felt a sense of serenity and peace with myself. (...) I was more in control of how my surrounding affects me and I had more power to accept who, what, and when a person or stimuli is permitted to enter my life. I was the master of my emotions. I reached a sense of self-confidence that I have never felt, coming really from within, that was contagious to people as they surely felt a sense of positivity and power emanating from my aura.

Enlightenment may have changed Nathen as a person but his writing metaphors still need a little work:

quote:

My driver waited outside as he took my luggage and drove on the King Fahad highway back home where everything to me seemed eccentric as I never thought I'd be back, but more peaceful and intriguing, as if I had never been to this part of the world before. Yeah, right! I endured more than the hyenas had when they were deprived of food when Scar took over the Kingdom in Lion King.

Nathen's family rejoices upon his return. His mother cries as he comes through the door, his siblings don't hate him any more, and even Absent Saudi Arabian CEO Dad is happy to have him home:

quote:

I heard steps coming down the stairs and it was my father who had the biggest smile reaching his symmetrical ears I have ever seen.

Are my ears symmetrical? As if my psyche needed something new to be self-conscious about. Anyways his father tells him he loves him and those familial drama plot lines are all wrapped up neatly with a happy ending.

But wait, the good news ain't over yet:

quote:

I was told the good news that evening as we had dinner: we were finally to move to Dubai, the land of abundance and extraordinary things, where my father had bought a six-room house. I was surprised and screamed from joy. (...) Dubai has recently attracted world attention through many innovative large construction projects and sports events. The city has become symbolic for it's skyscrapers and high-rise buildings, in particular the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa. In November 2013 it won the right to host EXPO 2020. The beautiful Arabian Sea that makes up The Beach by Meraas and Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) outside mall including the strip of restaurant where top hotel chains settle such as The Hilton, Mariott, and Ritz Carlton overlooking the beautiful beach and touristic streets were among my favourite hotspots.

I'm going to miss his press-release writing style, I really am.

Nathen runs into an old acquaintance at "Starbucks for men" and said acquaintance remarks that Nathen seems happier, healthier, etc. This gives him one last chance to launch in a multi-page essay on how Saudi Arabia has lost it's way (religion) but the West has also lost it's way (secularism) and if he offers some sort of solution I missed it as my eyes gloss over when these multi-page soliloquys drag on and on.

We end as Nathen does the movie thing and breaks the fourth wall by saying the title while the camera does a slow pan over the desert to finally end on a single flower blooming in a small, hidden oasis:

quote:

If I had never lived in Saudi Arabia, I would have never come into terms with suppression called Arabiolosis, the movement of an individual or collective individuals from a country that advocates freedom to a country that advocates suppression originated in Saudi Arabia. In my case, I moved from Canada to KSA, and today I shall post #TYKSA(Thank You Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) for the man I am today.

quote:

What is the theme of Chapter 10?
Think introspection!

Many thanks to all y'all that read all these summaries, to bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m for this thread, and to all the Garphiliacs keeping the Spirit of Garf alive. Finally I too would like to post #TYKSA for making Nathen into the entergaging individual he is today.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

#TYKSA to you, Thots & Prayers. What an incredible journey we've all been on. I will always remember to think introspection

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Thots and Prayers posted:

"Starbucks for men"

I'll have a grande with cream.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I can't believe I read the whole thing.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Thots and Prayers posted:

Finally I too would like to post #TYKSA for making Nathen into the entergaging individual he is today.

We look forward to his next venture.

(hopefully not trying to revive Scott Adams' Dilberito line for the 21st century)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSapp/status/1167722168840536064

The wording of this tweet made it sound like this woman bought Garfield Eats lock, stock, and barrel, but I think she just (a) bought everything on the menu and (b) showed them pictures of her Garfield collection.

whoa, there are other garfield fans?

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

If you started dating someone and they were like 'I'm really into Star Trek" you'd probably be like '... Eh, sure".

I'm in my 30s, why would a pedophile date me??

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Nathen's dad: Guess what my 30 year old son. We're all moving to Dubai!

Nathen: Hooray! Maybe we can get a Bangladeshi slave.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHnZphCBWTA

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

he is horny for Garfield.

https://twitter.com/MrKireko/status/1092869935653638144

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Shoutsout to the most oppressive kingdom out there, KSA! I wouldn't be the man I am today without you :) thank you

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Shoutsout to the most oppressive kingdom out there, KSA! I wouldn't be the man I am today without you :) thank you

You're a gay, wealthy, Garfield-obsessed failson??!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thank you, thots and prayers, for creating a much needed reminder of why the uber-rich should not be in charge of anything

Truly the lord's work

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

honk if you are horny for garfield

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."
Honk honk

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
this thread is loving incredible and thanks for taking one for the team thots

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

nm

Garfield
Jun 25, 2019

Everything about this is beautiful

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Garfield posted:

Everything about this is beautiful

You would say that

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

loving narc

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

how much do you think it would cost to get garfield eats to cater my wedding

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Killingyouguy! posted:

how much do you think it would cost to get garfield eats to cater my wedding

You should have the owner PLAN your wedding.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Gonna end up putting that orange suit on every groomsman.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

And the bachelor / bachelorette party, he'll probably hold it inside the Eats place despite there being no place to stand let alone sit.

THAT will be super hosed up

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Akratic Method posted:

Gonna end up putting that orange suit on every groomsman.

Pure class.

Binary Badger posted:

And the bachelor / bachelorette party, he'll probably hold it inside the Eats place despite there being no place to stand let alone sit.

THAT will be super hosed up

All drinks are orange.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 8, 2019

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

I'll copy and trace garfield all I want :catstare:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Debunk This! posted:

I'll copy and trace garfield all I want :catstare:

Jim Davis is coming for you!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jim Davis is coming for you!

*Monday themed screaming sounds*

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Garfield eat-za my rear end haha

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Imagine Garfield eating my rear end in a top hat uncontrollably, me going “Jaaaane, stop this crazy thiiiiing”

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Hello, you've reached Garfield Legal Department

Please listen carefully as our menu options have changed

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
I live literally around the corner from this place and it's basically always empty except on weekends when they have a Garfield mascot outside trying to wheel people in.
I've been meaning to order from them before it inevitably runs out of money and shuts down. Rent in Toronto is not cheap.
Accepting donations for science.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Firaga posted:

Sending thoughts and prayers (hey, just like Thots and Prayers! :dadjoke:)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Firaga posted:

I live literally around the corner from this place and it's basically always empty except on weekends when they have a Garfield mascot outside trying to wheel people in.
I've been meaning to order from them before it inevitably runs out of money and shuts down. Rent in Toronto is not cheap.

The owner is an United Emirates oil sheikh, and this is his pet project. It's not running out of money any time soon.

Nevertheless, order the whole menu asap

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Jon Arbuckle marinara sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"