Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its been preloaded on my switch for over a week now and killing me

Dunno what you're talking about (F5 repeatedly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

mega man x legacy 1 has mmx 1-4 on it. aka "the good ones and 4"

The boss music in X3 is perfect.

quote:

chrono trigger has a real shot. i want chrono cross too.

:unsmith: Prisoners of Fate (from the fight with Miguel) is such a sad remix of the overworld theme from 1000AD in Chrono Trigger. That entire sequence is so tragic, and everyone is locked in it...except for Miguel. The theme from the Kingdom of Zeal is available on iTunes to buy, as is the music that played when Azala was summoning Lavos and explaining why everyone was going to die horribly. The same one that the monster in one of the bars will play if you tell him to play something sad.

quote:

secret of evermore is a game square-enix has forgotten about because it was a western team who made it so who cares? we'll never see it again.

I had an emulated copy on a different computer a while back, at 10 I thought that the maps were huge but going back through it the various dungeons were like 3-4 screens across sometimes :laffo: Mana, Evermore, Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario RPG were like the 4 best RPGs on SNES, it was a mini-golden age of RPGs from a single company that actually managed to make 4 different games and sequels that were actually good, and right in a row (without any misses).

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

seiken densetsu 3 was incredible too

its in the mana collection and if you never played a patched emulated version then seriously get it. 6 characters for a 3 member party, multiple endings, a rad class system for snes, great music, etc. if you like snes rpgs then play it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

http://rainwoodworks.blogspot.com/2010/09/secret-of-evermore-was-one-of-my.html

good stuff on what was cut out of secret of evermore

such a cool and weird game. plus its rad to run into Shadow from FF6 in it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

gently caress man like it’s almost an exhausting time to like video games, my backlog is insane

I kinda wanna check out Astral Chain on the Switch too

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I kinda wanna check out Astral Chain on the Switch too

the metacritic score is getting hammered because platinum made fun of people getting mad its a nintendo exclusive

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

chrono trigger has a real shot. i want chrono cross too.

Trigger needs to come to the dang switch already so I can replay it again. I never played Cross, debating on getting a used PS Vita so I can buy it through the PS store to play it. That and maybe play through Vagrant Story again, now that's a soundtrack I can still hear.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Iain posted:

Trigger needs to come to the dang switch already so I can replay it again. I never played Cross, debating on getting a used PS Vita so I can buy it through the PS store to play it. That and maybe play through Vagrant Story again, now that's a soundtrack I can still hear.

if you never played chrono cross its really different from Trigger

and fuckin weird

40+ characters though, and a really cool environment feature for battles- if you cast 3 spells of the same type in a row, you saturate the battlefield and crit your spells until the enemy casts a different type to offset it

fantastic music too.

i remember when it came out- Square did a "Summer of Adventure" where they released legends of mana, threads of fate, and chrono cross in june/july/august. Chrono Cross came out in August, which took up the rest of my summer vacation.

was radical dreamers in between ct/cc? or after cc? i forgot all that stuff

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the metacritic score is getting hammered because platinum made fun of people getting mad its a nintendo exclusive

what causes gamer brain disease

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

if you are going to emulate CT the preferred version is the GBA- no load times like the psx version. also the psx version runs so slow bc instead of replacing the japanese text with english they just slapped another text box of english text layered over the japanese one, slowing the game down.

Cross should emulate fine with ePSX or PPSSPP, but it is multi-disc so it might cause issues. the psn download version for it runs totally fine on vita.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fallom posted:

what causes gamer brain disease

joker memes and vaping

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/nintendo...itch_this_month

jedi academy coming in 2020

now put tie fighter on switch

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Should just rename this thread to "The Switch Feed."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

sony and ms arent really putting anything out bc of next gen, so its basically pc or switch

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
I tried emulating Chrono Cross and I just can't play it. The combination of PS1 graphics and standard resolution are just too hard to make out on an HD screen for me. I think a smaller screen like the Vita or Switch would be more forgiving.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1169396475794620416?s=09

gently caress

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
F-Zero, Super Metroid, and now Jedi Outcast?? Hnnnggg

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

joker memes and vaping

honorable mentions to my boys Sam Elliot & the Peaky Blinders version of Cillian Murphy

I always wanted to get around to Cross. Seems to have some weird FFX/X-2 love it or hate it sort of vibe

also hol’ up isn’t the best Chrono Trigger the DS version and after? Didn’t they add a dungeon and a few others cool features?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

lmao

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 5, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

just wanna say as a snk fan from the old days this was p. much the greatest reveal trailer ever put out
Garou, KOF, inject it directly in my veins

also jesus nintendo has made terry look better than ever. also ken and ryu look way better than any 3d version capcom ever made.

im so mad its not geese though. at least hes in tekken 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

also hol’ up isn’t the best Chrono Trigger the DS version and after?

DS=/= GBA. my bad. that is the version to get, i thought it was released on GBA.

CT get hella expensive to buy. I know a guy who's collected every version, even the weirdo shoenen jump mail order only in japan version. they command high prices. only reason i say that is DS still sucks balls for emulation. i have no idea if the ds version is rare or not

if you really wanna emulate it then just do snes (when you're in the future you may have to turn off the graphics layer for the cloud to read the text) and watch the cutscenes from the psx version on youtube, it'll be the easiest time

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i don't want to play ffxiv anymore

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

also hol’ up isn’t the best Chrono Trigger the DS version and after? Didn’t they add a dungeon and a few others cool features?

No, the added dungeon is a miserable slog/fetch quest and the added cutscene to retroactively explain the plot of Chrono Cross makes no sense.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Smash is the one true fighting game

btw anyone know what a SNK is

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fallom posted:

i don't want to play ffxiv anymore

:wtc:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Supernintendokompact, an unlicensed GameBoy knockoff produced for a brief period of time in the German Democratic Republic unrelated to the console that later bore its name?

psydude fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Sep 5, 2019

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Smash is the one true fighting game

https://twitter.com/Erikibm1/status/1169374575546839041?s=09

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
So that Tetris update. Some of the stuff you have to do unlock certain icons :stare:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Word is in the Doom thread that Doom: Eternal's map names, weapon list, and overall plot are floating around the internet now. Avert your eyes, maybe by playing Doom 2016 and going back to your favorite set of runes with the berserker pack, and that one level where you can clear an entire set of enemies with your fists alone? :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZGU_JdQAow

It's so goddamn gratuitous

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Did they give a time for the SNES release on the store? My power is starting to flicker with this hurricane, and I want to jump on this before it's out.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Most updates hit around noon est in the eShop.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_kGJBv6Wr4

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Put Factorio on Switch

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

latin america is to KOF as Korea is to tekken

playing kof '96 on fightcade will get you destroyed by someone in Guatemala. repeatedly.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also hey if you dont wanna buy the official snes controller then the 8bitdo controllers are fantastic and on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBQBZ5F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8WrCDbKZ02WCM

thats the one I got, it works perfectly with pretty much everything ive thrown at it. it has rumble and motion controls, and its <45 bucks

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Space Engineers is on sale this weekend. I don’t remember why or when I added it to my Steam wishlist, but I guess it looked cool at the time? Has anyone played it/does anyone know anything about it?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Icon Of Sin posted:

Space Engineers is on sale this weekend. I don’t remember why or when I added it to my Steam wishlist, but I guess it looked cool at the time? Has anyone played it/does anyone know anything about it?

I bought it waaaaaay back when and even now it has kind of meh appeal. It is definitely meant to be played with others, I don't think SP is as fleshed out as other survival games. Much more emphasis on building nice looking things.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also hey if you dont wanna buy the official snes controller then the 8bitdo controllers are fantastic and on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBQBZ5F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8WrCDbKZ02WCM

thats the one I got, it works perfectly with pretty much everything ive thrown at it. it has rumble and motion controls, and its <45 bucks

It also has a full set of shoulder buttons for modern games which afaik the Nintendo one does not. It’s an excellent controller and also super portable.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SNES games are out on switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

just realized that now theres a chance UN Squadron will be on Switch