Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

THE HELL WITH THE SUN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avRHH9uAL4Q

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
That preseason game sure was boring

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
That game ruled. Lookin' good. Feelin' good.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

R.D. Mangles posted:

bring back rex grossman

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Congrats to the division champion Detroit Lions

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Offensive guru Matt Nagy is going to spend the season presiding over the worst offense in the league.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

xbilkis posted:

Somehow the Lions will be worse. The Lions are always worse.

This is going to be like that season where the Packers won the NFC North with an 8-7-1 record. Not saying for sure it will be the Packers this time, but whoever wins the North, it's going to be like that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
This game was dumb.

And more than Trubs in terms of importance, I have an immense fear that Nagy's offense has been figured out.

No one was open. At all. He couldn't get anyone separation. Rather than people kveching about the Defense regressing, they should have been worried about the Offensive line regressing, after playing absurdly good last year. Because boy were they bad in that game.

It'd also help if they you know ever called a hold against Mack, but that's just nitpicking...

Literally every single time they talked about how good Baktiari(or whatever) having a good play it was a hold.

It was loving hilarious.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
That game ended 10-3 why did trubs throw it 45 loving times.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TowerofOil posted:

mattnagy.txt

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

I graciously accept this highly paid position.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I'm glad the Packers won and I hope Davante is ok.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dexo posted:

It'd also help if they you know ever called a hold against Mack, but that's just nitpicking...

Literally every single time they talked about how good Baktiari(or whatever) having a good play it was a hold.

It was loving hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKzcfrriEME

It's a "loophole" in the rules

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

TowerofOil posted:

I had to check to see if this was true.... yep, 45 loving times.

Maybe Nagy figures if he can get Trubs some practice throwing the ball, he'll get better?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
lol at everyone except for one lone defender picking the Bears to win tonight. lol at the Bears. lol at Trubisky.

lol at Trubisky throwing the ball 45 times when the Bears were down by literally one score the entire game.

side lol at Green Bay's offense, but tbh I'm hoping that's a side effect of the Bears defense maybe still being good.

EDIT: lol at the entire analyst desk and Chris loving Collinsworth calling the Bears a Super Bowl caliber team and sucking off Trubisky constantly.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/1169814876807581697?s=19

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PneumonicBook posted:

side lol at Green Bay's offense, but tbh I'm hoping that's a side effect of the Bears defense maybe still being good.

Rodgers was definitely showing his age, esp. when he lobbed that attempted Hail Mary... did not look right!

Also, both Tight Ends are slow and struggle with catching the ball.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/StartKyleOrton/status/1169822546700537858

This is what I fear.

It always feels like he gets caught in the moment.

They should have been running the Ball so much more in that second half, but they just like stopped after the first quarter.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

quote:

To wit, this was the first time since before World War II the Packers won a game in Chicago scoring 10 or fewer points.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/StartKyleOrton/status/1169822546700537858

This is what I fear.

It always feels like he gets caught in the moment.

They should have been running the Ball so much more in that second half, but they just like stopped after the first quarter.

Maybe, but it also felt like they weren't putting themselves into good positions even when they were running it.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Nagy is not a good coach. They were good last year because of an elite defense run by Fangio (which Nagy admitted he didn't have anything to do with). Otherwise they had a bad offense and bad special teams. And lo and behold, it looks like the same formula this year. Just without the turnover luck.

Like I said last year, COTY should have gone to Fangio.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I still can't loving believe the bears went for it on 4th and 10 rather than just kick a goddamn field goal

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Thanks for Amos Bears!!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I still can't loving believe the bears went for it on 4th and 10 rather than just kick a goddamn field goal

why lose by 4 when you can lose by 7?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

LabyaMynora posted:

Also, both Tight Ends are slow and struggle with catching the ball.

Graham had an absolutely pathetic block on Mack early in the game where he just throw his whole body at Mack and Mack just kind of shoved him to the ground with one arm and then went on to terrorize Rodgers.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
What do y'all think Fat Mike is up to tonight?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/LilySZhao/status/1169820945344679938

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

What do y'all think Fat Mike is up to tonight?

Eating a lot of food and thinking of the good times.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Matt LaFleur:
UNDEFEATED

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Cutler is cool

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

man i really wanted to believe in mitch, this is a huge bummer

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

man i really wanted to believe in mitch, this is a huge bummer

Deep in your heart you knew the Bears could not have a good QB.

Also that Whitehair extension looking reallllllll sketchy.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

packers

> will have to wait until they've played a lesser defense to see whether the offense is that bad (i bet it isn't) and until they've played a better offense to see whether the defense is that good (i bet it also isn't)

> looked like lafleurs offensive system has not been implemented all the way yet, possibly because of the lack of preseason minutes for the starters. 2nd half packers offense looked like a mccarthy offense to me, not just in magnitude of badness, but in principle. 1st half packers offense did look different, but was a mixed bag.

> rodgers looked like he'd lost a ton of arm strength over the offseason. Possibly he has hit an age wall. But this isn't the first opener where I've thought he'd lost some zip, and on other occasions he seemed to regain zip over time, so im not ready to call him washed just yet

bears

> still deeply, deeply baffled by mathison nagy's playcalling

> i can only surmise that Paul Johnson did something very bad to nagy at some point, causing him to develop a deathly fear of running the ball

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

like i can respect a college team that just comes out and says "we're a throwing-team, we're going to throw the ball 62 times per game, gently caress you"

that's fun and cool imo

however, in the NFL, every coach will swear up and down that they want offensive balance and want to establish the run

it bugs me when they are lying!

if you're a coach who will call 58 passes per game, own it

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

If your QB sucks you should run more.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I just want to say. The Trubisky interception into triple coverage was hilarious but to follow it up immediately on the final drive with nothing was even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

JK Scott is the best punter in the NFL.

Change my mind