Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Schadenboner posted:

Actually it's a "pew" sound not a "click" sound?
i think this weirdo was trying to describe snapping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i think this weirdo was trying to describe snapping

Oh, yeah, that's a thing as well.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
:mcnally:

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
This is a list of stuffed dishes, comprising dishes and foods that are prepared with various fillings and stuffings. Some dishes are not actually stuffed; the added ingredients are simply spread atop the base food. One cannot truly stuff an oyster or a mussel or a pizza.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chorrax posted:

One cannot truly stuff an oyster or a mussel or a pizza.

well not with that attitude you can't

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
the hell's a stuffed crust then

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Some critics, such as Eric Burns of Websnark, have found the comic to suffer from "incredibly slow pacing" (as of March 2009, only about 2 months of in-universe time have elapsed),[73] unclear direction or resolutions for plot threads, a lack of official character profiles and plot summaries for the uninitiated, and an erratic update schedule.[8] Burns also harshly criticized the often uncanonical filler material Gallagher employs to prevent the comic's front page content from becoming stagnant,[8] such as Shirt Guy Dom, a punchline-driven stick figure comic strip written and illustrated by Megatokyo editor Dominic Nguyen. Following Gallagher taking on Megatokyo as a full-time occupation, some critics have complained that updates should be more frequent than when he worked on the comic part time.[8] Update schedule issues prompted Gallagher to install an update progress bar for readers awaiting the next installment of the comic; however, it has since been removed as it itself often wasn't updated.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lmao

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
This is the co-creator who quit early on

Rodney Caston (born May 13, 1977) is an American penetration tester, OSINT Investigator, ethical hacker and writer. He is credited as a co-creator and writer of the first volume of the popular comic book series Megatokyo, and as a co-creator of the second volume. He has worked for[1] Linden Lab,[2] makers of the online game called Second Life, and Riot Games,[3]. He is presently serving as a board member for the Southern Methodist University Cyber Security Advisory Board[4] and is also a member of the Atlantic Council[5].

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Description: Motorola Droid Bionic on Verizon Android 4.1.2

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

that person has never made or received a booty call

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
However, even the Stetson company notes that a "ten-gallon" hat holds only 3 quarts (about 3 L instead of 38 liters).[29][31]

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

goblin week posted:

Meloxicam has been investigated as an alternative to diclofenac by the RSPB to prevent deaths of vultures.[citation needed]

not worthless, the "India poisoned its vultures with diclofenac and then had a massive problem with carrion and wild dogs that caused a public health crisis" story is interesting and hosed up

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haveblue posted:

However, even the Stetson company notes that a "ten-gallon" hat holds only 3 quarts (about 3 L instead of 38 liters).[29][31]

the term "ten-gallon hat" confused and disturbed my young brain for years

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

not worthless, the "India poisoned its vultures with diclofenac and then had a massive problem with carrion and wild dogs that caused a public health crisis" story is interesting and hosed up

interesting! due to the lack of any citation i assumed it was more in the vein of „please start using different painkillers on your pets because when they inevitably escape and their corpses are picked clean the vultures suffer”

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

prefect posted:

the term "ten-gallon hat" confused and disturbed my young brain for years

I always figured that it referred to a gigantic oversized cowboy hat like the one Yosemite Sam wears. naturally I also assumed that some cowboys must wear gigantic oversized hats, because otherwise why would they draw Yosemite Sam that way?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

goblin week posted:

interesting! due to the lack of any citation i assumed it was more in the vein of „please start using different painkillers on your pets because when they inevitably escape and their corpses are picked clean the vultures suffer”

i think it was in cattle maybe but I'm too lazy to look it up

but yeah turns out carrion eaters have a vital role to play in an ecosystem and as usual, humans will gently caress it up and then go "why does this keep happening to me???"

also farmers cannot be trusted to not wildly overuse any and all chemicals (more == better) and gently caress up the environment and themselves. there was some super hosed up story of farmers in India putting benzene on apples to make them look shinier and fresher.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

but yeah turns out carrion eaters have a vital role to play in an ecosystem and as usual, humans will gently caress it up and then go "why does this keep happening to me???"
my favorite example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Pests_Campaign

mao decided that one of the problems with chinese agriculture was that sparrows were eating too much seed so peasants were directed to kill as many birds as they could. and they did!

the next several harvests were completely fuckin' devoured by out of control insect swarms

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Occasionally, the female will eat the male directly after mating. (See video below.)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Noun
old hat (uncountable)
1. (now rare, archaic) The vulva; (by extension) sexual intercourse. [from 17th c.]
2. (idiomatic) Something with which one is very familiar; something very common, hackneyed or out of date. [from 20th c.]

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Bach, by means of melody and harmony, expresses the desire for death

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Soricidus posted:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Each verse mentions two things that the man would do for love, followed by one thing that he will not do. The title phrase repetition reasserts that he "won't do that." Each mention of "that" is a reference to the particular promise that he made earlier in the same verse.[6] The four things he says he will never do are:
  • "forget the way you feel right now"
  • "forgive myself if we don't go all the way tonight"
  • "do it better than I do it with you"
  • "stop dreaming of you every night of my life"

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worm_charming

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

brb fiddling a worm

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The gauge 0 model train manufacturer ACE Trains produce an "unorthodox" model of a British Schools Class steam locomotive (which were named after British schools), numbered 1922 and named "St Trinneans" (sic). This model is bright pink and has a pair of uniformed schoolgirls as driver and fireman.[14]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Soricidus posted:

bach owns :rock:

prefect fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 8, 2019

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

prefect posted:

back owns :rock:

I love that loser song

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

The store has an extensive conveyor belt system that runs along the ceiling.[6][7]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The Leck posted:

The store has an extensive conveyor belt system that runs along the ceiling.[6][7]

don't buy from them; they are strikebreakers who abuse their employees

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
In order to sound as realistic as possible, Osmond punched himself in the stomach several times while recording the song.[10]

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Amazing.

quote:

Worm charming is a behavior also observed in the animal kingdom, especially among birds. The methods used vary; however, tapping earth with feet to generate vibrations is widespread. One common example is the "Seagull dance"<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgw-Z0NQsW0>.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt0WoO7cZJ8

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Phrase

to be continued

1. (television) Used at the end of an episode to indicate that the story continues in the next episode.
2. (colloquial) Used to indicate that a story under discussion has not concluded, either in narration or in reality.

1998, Star Trek: Voyager (TV series), "Night" (episode)
EMH: Computer, freeze programme.
PARIS: Doc, this is the final chapter. Satan's Robot Conquers the World. We can't stop now.
EMH: Does the phrase to be continued mean anything to you?
PARIS: Your opera can wait.
EMH: This programme is a waste of photonic energy.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

even a bit of virga, eh

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Movie_Firearms_Database

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

The year 1939 in film is widely considered the most outstanding one ever,[1] 

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i think there's a website like this for cars in movies, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

The year 1939 in film is widely considered the most outstanding one ever,[1] 
not worthless; also true

stagecoach, wizard of oz, gone with the wind, wuthering heights, mr smith goes to washington, young mr lincoln, goodbye mr chips, etc etc

it was a hell of a year

only 1999 has an argument for being a better year in movies