Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

I said come in! posted:

Good releases for SNES shouldn't be that hard, I mean the SNES has some of the best video games ever made.
how many of those aren't "remastered / re-released by their respective publisher, or the original IP in limbo"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

who at Nintendo keeps stanning so hard for Brawl Brothers, I feel like this was also on the WiiU and I have no idea why

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Merkinman posted:

how many of those aren't "remastered / re-released by their respective publisher, or the original IP in limbo"?

Almost all of them to be honest.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

I said come in! posted:

Almost all of them to be honest.

Well Chrono Trigger is most likely in this exact situation

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I expect Square Enix would rather port the Steam/mobile version of Chrono Trigger to Switch and sell it for $15 than make it available as part of a much cheaper subscription.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Good releases for SNES shouldn't be that hard, I mean the SNES has some of the best video games ever made.

I agree and I think Nintendo Online is trash. I just meant like, in terms of what games I'd actually want to play, I was already expecting release dates to be "sporadic". They're guaranteed to space out gems to keep people subbed, monthly schedule or not.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

asecondduck posted:

Sorry, I should have made that clearer: each mode has its own pairing, so yeah, four pairings. Mine is paired to my Switch, my Mac, and my SNES Classic (I have their adapter).

This is fantastic.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Weedle posted:

I expect Square Enix would rather port the Steam/mobile version of Chrono Trigger to Switch and sell it for $15 than make it available as part of a much cheaper subscription.

They consider the DS version the definitive one, from what I recall, so there's that.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I bought Astral Chain on launch day and put it off to get through Control. After being Control and getting excited to start Astral Chain, here I am playing SMW again for the millionth time :-/

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm glad Capcom is cool with games that arent a part of any anthologies to be on the SNES app. Doubt there'd be any other way for them to get Demon's Crest and other poo poo on a modern console. Squeenix though will def not go quietly into this plan lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Well Chrono Trigger is most likely in this exact situation

I mostly am just interested in games that have never left the SNES. Mario RPG, and Nintendos version of Simcity are my top picks. :P I know Mario RPG is on Wii, but you actually can't buy it on that system anymore.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Is demons quest the prequel to super ghouls n ghosts?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
when are they adding Zombies Ate My Neighbors

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

bushisms.txt posted:

Idk the lore but its an underappreciated gem

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I said come in! posted:

I was afraid of this but not surprised. A lot of the fan favorites either are remastered / re-released by their respective publisher, or the original IP is in limbo as the company that owned it no longer exists.

Or they're Square, and they treat old ip like poo poo with lazy outsourcing.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I mostly am just interested in games that have never left the SNES. Mario RPG, and Nintendos version of Simcity are my top picks. :P I know Mario RPG is on Wii, but you actually can't buy it on that system anymore.

Mario rpg escaped to the Wii u, a much more barren prison

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

Or they're Square, and they treat old ip like poo poo with lazy outsourcing.

The PC port of Final Fantasy V, and VI. :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

The PC port of Final Fantasy V, and VI. :(

It's really sad that the best way to play those games is still a GBA emulator with a fan patch

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Isn't Mario RPG also on the SNES classic? I guess it's theoretically possible, but Square doesn't seem like they're too keen on putting games out on the service. SimCity probably won't happen because of the license issues.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

$20 a year for like 40ish NES games, 20+SNES games, Tetris 99, and game discount vouchers is a good deal imo. My discount vouchers have payed for my membership by itself

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They fixed the Chrono Trigger PC port didn't they?

Tbh I'd rather pay a tenner for a prettied up version with remastered cutscenes than play the SNES version.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I could see Square agreeing to Super Mario RPG since that is a game they cannot sell themselves in any way. Likewise EA has the SimCity rights, they can't do anything with the SNES version and it doesn't compete with any of their products.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just want more RPGs and stuff. Current offering is a lot of platformers and arcade games, neither of which are really my jam

still owns to be able to play SNES games on the Nintendo Switch tho

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

$20 a year for like 40ish NES games, 20+SNES games, Tetris 99, and game discount vouchers is a good deal imo. My discount vouchers have payed for my membership by itself

Actually, you're getting ripped off and it's actively extremely bad and anti-consumer, because I experienced lag in Smash once.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Actually, you're getting ripped off and it's actively extremely bad and anti-consumer, because I experienced lag in Smash once.

Paying for online is still poo poo

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

bushisms.txt posted:

I believe it's an alternate timeline or long in the future. But it follows with the Gargoyle Quest's games. I always found the stories of Firebrand to be exist outside of Arthur's adventures so it'd be an alternate world with less humans.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Andrast posted:

Paying for online is still poo poo

What if I'm not paying for online, but instead paying for an official SNES emulator and have online as a bonus

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

What if I'm not paying for online, but instead paying for an official SNES emulator and have online as a bonus

then I hope that you enjoy your official SNES emulator

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I've been trying to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 with my 6 yr old. Is it just me or is the camera amazingly bad? At least he doesn't mind, but it drives me crazy.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I like supporting companies that make good products and overall provide positive experiences for me.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Steve2911 posted:

They fixed the Chrono Trigger PC port didn't they?

Tbh I'd rather pay a tenner for a prettied up version with remastered cutscenes than play the SNES version.

Yeah it's good now

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Andrast posted:

then I hope that you enjoy your official SNES emulator

They're a wonderful bonus to my Tetris subscription, thank you

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Look Sir Droids posted:

I've been trying to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 with my 6 yr old. Is it just me or is the camera amazingly bad? At least he doesn't mind, but it drives me crazy.

The local coop camera is a trash fire yeah. Nintendo wants you to buy a switch lite for lan instead.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Look Sir Droids posted:

It's not you, the camera is terrible. The game itself is a piece of poo poo anyways.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Square and Enix made all the great SNES RPGs.

Oh there will be some on there but it will be like, Tecmos Sword of the Stars, Lufia II, and Bahumut's Lagoon

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Square and Enix made all the great SNES RPGs.

Oh there will be some on there but it will be like, Tecmos Sword of the Stars, Lufia II, and Bahumut's Lagoon
Tecmo's Sword of the Stars has a minor antagonist named Badbad.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I dont know if people were joking or not, but I really do hope they release Vegas Stakes. I always liked that game.

I wonder who owns the rights to it these days.

E: HAL labs and Nintendo. Shouldn’t be a problem releasing it I’d think

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

I said come in! posted:

It's not you, the camera is terrible. The game itself is a piece of poo poo anyways.

Yeah. Got it to play with the kids and it's worse than the first two.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Astral Chain's Collector's Edition has some funny ideas about about what constitutes a "Sound Selection" CD.

Namely that it has thirty-one goddamn tracks. I don't think you can call it a "selection" when it presumably has all the game's music selected for it :stwoon:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Turns out it's just 31 different takes on Lappy's "howdy, partner!"