Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

Too bad it wasn’t a touch higher up, then he could’ve been half-assed :v:

Now I'm sitting here at work trying unsuccessfully to suppress laughter. Nice work.

e:

Deteriorata posted:

But then he would have gotten a little behind in his work.

Oh gently caress, I'm dyin' here!

wezmon fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Grocery stores are full of 16 yo osha stories. I sliced my thigh wide open trying to make box stock count over night. I was on my knees and it was a clean deep cut. I stayed on that night as we didn’t have health care. Just throw that box away and clean up the aisle after you bandage up.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

a couple of months ago there was a story about a guy who fell behind the wall of freezers at a grocery store, got stuck, and died, and for an entire decade no one had any idea what had happened to him until they tore down the store and happened across his disintegrated body

e: here is is https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/07/22/body-found-behind-supermarket-cooler-employee-missing-10-years/1801273001/

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sounds like a real cold case

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
It makes me wonder just how bad the sanitation is at that store was for the smell of a decomposing body to not get noticed.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

some of the other articles had people quoted saying "yeah, that store always had a weird gross smell to it"

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

Grocery stores are full of 16 yo osha stories. I sliced my thigh wide open trying to make box stock count over night. I was on my knees and it was a clean deep cut. I stayed on that night as we didn’t have health care. Just throw that box away and clean up the aisle after you bandage up.

I still can't believe the store I worked at (when I was 15!) put me in the lovely basket on a forklift and had me go to the third rack tier to grab some cereal or w/e. I was scared shitless, but didn't want to look like a wuss so I did it.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Nocheez posted:

I still can't believe the store I worked at (when I was 15!) put me in the lovely basket on a forklift and had me go to the third rack tier to grab some cereal or w/e. I was scared shitless, but didn't want to look like a wuss so I did it.

Not a bad post/avatar combo either. Really sells it.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Nocheez posted:

A basket sounds pretty fancy. The times I needed to grab something from the top tier in the freezer and I couldn't climb up like a monkey I'd just stand on a pallet while the forklift raised me up.

I thought it was pretty cool at the time, but now I realize how many ways things could have gone horribly wrong, both with the forklift thing and with simply freeclimbing two or three stories in a freezer.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nocheez posted:

What you’re saying is that they put a Gaylord on the forklift.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

well that's what happens when you let your society get so hosed over by the rich that you end up with a totally intractable Morlock/Holoi situation.

Yes, those terrible Hawaiian Morlocks and their laundry.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

wezmon posted:

The pallet talk up-thread reminded me of my own OSHA experience at my first ever real job.
What the hell kjnd of pallets were you using that can do that much damage? Do you work in the warhammer 40k universe or something?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

What the hell kjnd of pallets were you using that can do that much damage? Do you work in the warhammer 40k universe or something?

I could see the rough‐cut edge of a hardwood pallet doing that to a person in shorts if it hit just right.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i was just thinking about that. i've had the exact same experience with pallets falling onto my leg and they hurt but they just bounce off

granted i got calves like bowling balls, maybe this guy's just made of paper

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
One of my brother's first jobs was construction, one of those lovely, shady little companies with like 3 guys (most of his jobs have been like this actually). He quit the first day after his boss fell off a scaffold and snapped his femur in half with bone poking out.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Coxswain Balls posted:

A basket sounds pretty fancy.

It was literally a pallet with a couple PVC pipes making a "safety" rail.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yes, those terrible Hawaiian Morlocks and their laundry.

imagine having a race of subterranian scullers who get so sick of washing ur britches they straight up just eat you rear end and all. pretty hosed up right? but actually in Britain its normal.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
"Looking for someone who eats rear end and does laundry" is my personal ad but I guess I need to go to Britain to find someone, huh?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

zedprime posted:

"Looking for someone who eats rear end and does laundry" is my personal ad but I guess I need to go to Britain to find someone, huh?

Shoot for the moon, but settle to land among the stars.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Sorry, bit of a Britishism on my part, over here rear end refers to a semisweet dessert meat made out of braised donkey in aspic.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Ghost-Ship-trial-Jury-acquits-defendant-Max-14416802.php?psid=lw9ae

Ghost Ship verdict: Mistrial for person most directly responsible, acquittal for his assistant.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

haveblue posted:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Ghost-Ship-trial-Jury-acquits-defendant-Max-14416802.php?psid=lw9ae

Ghost Ship verdict: Mistrial for person most directly responsible, acquittal for his assistant.

Between this and the verruckt water slide I'm wondering why we even bother.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Here's my Forklift Story

A few years back I was working at a small warehouse. One morning I came in and a bunch of the guys were in the front parking lot looking at a cat that had gotten up on the roof and was up there meowmeowmeowing away. Eventually someone, we'll call him Steve, suggests using the forklift to raise a pallet (and person) up there to rescue it. This leads to a small debate:

"I don't think it'll even go that high dude"
"It totally will, it goes waaay higher than you'd think"
"I don't know..."
"Fine, watch this"

So Steve brings our little forklift around and starts raising it up. And up, and up easily getting to the height of the building.

And there, just as it reaches the farthest limit, the whole thing tips over sideways. The mast neatly
fitting between two parked cars. The forks however coming right down on Steve's car and basically cutting it in half.

Surprisingly, no one got hurt and the cat presumably just got down on his own.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A forklift tipping over on its side just from raising the mast makes it seem to me like there was a lot wrong with it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It wasn't great, but the biggest issue was probably that the parking lot had a pretty good slope to it.

Which I had thought to include, but apparently forgot.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oh, yep, that would do it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/F5zOwwL.mp4

Maybe OSHA but definitely impressive

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

it's just a mama helping its babby

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ghostnuke posted:

it's just a mama helping its babby

It took me a while before I realized it was fixing itself, though?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Schadenboner posted:

It took me a while before I realized it was fixing itself, though?

oh yeah. perspective made the bucket look way bigger

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Truly in awe.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Wall-E remake looking good

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
he's still got one really hosed link so its probably gonna throw again

Dielectric
May 3, 2010

Nocheez posted:

It was literally a pallet with a couple PVC pipes making a "safety" rail.

Oh we would have dreamed of a PVC safety rail. At a motorcycle shop which will remain nameless, we had overflow storage on the second floor of a barn. The "elevator" was a 4x8-ish platform on the forks of the forklift. Said forklift had no brakes, BTW. SOP was to put the bike on the platform, then maybe use tiedowns or maybe just have someone sit on it and balance it if we were in a hurry. I much preferred putting snowmobiles up there, they didn't get all wobbly.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Conveniently in front of a funeral home:

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

he's still got one really hosed link so its probably gonna throw again

I'm guessing it might need that missing link so it can to bend enough to fit on there. Then once it's on they can replace it with the correct link.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Well we all have to get dressed in the morning.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

RoastBeef posted:

Conveniently in front of a funeral home:

That looks like a conductive ladder for sure if that matters in this sutiaetion

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fallows posted:

That looks like a conductive ladder for sure if that matters in this sutiaetion

They’re just loving with telecom wires but it’s good practice to use a nonconductive ladder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

it's no 11'8", but our local contender poses an additional hazard in heavy rain (not pictured)

oh and it just took prey two days in a row